Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

1 minute ago, GHOSTTE said:

That tear down was much needed. Makes me seriously consider another wheel, but it looks like even the V13 is having issues with stock pedal breaking, motor bolts breaking, and suspension issues. I'm not sure where to go, Sherman S ships with rust and it's own issues.

yeah, i'm thinking it might be best to wait a few more months to see what improvements happen with the batches

I think it is safe to say none of the manufacturers do a stellar job of rolling out a problem free wheel from the jump. Clearly some are worse than others. There are also those that expect the problems, don’t have a problem with the problems and will buy the product anyway. I’m a “call a guy” kind of person so for me the fewer issues, the better. I do stuff on my own over time but as someone starting out in this world, I am having a difficult time accepting the issues that comes with certain wheels. A year from now, it’s probably a slightly different story.

I do have some issues with the complaints that roll in. It is odd to me when I see complaints about rims. Not necessarily that the complaints are invalid but to be honest, it’s like buying a street car and then complaining about its durability when you take it off road for a weekend of fun. Perhaps what is happening right now is more of a separation of those categories and the companies need to focus on one and the other and not try and make “a” wheel that fits both needs? A master should 100% be able to handle the bumps and occasional pothole on the road but I’ve seen cars dent their rims on a good old Midwest pothole. There is a point at which a machine can only take so much. I can see a point at which manufacturers ask what kind of rim one wants, along with the other parts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It's also no secret that i have slight bias towards inmotion wheels because i have only owned one and am buying the v13 but i also don't wish others to be junk. My hope is that all of them be the best quality because people are putting their lives at stake riding these. Every time a car passes me I'm thankful i didn't cut out and fall in front of it...:o

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I think it is safe to say none of the manufacturers do a stellar job of rolling out a problem free wheel from the jump. Clearly some are worse than others. There are also those that expect the problems, don’t have a problem with the problems and will buy the product anyway. I’m a “call a guy” kind of person so for me the fewer issues, the better. I do stuff on my own over time but as someone starting out in this world, I am having a difficult time accepting the issues that comes with certain wheels. A year from now, it’s probably a slightly different story.

I do have some issues with the complaints that roll in. It is odd to me when I see complaints about rims. Not necessarily that the complaints are invalid but to be honest, it’s like buying a street car and then complaining about its durability when you take it off road for a weekend of fun. Perhaps what is happening right now is more of a separation of those categories and the companies need to focus on one and the other and not try and make “a” wheel that fits both needs? A master should 100% be able to handle the bumps and occasional pothole on the road but I’ve seen cars dent their rims on a good old Midwest pothole. There is a point at which a machine can only take so much. I can see a point at which manufacturers ask what kind of rim one wants, along with the other parts.

yeah, i'm not arguing there isn't a market for performance because there definitely is. But im not so sure you buy a high performance car, for instance, knowing that wires are loose and at any moment it may cut out on you going 100 miles/hr. Ugh, sorry i keep bringing up the quality thing. i'll back off for a bit

2 minutes ago, BKW said:

yeah, i'm not arguing there isn't a market for performance because there definitely is. But im not so sure you buy a high performance car, for instance, knowing that wires are loose and at any moment it may cut out on you going 100 miles/hr. Ugh, sorry i keep bringing up the quality thing. i'll back off for a bit

Old Italian supercars were known for poor quality, didn't stop them!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

BOM parts list:

328146347_725162339244028_16118226958858

Controller Board from the Master, latest revision? It looks similar to the Commander Pro's. 

20230131_180411.jpg.5b2525f3f378e447724e

Where is the tear down image from for the CP? Can you link the original post?

This wheel is not junk, but the price they are asking makes it look junk compared to other offerings. Maybe when we are all complaining about how bad it is what we are really pissed off with isn't the wheel but the high asking price.

Objectively the criticisms Eevee's make are nothing new. In fact the waterproof issue is a non issue, very easy to remedy. Which more often than not you need to do.

What else was wrong with the wheel again? Long cables in the motherboard? seriously guys this is a non issue too nothing some zip ties couldn't fix.

If this was available as a kit so you could build it, suddenly the build quality is no longer an issue and its great, just some strange design choices that all manufacturers make to contend with.

I understand the reluctance of Eevee's not wanting to stock the wheel with so many variants, changes to batches and poor support of the Master line up.

But maybe Begode will simmer down now it has pretty much updated its whole line up.

Ultimately its worth $3000 and would sell like hotcakes, despite its shortcomings.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Ultimately its worth $3000 and would sell like hotcakes, despite its shortcomings.

