Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

6 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Should buyers be concerned that a charger port that was designed for 100v is now being used at 134v?  I know a change is in the works but for those being given a dongle to charge is this a problem?  Some of these new chargers will be able to pump 15a.  Sounds sketchy to me but I don't know the science behind charger ports.

There is no actual difference between a GX16 and GX20 from my understanding, it's just an unofficial "standard" to distinguish the voltage. You can have a GX16 do 140v theoretically, a quick search shows it can go up to 250v.

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I don't know if it was this thread or another, but someone mentioned how eevee's won't be stocking anymore of the Commander series due to "quality", and someone responded that it isn't really a quality concern for eevee's as much as it is the lack of sales for the original commander (see picture). If you go to eevee's website you will see the original commander as one of their worst-selling wheels, even though on paper the stats are around the same as the SherMax, which is one of their highest sellers; even when the original Commander is now selling at 1300 dollars less than the SherMax!

I think now if you want to buy an advanced wheel at a great price, perhaps you should consider the original commander from eevees?

Regardless, I think this time around the Commander Pro will be a hot seller unlike the original Commander.

Also, I respect eevee's for being so transparent. They said they won't be selling due to "quality", but clearly state they also won't be selling it because it simply making them lose money.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5795615807203001/

ddddddfffffff.PNG

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BKW said:

I don't know if it was this thread or another, but someone mentioned how eevee's won't be stocking anymore of the Commander series due to "quality", and someone responded that it isn't really a quality concern for eevee's as much as it is the lack of sales for the original commander (see picture). If you go to eevee's website you will see the original commander as one of their worst-selling wheels, even though on paper the stats are around the same as the SherMax, which is one of their highest sellers; even when the original Commander is now selling at 1300 dollars less than the SherMax!

I think now if you want to buy an advanced wheel at a great price, perhaps you should consider the original commander from eevees?

Regardless, I think this time around the Commander Pro will be a hot seller unlike the original Commander.

Also, I respect eevee's for being so transparent. They said they won't be selling due to "quality", but clearly state they also won't be selling it because it simply making them lose money.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5795615807203001/

ddddddfffffff.PNG

the problem with the original commander wasnt any quality issue necessarily. It didnt have cutout issues or any major flaws. It just came out at the wrong time at the wrong price. It costed almost $1000 more than the sherman and it had almost no hype while the sherman already stole the show. Given the prices and landscape now, if I didnt have a next gen wheel coming then I would absolutely get the commander. It is powerful, has the range, and didnt pedal dip as hard as the sherman/shermax. Truely an underrated wheel imo

Just a shame that eevees refuses to stock any future extremebull products. I get they are trying to slim down their offerings to provide better service. Also they dont want to take the risk again, but their decision is pretty biased. Business is business, but less options for the community is overall a con

• Like 1

the original commander it's absolutely a great wheel, the big issues was the price and the overheat issue (easy fix) and of course that it cames after the great sherman.

it's still one of the best, super solid and quality build on the market, still the lightest 3600wh wheel fast as hell and with infinite range (2nd only to 480wh master pro)

and i fell Commander Pro will be even more at this point 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EMA said:

the original commander it's absolutely a great wheel, the big issues was the price and the overheat issue (easy fix) and of course that it cames after the great sherman.

it's still one of the best, super solid and quality build on the market, still the lightest 3600wh wheel fast as hell and with infinite range (2nd only to 480wh master pro)

and i fell Commander Pro will be even more at this point 

I guess San Diego is a weird market because it seemed like half the riders were on commanders.  I rode one and really liked it  - more nimble than the Sherman. 

50 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I guess San Diego is a weird market because it seemed like half the riders were on commanders.  I rode one and really liked it  - more nimble than the Sherman. 

every hardcore rider picked the commander against the sherman ;)

4 minutes ago, EMA said:

every hardcore rider picked the commander against the sherman ;)

Yeah it was the really good riders who got them.  The Commander HS was extremely popular here. 

I javelin a Sherman S and I'm tempted to get a Commander pro too....... am I crazy. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I javelin a Sherman S and I'm tempted to get a Commander pro too....... am I crazy.

