Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Another great review from Marty. I agree it does look pretty solid overall, but as usual is set back by some truly weird design decisions (most notably the cable / top rubber guard arrangement), though I imagine at least some of those are down to his pre-release version. Fairly sure they will include bumper blocks for both ends with the retail version - it seems reasonable they could be missing from early demo models..

It is better than what they have done previously, and it seems that the gentle ramp towards higher quality started with begode wheels continues here with EB.

Still looks like an absolute crows nest built by monkeys in comparison to the V13 though :)

Just now, Cerbera said:

Another great review from Marty. I agree it does look pretty solid overall, but as usual is set back by some truly weird design decisions (most notably the cable / top rubber guard arrangement), though I imagine at least some of those are down to his pre-release version. Fairly sure they will include bumper blocks for both ends with the retail version - it seems reasonable they could be missing from early demo models..

It is better than what they have done previously, and it seems that the gentle ramp towards higher quality started with begode wheels continues here with EB.

Still looks like an absolute crows nest built by monkeys in comparison to the V13 though :)

Yes but at least it has battery capacity unlike the V13 😂

Yep, that it does ! Fairly minor criticisms so far - I like it ! There is yet more evidence they listen to feedback, which is always a good thing, so now we get sensible carry handles, a non-knobby tyre and the trolley handle looks more robust than we usually see. Despite the questionable motor cable pathway I really like the new simplicity of the suspension design and what looks like a very beefy and solid top box. Presuming the plastic parts of the pedals don't horribly discolour or crack over time (as the metal studs are pushed hard into them during cold temps for example); they must save some weight, and certainly look very smart.

But as Marty notes, that rubbish mudguard attachment arrangement and the charge adapters is really not what you expect from a 4K machine, so let's hope they fix both those before retail units ship. It'll be interesting to see how many people choose range over spending the extra 500 on the absolute reliability and the next-level build quality of that InMotion beastie.

Edited by Cerbera

23 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Presuming the plastic parts of the pedals don't horribly discolour or crack over time (as the metal studs are pushed hard into them during cold temps for example); they must save some weight, and certainly look very smart.

UV light will discolor plastic. Also I think these light up, hence why they're clear -- there was a video out there I saw where you have to press them hard around the logo to activate

I'm trying to figure out how the tire is swapped on this model. It's a PITA for the Sherman S, I hope it's not the same here. I ordered the knobby but I might switch to the street. If it's fairly easy I'd prefer to keep the knobby and get an aftermarket street I can DIY

1 hour ago, oktothorpe said:

Also I think these light up

Oh well if they do light up then I am all in favour of that and nice move EB ! Might also partly explain why they are pre-attached onto side panels.

I just watched the entire video and here are my thoughts:

Possible cons:

1. I don't like how the rollers of the suspension are so exposed to the elements via the bottom of the wheel. I feel like these have a good chance of mucking up with debris, etc., and it could have a negative effect on their overall function. But who knows? Maybe not. Will have to see with time.
  2. The motor wire going up to the control board does seem a little janky how that's manufactured. Personally, it doesn't really bother me that much because is there going to be a lot of flexion behind those battery packs, etc?
  3. The soldering of the tail light gives some negative notions of how the rest of the electronics may be set up (not ideal).
  4. Waterproofing of the control board compartment does not seem good

Possible pros:

1. The suspension is bridged together and should be pretty solid, no?
  2. The protection of the batteries looks really good. I thought both sides of the batteries are magnesium shelling, but maybe one side is magnesium shelling and the other side is plastic?
  3. I'm 5'11" and Marty is also 5'11" so when I see him stand next to the trolley handle and hold it, it calms my nerves a bit knowing the trolley system actually isn't as short as I thought and I kind of like it tbh -- mainly because I have always thought the trolley systems on most the EUCs were the "weak points". My SherMax, the rails break all the dang time because if it falls over with them up then 100% it'll bend and you can't bend those things back in place; once it bends, it's done. I like this nice trolley system on the EBCP because it won't pop out in the event of a crash like the Sherman trolley does, and if it falls over with the trolley up then it may be less prone to breaking by hitting the floor. I like the trolley system here.