This is the issue for me, if it were cheaper it would be more reasonable but with the competition it's questionable

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

This wheel is not junk, but the price they are asking makes it look junk compared to other offerings. Maybe when we are all complaining about how bad it is what we are really pissed off with isn't the wheel but the high asking price.

……..

🛎️🛎️🛎️ 

I agree with all that was said. This tear down feels more of a Holier than Thou trip than anything else.

For me the decision has been from what others who have ridden the wheel have said, not this tear down. All that video was, was a defense by evee’s as to why they aren’t carrying the wheel. Now they just need to be consistent moving forward. Time will tell. My guess is it will be a sliding scale. As was pointed out previously, a lot of that tear down pointed out the same issues that exists in other wheels. No IP rating, thin wires, sketchy design ideas. It is easy to say they won’t carry wheels based on their standards and even easier when “standards” aren’t defined.

And yes, I do think the price point carries more weight than we may want to admit to. It’s $4k in Performance but arguably $3k in build quality and that may be generous. That said, $4k performance is worth Jack if the wheel is inoperable due to its build quality.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Also I'm not a fan of eevee knocking on the CP for the charge ports; yes the demo models and the first batch will have the GX16-5s but the batches after will be GX20-4s, this has already been confirmed. Eevee failed to disclose this, making me wonder what other improvements in future production models they've failed to disclose. Keep in mind they are doing a tear down of a demo unit so it's expected to be rough

• Confused 1

Just now, GHOSTTE said:

Or worse severely injures and/or kills you

Meh….I’m a coach. It is literally all I do. I’ve seen (and heard) more ACL and MCL tears, bones through skin, and concussions than I can count….and it’s not even a “contact” sport! My point is, people get injured and worse doing what brings them joy all of the time. There is risk in everything and we accept it. That isn’t to say there isn’t some level of culpability for manufacturers but we also all know there is a reason these things aren’t built in other countries…

• Haha 1

CP was made too fast, but its good base for good wheel. Definitelly not trash, just prototype wheel made in a hurry (what is tradition of all chinese companies - batch1 is NOT final product).

Overall construction and idea looks quite OK, needs just some time for fixes and upgrades. Its impossible to make perfect wheel in 2 months.

Im sure that batch 2 or 3 will be much more refined, just like Master was. If they refine this prototype and price will be still 3k$ - is has potential to be one of the best wheels, offering best specs. in this price.  :cheers:

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, eevees said:

When we spoke with them originally about the charge ports, they told us they were not changing the mold. However we recently discovered that the new models will now have the proper ports. We didn't purposely not disclose this info. We only found out AFTER we posted the video and after they told us they wouldn't be doing new molds. That was the original main reason we chose not to carry them. 
Extreme Bull's team watched our video and are making improvements accordingly.

Thx for info. It would be nice to add it to the original teardown movie. 
But it just conforms what I say from start - its PROTOTYPE, not final product. And many solutions even looks like prototype, made in a hurry to launch euc as fast as possible.
Its obvious that factory try to fix issues with time, just needs more time for it. 

Many dealers never buy 1st batch of any wheel, better (even for clients) to wait for later, more refined batches.

Also - we would like to see more info about of this model in the future (batch 2, batch 3 etc., what EB fixed, and what still needs fix)

Edited by Greg X

13 minutes ago, eevees said:

When we spoke with them originally about the charge ports, they told us they were not changing the mold. However we recently discovered that the new models will now have the proper ports. We didn't purposely not disclose this info. We only found out AFTER we posted the video and after they told us they wouldn't be doing new molds. That was the original main reason we chose not to carry them. 

I also want to mention that Extreme Bull's team watched our video and are making improvements accordingly. They aren't offended like the small minority of people accusing us of being biased. Another note: Extreme Bull and Begode are different companies. They share parts but they are run by different CEOs and people. 

It's been common knowledge for a few weeks the ports are being changed to the GX20-4 after the first batch, it's even been discussed extensively in this thread.

I'm sure everyone would be interested to know what improvements Extreme Bull has planned and/or confirmed in subsequent batches if you could please share @eevees

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

It's been common knowledge for a few weeks the ports are being changed to the GX20-4 after the first batch, it's even been discussed extensively in this thread.

I saw that too. But EEVEES is a dealer / distributor who should not be relying on online social media for last minute product change information. This should be coming from directly from the manufacturer. Anything less would be unprofessional and may not be reliable. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1