Yes you are. But so is everyone else. Welcome to the asylum (oops, I mean electric wheel world). 😄

Marty is saying crazy good things about it on Facebook. It is music to the ears, especially to those who enjoys the Master performance and ride, but not the fiddling and poor weatherproofing. The build quality is looking nice for the most part. He said the Commander Pro has no fans but runs exceptionally cool. And this is coming from a guy who has done long mountainous rides on all the new big wheels in sunny Southern California. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oktothorpe said:

Note that the one you linked to is rated for 5A per connector. I think I’ve seen some rated at 10A though (they kind of have to be for the current EUC charge currents). It’s usually the amperage that is closer to the limit than the voltage. That’s why we have two connectors.

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Note that the one you linked to is rated for 5A per connector. I think I’ve seen some rated at 10A though (they kind of have to be for the current EUC charge currents). It’s usually the amperage that is closer to the limit than the voltage. That’s why we have two connectors.

Yup It was a quick search. There are also GX20's (the unofficial 134v port) that are only rated at 5A. It seems it's entirely down to the manufacturer's specifications in the design of the port.

Edit: Here are GX16-5's that are rated at 15A and 250v
https://www.amazon.com/Clyxgs-Aviation-Female-Connector-GX16-5/dp/B07L1PJFC9

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Upvote 1

I asked Jason @ eWheels the rated voltage and amperage of the batch 1 GX16-5 and subsequent GX20-4 ports for information on fast charging, he's reaching out to Begode and also asking if they wired up the GX16-5s with double wires. If they didn't, it'll suck for those in the first batch that want to fast charge their EBCP.

Will keep this thread updated with what I hear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/20/2023 at 3:40 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

The price for the same wheels to UK (the smallest price on Aliexpress for UK buyers ):

- CPro     (+£0 Shipping).             £2540    ~  $3142 compared to 3000 for US(+$142)

- S.          £3315+£43 Shipping= £3358    ~  $4153                             3900          (+$253)

- EX30     £2890+£43 Shipping= £2933     ~  $3629                       3600           (+$29)

I think the price for UK is generally higher because of the shipping trough Indian Ocean-Suez Channel-Mediterranean-Amsterdam-London.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oktothorpe said:

Jason @ eWheels

can't wait for you guys to give your feedback on the CP when it comes out! I'll likely get mine around"batch 2" or so mainly because finances backed up and also to see how batch 1 performs

I am so close to finally putting a deposit down. It has been months of hand wringing but I just am not hearing the bad about this wheel. Still waiting for some mileage tests and how it holds up over ‘x’ amount of time/distance. I was really close to getting the Sherman S, but a couple of turn-offs on that. One of them being the app is android only.

17 minutes ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I am so close to finally putting a deposit down. It has been months of hand wringing but I just am not hearing the bad about this wheel. Still waiting for some mileage tests and how it holds up over ‘x’ amount of time/distance. I was really close to getting the Sherman S, but a couple of turn-offs on that. One of them being the app is android only.

I would avoid the Sherman S seeing some of the discussions going on over in that thread, at least for now. You're not hearing anything bad about the EBCP because it's only been released to a select few for reviews lol, but those that have reviewed them say it's great. Keep in mind the first batch is going to use the GX16-5 plug and subsequent batches will use the GX20-4 port. It shouldn't affect things in the long run, it's just a different port; that said, I'm still waiting to hear back from Jason @ eWheels if both ports on the first batches will be wired up correctly for fast charging.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

Not to deter you from your choice, it's an interesting wheel, but riders are just now getting their hands on it and there's already batch 1 issues so I suggest you wait some more.

Also the manufacturer app should really not add any weight to your choice, use Darknessbot or EUC World (coming to iOS) instead.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Not to deter you from your choice, it's an interesting wheel, but riders are just now getting their hands on it and there's already batch 1 issues so I suggest you wait some more.

Links to this information?

Edited by BKW

35 minutes ago, BKW said:

Links to this information?

In this thread it's been discussed that it has the wrong charge ports and need to be redesigned.

• Like 1