Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Quite indicative of their ‘design’ approach - “Never mind that - just get it out the door, quick!” 🤣 

It is going to be interesting to see what the residual value of the wheel will be when the owners feel the need to jump to the ‘next big thing’, of course nobody is wanting to think about that before they’ve even landed, and we tend to prefer not to think this way as humans, of course, like the girl of the moment - ‘this time it’s for keeps’, but for sure or at least judging by the used wheel marketplace, some wheel marques, rather like cars, tend to retain a higher residual value down the line, all other things being equal in terms of condition, etc. Not that this is much of a consideration when you simply want whatever wheel you consider to be ‘the best’: it is, as ever, in the mind’s eye of the beholder. 

Edited by Freeforester
  • Upvote 2

In the above video, Roger gave us a pretty good glimpse as to the speeds some riders rode at in Marty's group ride up Mt. Baldy. I thought Roger made the Commander Pro looked good. I thought he accelerated and braked well on the Commander Pro. And the awesome speeds at which he took some of those turns too. To me, it was like he was riding a motorcycle. 

Edited by techyiam

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I thought Roger made the Commander Pro looked good. I thought he accelerated and braked well on the Commander Pro. And the awesome speeds at which he took some of those turns too. To me, it was like he was riding a motorcycle. 

If I bought myself a wheel based on how Roger makes it look and seem, I would be sorely disappointed with 100% certainty!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

If I bought myself a wheel based on how Roger makes it look and seem, I would be sorely disappointed with 100% certainty!

It is more like, you would be sorely disappointed with 100% certainty if you bought any of the big fast wheels. 🙂

It looks like there are plenty of riders in the US that would like to own these big fast wheels.

Edited by techyiam
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I am so close to finally putting a deposit down. It has been months of hand wringing but I just am not hearing the bad about this wheel. Still waiting for some mileage tests and how it holds up over ‘x’ amount of time/distance. I was really close to getting the Sherman S, but a couple of turn-offs on that. One of them being the app is android only.

I had my deposit down in August 2021. Couldn't wait any longer and pulled the trigger on 1st batch SS. I'm happy with the SS. It's a great wheel and does everything I'm looking for.

I did have 2nd thoughts right after I paid in full. Maybe I should get the ComP. If I'm at the position you are at, I would wait for more reviews on the ComP. To me, it is better than the Master X. Better battery protection and better suspension system.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rawnei said:

In this thread it's been discussed that it has the wrong charge ports and need to be redesigned.

It's not a "wrong charge port", it is simply different. The GX16-5 is capable of all the same things as the GX20-4 that'll come in subsequent batches after the first, it's simply there is an unofficial standard that the GX15-5 is for 100v while the GX20-4 is for 134v so end-users do not end up using the wrong charges on their devices.

8 minutes ago, Paradox said:

I disagree.  If it's not the correct one it must be the wrong one.  Imagine the confusion this causes going forward.  Future buyers may look at the smaller port and think their 100v fast charger will work. Some may think the 134v charger with the smaller adapter will charge their 100v wheels. What a mess.

They send an adapter with the first batches, if you're anyway technical it's not a big deal. Future buyers will only have to deal with the GX20-4 because first batches will be limited (eWheels will only have ~20).

Personally I'd prefer a first batch if they have a different port because they'll be limited in number and somewhat special, much like the first year 2012 McLaren MP4-12Cs that had the slide-to-open doors rather than the button on all subsequent models.

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

It's not a "wrong charge port", it is simply different. The GX16-5 is capable of all the same things as the GX20-4 that'll come in subsequent batches after the first, it's simply there is an unofficial standard that the GX15-5 is for 100v while the GX20-4 is for 134v so end-users do not end up using the wrong charges on their devices.

To me it's a little bit like shipping a box that's set for 220 V mains and fitting a plug that fits into a US socket. It's easy to make a mistake, hopefully it just sits there and looks broken and none of the magic smoke gets out.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Marty said this, Roger did that. 😂

Yeah, until someone else says or does something about the wheel that’s all we can reference obviously 

Edited by BKW

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

In the above video, Roger gave us a pretty good glimpse as to the speeds some riders rode at in Marty's group ride up Mt. Baldy. I thought Roger made the Commander Pro looked good. I thought he accelerated and braked well on the Commander Pro. And the awesome speeds at which he took some of those turns too. To me, it was like he was riding a motorcycle. 

Yeah, there didn't seem to be any issues with the wheel, but I understand the sarcasm of a few people here. These personal vlogs don't really tell everything, and Marty said himself he didn't give negative reviews on the wheels he gets, which is kind of concerning. Obviously, more testing and riding needs to be done, we all know that

1 hour ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

And Marty also said "a membrane" before later setting it straight with a reference  :roflmao:

https://youtu.be/PuMAnqsWa6U?t=2304

Combination of unexcellent attention to detail by manufacturer, and the rush to get videos up quickly to beat everyone else. Nevermind spending some time actually learning the wheel and its idiosyncracies, settings, etc. And then those videos with wrong, negative information stay up forever. :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, BKW said:

Yeah, until someone else says or does something about the wheel that’s all we can reference obviously 

I get what you are saying. But these rushed videos should be taken with a huge grain of salt because they often contain incorrect information. Bad information is worse than no information if it doesn't get corrected. Which it rarely does.

:)

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

I had my deposit down in August 2021. Couldn't wait any longer and pulled the trigger on 1st batch SS. I'm happy with the SS. It's a great wheel and does everything I'm looking for.

I did have 2nd thoughts right after I paid in full. Maybe I should get the ComP. If I'm at the position you are at, I would wait for more reviews on the ComP. To me, it is better than the Master X. Better battery protection and better suspension system.

I think it's a great thing people realize that the 1st batches are likely to have some issues (even later ones), hopefully minor only. With that said, the SS is a great wheel and it's kind of personal preference if both the CP and the SS come out without any major issues. I still think the SS will be a more popular wheel overall when all is said and done

• Like 3