Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

21 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Except for the fact they push the air towards the headlight and over the heat sink just like the v11

False. I reviewed the footage of a V11 tear down, you are incorrect the fan does not direct air to the heatsink of the headlamp. You can see the shape of the blades when the fan is removed at timestamp 8:21.

Edited by GHOSTTE
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

False. In addition to you screenshotting the exhaust of the fans please notice how the fans are tilted upward towards the Raptor Controller's heatsink. What part of the EUC the fans are attached to is an orthogonal concern, what they direct air at is what is important.

i just looked closer on the direction and you are correct but we can agree to disagree on their purpose. There aren't any cooling fins to speak of because the entire base and some of the sides are a heatsink.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

i just looked closer on the direction and you are correct but we can agree to disagree on their purpose. There aren't any cooling fins to speak of because the entire base and some of the sides are a heatsink.

There are actually a lot of fins on the heatsink of the Raptor Controller as shown here, even more prevalent than the heatsink of the headlamp. This will be my last post on the V13 however per @trailless request.

20230129_17h02m55s_grim.thumb.png.f2e5ce10013b129315cb5f440262c7ef.png

11 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

Was there much unexpected about the cons? I don't think I'd be put off, this wheel has the power, acceleration and speed that you would buy it for and a decent range - 70 miles at the speed Dawn was riding is very good IMO.  Of course you might choose something else for a daily commuter that needs to handle all weather, but if you are a speed demon that loves power and speed and you also want decent range - this wheel will give you what you are after.

Of course it would be nice if the build quality was better, but the wheel works fine and does what it was designed to do. If that lines up with your wants/needs then I don't see any deal-breaker type thing to stop you buying it.

Exactly. There were only 2 wheels that I was considering: the SS or the CP. A lot of my decision is personal in the sense that I already own a SherMax so the SS wouldn't be that much of a change beyond it's suspension and magnesium shell. However, the CP has a lot of things I've never had and have always wanted. I am more than willing to sacrifice not riding it in the rain so I can have everything else I've never had before. Also, I am in love with the ergonomics and trolley and just so many things about this wheel that are special. The seat is finally a seat that looks like you don't really have to upgrade it 3rd market. Finally, a shell that you won't have to replace (hopefully). The SherMax trolley handle hurt my soul every dang month I'm spending dang-near 80 bucks to replace it because it breaks all the time, so the trolley handle on the CP I really like that. The 134 volt, never had; I want. Great battery. Great suspension. Great handling/balance. Great ergonomics. Looking pretty durable, but not so sure about the electronic inside portion of it yet

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BKW said:

Great battery. Great suspension. Great handling/balance. Great ergonomics. Looking pretty durable, but not so sure about the electronic inside portion of it yet

Has the suspension already proven to be good? Where are the tests? 

Maybe good out of the box in the living room and for the first trips on clean dry roads, but what about off-road use once the dirt has settled everywhere and  thousands of miles in use?

I doubt strongly that the cheaper rollers survive that and the quality of the struts is also questionable. 

Many of them look good and then turn out to be a big disappointment relatively quickly. 

The fact that cheapest magnesium or aluminum is now used for some components instead of cheap, fragile plastic is also not a sign of durability. Where are crashed CP or CP with thousands of miles to confirm your assumption that they look pretty durable?

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads

Based on Dawn's First Impression Video, the experienced riders from the group she is with do appear to like the way the Commander Pro rides. However, their first impressions are based on them going up and down the parking lot for a couple of times.

It seems Marty is slamming the Commander Pro for poor build quality and QC.

Since the EX30 is almost here, we will know soon how all these recently released wheels will compare.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BKW said:

Exactly. There were only 2 wheels that I was considering: the SS or the CP. A lot of my decision is personal in the sense that I already own a SherMax so the SS wouldn't be that much of a change beyond it's suspension and magnesium shell. However, the CP has a lot of things I've never had and have always wanted. I am more than willing to sacrifice not riding it in the rain so I can have everything else I've never had before. Also, I am in love with the ergonomics and trolley and just so many things about this wheel that are special. The seat is finally a seat that looks like you don't really have to upgrade it 3rd market. Finally, a shell that you won't have to replace (hopefully). The SherMax trolley handle hurt my soul every dang month I'm spending dang-near 80 bucks to replace it because it breaks all the time, so the trolley handle on the CP I really like that. The 134 volt, never had; I want. Great battery. Great suspension. Great handling/balance. Great ergonomics. Looking pretty durable, but not so sure about the electronic inside portion of it yet

They raved about the CP's specs. Raved. Drooled. Suspension excellent, better than Sherman S. "Wants to go" said about 45,329 times.

They thrashed the build quality, though, at least a dozen times. Durable? They mentioned the motherboard wiring kept falling out. No waterproofing. Better plastic, but not great. Trolley handle crap. Ergonomics? They loved the 95lb weight. The internals of the original Commander were a rat's nest with no cooling or wire management or sealant.

Despite all that mess, they each rated it the best wheel ever to descend from Mt. Olympus. Because speed/acceleration.

They didn't talk about price really.

