Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

3 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

It would be strange for there to be two different sources for sound, as in a waste of money for Begode to not run alarm notifications through the integrated speakers.

How come not every wheel that beeps have bluetooth capable speakers then? My RS beeper and bluetooth speaker were separate. Bluetooth speakers on one side, beeper on the LED side. Wouldnt want your music drowning out the beeps on the same speaker

3 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

How come not every wheel that beeps have bluetooth capable speakers then? My RS beeper and bluetooth speaker were separate. Bluetooth speakers on one side, beeper on the LED side. Wouldnt want your music drowning out the beeps on the same speaker

Does your phone use a different speaker when an alert comes through while you're playing music? It's just strange that if there are already speakers for music there for there to be extraneous hardware installed that could be handled by said speakers. Add to that, a waste of money for the manufacturer to pass on.

7 hours ago, Greg X said:

max range test CP - heavy rider, fast speed (avg 28mph)

Bez tytułu.jpg

It is better range than sherman-s, in this test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkX3i0YcwZs rider with similiar weight made only 71miles with slower avg. speed 21mph, and slower Vmax 44mph.

It is sad that the stat sticking out to me is the fact that a “Heavy Rider” is 195 with gear. These days I can weigh myself by my belt holes and I’m several away from 195. 😂😭

5 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Usually an alarm would be prioritized over music. For example, my EUC world alarms connected to my BT speaker stop the music that's playing.

Just now, TheNotoriousEUC said:

It is sad that the stat sticking out to me is the fact that a “Heavy Rider” is 195 with gear. These days I can weigh myself by my belt holes and I’m several away from 195. 😂😭

Yeah, scary how when you search for old time circus photos of fat people and you realize that that's almost normal these days.

• Upvote 1

I'm playing with my new V12HT while waiting for my Sherman S, I've heard that the speakers on the V12HT are pretty good, but I don't like them after getting used to MUCH better JBL speakers.  I went riding today with my JBL Charge 5 instead of my Flip 6 that I've been using up until now - I really love the Charge 5, way better bass (I'm playing bass heavy music).  I really don't care about the built in speakers on EUCs, none of them are up to snuff IMO.

I'm interested in seeing some full reviews of the Commander Pro, it will be interesting to see how good this wheel is.  I'd also like to see more range tests, that test mentioned in this thread sounds pretty darned impressive with 75 miles at that average speed, that suggests some really good efficiency.  In theory the efficiency should be a bit better at higher voltage, but a higher riding speed should result in a noticeably lower range - I'd be interested in confirmation that this wheel can really be ridden at a decently high average speed and still get 75 miles.  Today I got ~40 miles on my V12HT before it got down to 25% and I had to keep the speed down lower than I prefer to manage that, I'm looking forward to the much longer range I'll get from the Sherman S when it arrives.  Actually I'd love to see the same rider on the same course comparing the range between the Sherman S and the Commander Pro, that would be interesting.

• Like 2

Old display. Some photos are showing a newer display though or is it just the same but no color?

image.thumb.png.ada0f66429c9006c35d71018fb6bb330.png

image.thumb.png.769b033e178b3172f713fed881bd33f2.png

Edited by Paradox
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, oktothorpe said:

It would be strange for there to be two different sources for sound, as in a waste of money for Begode to not run alarm notifications through the integrated speakers.

Consider it strange then as Begode does in fact have a separate "buzzer" for alarms. This is why wheels they sell with no speakers still have alarm sounds.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Paradox that's the first time I've seen the display red like that. All the other ones, including in the short videos, are the clear color. Personally, it doesn't matter much to me what color it is I suppose just as long as I can see it

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Old display. Some photos are showing a newer display though or is it just the same but no color?

image.thumb.png.ada0f66429c9006c35d71018fb6bb330.png

image.thumb.png.769b033e178b3172f713fed881bd33f2.png

Finally an unboxing, thank you! And I don't care if it's a red display, would give it Vader Sith vibes if it is

Edit: trolley handle looks amazing! Not finicky like other Begodes

Edit 2: okay glad I pre-ordered, this EUC looks great

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, oktothorpe said:

Finally an unboxing, thank you! And I don't care if it's a red display, would give it Vader Sith vibes if it is

I'm hoping it can do addition and subtraction as well. If not, I'm going with the SS ;p

19 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It makes much more sense once you know how they work.

The speakers for music are operated by a completely separate circuit, which doesn’t interact with the firmware at all. The speakers are manufactured with the intent to provide as flat a frequency response from roughly 100Hz to 10000Hz as reasonably possible. The problem is that because of this they aren’t generally very good in producing high volume tones.

Piezo beepers can only give out a single frequency around the area of 3000-4000Hz, where the human ear is most sensitive. And they can do it loud. They are also much smaller, so it can be positioned better to provide the sound where it’s needed.

Beepers are driven by a completely different and much simpler circuit than audio speakers. To use the speakers for both music and alarms would require additional memory and a circuit: a memory for the sound wave, and a circuit that would mix between the prioritized alarms and the music. It would also risk muting the alarms if the audio circuit bugs up.

Having them separate is much simpler, and cheaper to design.

The V11 and some other Inmotions play warnings through a music speaker (BT audio onboard or not), which can make the alarms more difficult to hear.

I think BG has made the right call. (Wow, I never thought I’d ever say that!)

FWIW: The V12 plays BT music and its "soundwave" motor sound through the same 4 speaker setup, with the soundwave effect taking priority. Music volume is lowered when sound effect plays, unless you turn it off.

5 hours ago, UPONIT said:

FWIW: The V12 plays BT music and its "soundwave" motor sound through the same 4 speaker setup, with the soundwave effect taking priority. Music volume is lowered when sound effect plays, unless you turn it off.

Yes, Inmotion is the only one who have decided to go with such a complicated system.

Btw, how are the alert tones’ volume on the V12? Can you hear them as well at speed as a beeper on other wheels? On the V11 I find the alert tones to be a bit too quiet at speed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, oktothorpe said:

Can you copy-pasta it or screenshot? No FaceBook account here

You'll have to make one then ;). I didn't have one either until I found out about the EUC thread on facebook...

As far as the comments go, it's just people saying they are excited about the review basically. Marty hasn't commented yet. The best part is what I screenshot above

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Yes, Inmotion is the only one who have decided to go with such a complicated system.

Btw, how are the alert tones’ volume on the V12? Can you hear them as well at speed as a beeper on other wheels? On the V11 I find the alert tones to be a bit too quiet at speed.

The V12 alert tones are plenty loud enough for me, maybe because they are in a frequency range older ears can hear well? :D There are four speakers and their response range is actually pretty good for music, IMHO. I use the V12 as a speaker occasionally when I'm working in my garage without another one handy. (Sidebar: Since Bluetooth wasn't designed with the bandwidth or range for audio, it's commendable how well some audio brands have managed to make it work.)

Begode beeps seem right in the same band as wind whistling through a helmet...

I agree about the V11. Breaks up at full volume also.