Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I was thinking more along the fender and mud flap. I already like the trolley handle. It looked sturdy and not too high. And I am fine with the charging adaptor pigtail.

Yup trolley handle looks solid from video reviews. Mud flap should be simple to fix because there are pre-threaded holes on both sides of the unit (which also means potential aftermarket support and attachments!)

1 minute ago, Paul A said:

Eevees' views seem to be a good indicator of how poor the quality is.

The need to sell a model at a loss, is another indicator.  

The non sales is likely due to customers' decisions.

Part of the issue is Begode's fault by pulling a Subway. Subway famously allowed franchisers to build new Subways close to existing ones with the result being the competing Subway stores eating each other's sales. Begode has a BIG problem with this given how many models they put out eating attention and sales of other models; I've heard rumors they're going to adjust their strategy and start focusing on less models with higher QA though so we can hope the EBCP is a step in that direction.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BKW said:

I mean, it is bad that distributors have to call the companies and ask for improvements before even selling a wheel. I’m definitely not buying a batch one

This is a new and niche field dominated by Chinese companies that are very much in the move-fast-break-things mentality, though this could be changing with InMotion's V13 putting out a product that is well designed and well-built. The only caveat to slowing things down like they did with the V13 is it takes more time, money, and R&D to do which I believe contributes to the V13's shortcomings in battery life, power management, and speed. I come from a background in software engineering and I appreciate both methods, though at this stage of EUC I think the Begode move-fast-break-things mentality is the better one to evolve the field more quickly and stay ahead of the competition.

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Indeed. Let's not forget, even Begode have publicly said they are doing a higher quality / safer wheel next. If that genuinely is the case, and they pull it off then we might be leaving the 'Performance-pushing Era' of EUC evolution, and entering into the 'Safety Era', which sounds like the right way to go, if it is possible without increasing the price disproportionately and the weights much more than they already are...

McLaren did something very similar when they started making production vehicles in 2011 with the release of the MP4-12C, the first few years of McLaren were rough but they quickly dominated the competition in raw performance over established manufacturers like Ferrari and Lamborghini

Edited by oktothorpe

It would make sense - as performance goes, we can't really get much more ridiculous than it already is. I figure there really aren't many people in this hobby who want to do 150 kph or more standing up...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

I think the Begode move-fast-break-things mentality is the better one to evolve the field more quickly and stay ahead of the competition.

Prime examples of selling mass produced prototypes:

(1) S22

(2) Master

It almost seem like they took prototypes directly to production without significant amount of analysis, evaluation or testing, except for the promo videos.

But these two wheels turned out to be great sellers. Go figure.

Just now, Cerbera said:

It would make sense - as performance goes, we can't really get much more ridiculous than it already is. I figure there really aren't many people in this hobby who want to do 150 kph or more standing up...

I bought a neck brace for a reason! I demand 150kph!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

I bought a neck brace for a reason! I demand 150kph!

Well that's all lovely, but how are you gonna stand up in the wind at that speed without being blown off backwards ?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But these two wheels turned out to be great sellers. Go figure.

...and may yet turn out to be much revered and fondly remembered wheels of their time... I certainly love mine all the time it isn't broken ! :)

Edited by Cerbera

It'll be interesting if companies do start pivoting, I think I read the top speed of the V13 is software limited so a future prioritizing safety and other features is likely over raw performance. That said I'm sure there will always be a market for racing and people that want the McLaren/Ferrari/Lamborghini of the EUC world

Edited by oktothorpe

I enjoy and fear those videos, especially when they wipe out. There was a guy on a Sherman S hitting 50mph with ZERO gear and he wiped out and ended up breaking a lot of things. Do stupid shit, get stupid shit done to ya.

Edit: here is the video, it's brutal

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

...and may yet turn out to be much revered and fondly remembered wheels of their time... I certainly love mine all the time it isn't broken ! :)

The heart wants what the hearts want.

The manufacturers are happy to oblige. 

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Besides the owners, the responsible dealers/distributors are paying the price too. This is a tough business to be in.

Innovation is expensive, but the returns can be very profitable if you play your cards right

• Like 1

I've heard that Begode is a small company with not that much capital.  My source on this offered a theory about Begode that made sense .

He speculated that in order to fund the development and production of one batch, Begode needs revenue from the previous batch.  This is why we saw the master being researched and developed over the first 3 batches.  This explains the v1,v2,v3 parts fiasco that Eevees described.   I think this also explains why first batches come out unfinished.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I've heard that Begode is a small company with not that much capital.  My source on this offered a theory about Begode that made sense .

He speculated that in order to fund the development and production of one batch, Begode needs revenue from the previous batch.  This is why we saw the master being researched and developed over the first 3 batches.  This explains the v1,v2,v3 parts fiasco that Eevees described.   I think this also explains why first batches come out unfinished.  

Maybe. They can't even get their certs right on their website so it defaults to HTTP. Getting proper certs for a website is basic web development.

http://www.begode.com/

Meanwhile here is InMotion

https://www.inmotionworld.com/

And King Song

https://www.mykingsong.com/

And I can't find Veteran

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

but the returns can be very profitable if you play your cards right

I surmise the ones who are, are few and far between.

Let's assume the Sherman and the Sherman Max are very profitable models to carry. But then the V12 came along, followed by the S22, Master, and the T4, eating up a lot of the profit. Unlike the auto industry, the manufacturers are not very forth coming with warranty support. The dealers/distributors got to make up the short fall. Then, there are clearance sales.

I suspect the Sherman-S and the V13 are models that can help some dealers earn some good profits, should issues continue to remain low.

I can see why EEVEES is taking a "wait and see" strategy with some of Begode's new models.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oktothorpe said:

which I believe contributes to the V13's shortcomings in battery life, power management, and speed.

Wait.

battery life= Right. If 50-70 miles of range is not enough for you, the wheel is not for you.

power management= what are you talking about?

speed= If 55 mph is not enough for you...

Did I miss something somewhere?

1 hour ago, oktothorpe said:

I think I read the top speed of the V13 is software limited

...to 55 mph.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Wait.

battery life= Right. If 50-70 miles of range is not enough for you, the wheel is not for you.

power management= what are you talking about?

speed= If 55 mph is not enough for you...

Did I miss something somewhere?

...to 55 mph.

battery life = range is way lower than the Commander Pro and Sherman S

power management = all the safety features in the V13 are managed by the Raptor Controller, which in turn eats a lot of power. This has been commented on by many reviewers

speed = other manufacturers don't put any limits, Dawn Champion even comments she doesn't like the V13 because there is too much tech and too many safety features

If you're someone casual, sure the V13 will be nice. If you want raw performance and better efficiency, go for something else

Edited by oktothorpe