-------------------------------------------

Speaking of which: even though I just criticized the original Commander, it's taken all my willpower to not buy one because they are almost half-price!!   Build is bad, 100V, heat, rats, duct tape, lunchbox. BUT 3600Wh, 3000W motor, plus... I mean... half price!!! That's a dumb temptation, right?

A battery cable was improperly soldered (cold solder joint), and came out of the controller board with a small tug, probably while disconnecting the battery packs.

Cold solder joint implies poor electrical contact, which translates to lower current carrying capability.

For this to happen to a battery cable is a no go.

And this is a high speed wheel. 

Deal breaker right there.

On top that, there is an intermittent motor vibrations that can be felt on the pedals. This condition can be reset by power cycling.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

A battery cable was improperly soldered (cold solder joint), and came out of the controller board with a small tuck, probably while disconnecting the battery packs.

Cold solder joint implies poor electrical contact, which translates to lower current carrying capability.

For this to happen to a battery cable is a no go.

And this is a high speed wheel. 

Deal breaker right there.

Yeah, this part concerns me. Last thing anyone wants is their wheel to brick and cutout while riding because of a bad wire connection, which is completely freaking frustrating considering it's such a simple thing for begode to do properly! :angry:

• Upvote 1

oh, and how the hell are you going to forget to add low battery safety features as Dawn has found out on a range test!? THIS IS COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE FOR AN EUC! Like, W.T.F. BEGODE!?

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BKW said:

oh, and how the hell are you going to forget to add low battery safety features as Dawn has found out on a range test!? THIS IS COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE FOR AN EUC! Like, W.T.F. BEGODE!?

But, but, but, it did give a low battery warning starting at 105-volts.

In retrospect, Bradley at EEVEES made the right call for not carrying the Extreme Bull Commander Pro, at least not until QC and other issues have been fixed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But, but, but, it did give a low battery warning starting at 105-volts.

In retrospect, Bradley at EEVEES made the right call for not carrying the Extreme Bull Commander Pro, at least not until QC and other issues have been fixed.

Meh this is no different from driving a manual car. You don't need a computer to be a nanny, just be responsible with your EUC

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Meh this is no different from driving a manual car. You don't need a computer to be a nanny, just be responsible with your EUC

I don't know how others use their wheels, but for me, it is not a big deal. I rather have them put in a clock.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BKW said:

Last thing anyone wants is their wheel to brick and cutout while riding because of a bad wire connection

Yeah remember that one on the Master that just fell off its connector when brushed against in that Ecodrift teardown video.

Fortunately that seems to have been an isolated issue with the odd unit, so we can't necessarily take it as an indication they are routinely awful, and I suspect the same is the case here. But hey, good to know we have to check the soldering on these wheels as well as Begode's at least...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah remember that one on the Master that just fell off its connector when brushed against in that Ecodrift teardown video.

Fortunately that seems to have been an isolated issue with the odd unit, so we can't necessarily take it as an indication they are routinely awful, and I suspect the same is the case here. But hey, good to know we have to check the soldering on these wheels as well as Begode's at least...

looks like it's time for me to learn a new skill: soldering!

all jokes aside, it's still ridiculous considering everything, even if it's begode. I have a sneaking suspicion we won't see this company ever because a more respectable QC company; more of the same

Edited by BKW

remember - EVERY new chinese wheel is only PROTOTYPE. 

every. 
We saw this so many times in all euc brands. v11, v12, s18, s20/22/22pro, ex.n, master, m.pro - same story every time.

Wait 6-12 monts and this wheel will be refined and finished, that is time to buy it, not now. Who buys it now, when its completly new product without enough time for testing and fixing first bugs,  will be beta-tester for his own money. 
Begode will make some improvements in this model for 100%, especially in 1st year after launch.

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Greg X said:

remember - EVERY new chinese wheel is only PROTOTYPE. 

every. 
We saw this so many times in all euc brands. v11, v12, s18, s20/22/22pro, ex.n, master, m.pro - same story every time.

Wait 6-12 monts and this wheel will be refined and finished, that is time to buy it, not now. Who buys it now, when its completly new product without enough time for testing and fixing first bugs,  will be beta-tester for his own money. 
Begode will make some improvements in this model for 100%, especially in 1st year after launch.

Yeah, that's kind of a realistic way to look at it. I suppose you can call most batch 1s "prototypes" because that's basically what they represent in a lot of ways: "unfinished".

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2023 at 5:00 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Final post on the V13 in this thread, check out https://www.inmotionworld.com/v13-electric-unicycle

InMotion shows the two fans are designed specifically for the Raptor Controller

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Greg X said:

Fixing bugs and improving design mistakes is one thing, these disastrous one-offs and lack of basic manufacturing ability are a whole another. Bad solder joints aren’t a bug or a design flaw that they will fix in the following batches. They have practiced making those exact same soldering joints almost for a decade, on several dozen models and their batches. They didn’t fail because they a first batch units. They failed because the person doing the soldering doesn’t know how to solder properly.

This will not change until Begode gets a new CEO. If even then.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1