As stated previously, I like the ergonomics of this wheel, I like how it has a temperature reader on the gauage, I like the trolley system, I like the magnesium shelling, I like the suspension from what I've seen for the most part, I like the 134 volt, I like the battery size, I like the bumper/kickstand attachments as it seems very basic but it's very FUNCTIONAL. I really think if this wheel doesn't crap out on the riding reviews then this wheel has a great chance of being a better wheel than the SS, which I intentionally thought it was deju vu like how the original Commander and the SherMax ended up being. I was going to buy the Sherman S but I'm almost 100% certain now I'll buy this wheel. This wheel just needs the be tested via riding and pretty much most of my concerns will be answered.

The other possible cons of this wheel are stated in Marty's video. But these "cons"  don't standout to me as something too strange for first batch wheels, or even future batched wheels (unless I missed a major con I forgot to mention).

As far as the light up pedals, if you type in google "begode light up pedals" you will see them in aliexpress. I am not sure if these are sold separately from the stock EBCP pedals, but my inclination is to think they are.

Also, the holes along the front and back of the shelling that look like "something should have gone here but begode didn't finish", I wonder if this was done intentionally by begode to sell future products without including it in the original purchase? For example, the mten4 also had these strange holes along the body as if something belonged there; later we find out that they sell us a trolley handle near 60 dollars (ironic). I do like the aftermarket possibilities that these can bring though. This could also be a rushed part of the design as it also seemed rushed that the 100 volt needed to be switched fast to a 134 volt pin system, so it looks like begode definitely rushed parts of this EUC to be done likely to complete with the SS in a timely manner.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

The two hydraulic structs looked to be rigidly held together, at the axle and at the top. So the amount of horizontal force of the battery cases pressing on either side against the axle blocks should be minimal. The problem that I see with the rollers is rusting. Not sure why they don't just provide some clearance to prevent rubbing. 

The rear mud guard should be screwed in from the inboard facing out . All you need is a stubby screwdriver to get in there.

4 hours ago, UPONIT said:

That would make it a bomb. Or a really big grenade. Tomayto Tomahto... :roflmao:

Yup, you want the outside to be hard like magnesium to take hits and the inside to be soft like plastic so it can expand and/or melt if there is a battery failure.

• Like 2

oof, from Jason at eWheels. Maybe wait until the second batch.

For this initial batch of 20x, they're going to be fitted with the adapters. Next round, in about 6 weeks will have the standard GX20-4 charge ports, since they need to make some modifications to the shell. 

Edit: the only pro I can think of with the GX16-5 in the first batch over the GX20-4 afterwards is it's a smaller port and may be more water resistant since the rubber mold flap will be smaller

Edit 2: quick size difference of the GX16 versus the GX20

GX12-GX16-GX20-2-3-4-6-7-8-9-10-Pin-Male

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, trailless said:

Alright I'm calling Alien Rides tomorrow to change my preorder to the Commander Pro. 

Good call! Ask them if the charging ports are GX16 or GX20, eWheels is GX16 for the first batch of ~20 so I would bet Alien Rides is going to be the same. Also ask if they'll provide two adapters for fast charging like Marty suggested

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, trailless said:

Alright I'm calling Alien Rides tomorrow to change my preorder to the Commander Pro. 

yeah, the wheel seems solid. not even being biased here

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oktothorpe said:

Good call! Ask them if the charging ports are GX16 or GX20, eWheels is GX16 for the first batch of ~20 so I would bet Alien Rides is going to be the same. Also ask if they'll provide two adapters for fast charging like Marty suggested

It'll probably be the same as eWheels. I'm not to worried about that, it's just an adapter. I just got the hyper charger so I'll never have to use both charging ports.

1 minute ago, trailless said:

It'll probably be the same as eWheels. I'm not to worried about that, it's just an adapter. I just got the hyper charger so I'll never have to use both charging ports.

Same, I'm guessing the GX16 will be a bit more weather-resistant due to the smaller ports and smaller opening in the mold/cover

12 minutes ago, BKW said:

yeah, the wheel seems solid. not even being biased here

For sure. I don't like the rear suspension design for the EX30. I spent way too much money on my Master suspension to not be satisfied... Don't want to go through that again... Commander Pro seems like a solid choice. 

• Like 3

Should buyers be concerned that a charger port that was designed for 100v is now being used at 134v?  I know a change is in the works but for those being given a dongle to charge is this a problem?  Some of these new chargers will be able to pump 15a.  Sounds sketchy to me but I don't know the science behind charger ports.