Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

On 12/25/2022 at 1:40 PM, techyiam said:

Wow, good effort on the suspension design. Its implementation is original. The suspension structs could even be Begode inhouse design. There are actual machined parts. We need to see more though. The battery packs are definitely an improvement over current Begode suspension offerings. It appears that LeaperKim's Sherman-S has inspired Begode to improve their designs in significant ways. I like the new direction Commander Pro is taking over the Master design.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5742908822473700/?m_entstream_source=group&ref=group_browse&paipv=0&eav=AfbKlhmZKp2Z8bndS4I7KAztoiyp0Tzk-FsW4cj8BI5ofI3spSmt2rskFMCtCB6olj8

The solution they choose might be highly problematic. You will notice the small group of wheels ride on very tiny rails that only raise a little bit above the surface. It is very probable that subjected to high forces the wheels might jump off the tiny rails resulting in the jam of the suspension. 

A much safer solution would have been placing the wheels on the lateral of the machined aluminium part so that it comes in contact with the lateral walls of the battery well (where the suspension is “housed”).

Tiny rails:756F4512-3A3E-4B6A-8F9F-F9639DDCAE45.thumb.jpeg.1882310b0f2b030b7335354b70b5cde2.jpeg

Where they could be placed for safer functioning: 

8B3BA8F7-67E2-4DE6-B7F4-BE3033B2E1C8.thumb.jpeg.8dfff03f0f3f134b931111d99bf69172.jpeg

Edit: Less wheels there are the more simple and robust the system would be. Less parts, less costs, easier to build, to maintain and clean.

Edited by Paul g
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Paul g said:

The solution they choose might be highly problematic. You will notice the small group of wheels ride on very tiny rails that only raise a little bit above the surface. It is very probable that subjected to high forces the wheels might jump off the tiny rails resulting in the jam of the suspension. 

A much safer solution would have been placing the wheels on the lateral of the machined aluminium part so that it comes in contact with the lateral walls of the battery well (where the suspension is “housed”).

Tiny rails:756F4512-3A3E-4B6A-8F9F-F9639DDCAE45.thumb.jpeg.1882310b0f2b030b7335354b70b5cde2.jpeg

8B3BA8F7-67E2-4DE6-B7F4-BE3033B2E1C8.thumb.jpeg.8dfff03f0f3f134b931111d99bf69172.jpeg

There is also a fin in the middle which slots there inbetween keeping everything centered so possible that the whole thing works well altough it looks a bit over engineered.

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

There is also a fin in the middle which slots there inbetween keeping everything centered so possible that the whole thing works well altough it looks a bit over engineered.

They have all low profile, including the fin, so it wouldn’t help much in my opinion to quench my worries. Also cramming everything in a small space will make gunk stick in there and acting as a wedge.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:09 PM, Paul g said:

Edit: Less wheels there are the more simple and robust the system would be. Less parts, less costs, easier to build, to maintain and clean.

my guess is those fins and rollers are for more Longitudinal Rigidity to keep the wheel from feeling floppy over time (kind of like the v11 sliders or even scooter forks that bend under breaking). 

This wheel looks solid. The only thing I worry about is the suspension. Dang, I'm hyping myself up over here...

If you look at 0:50 seconds in it looks like there is a clip you need to adjust to lower the trolley handle. Looks like it acts like a locking mechanism for the trolley handle.

That taillight will break in the event of a crash.

• Like 1

I’m thinking that if the suspension system is superior to that of the Sh S then they’d be highlighting this rather than glossing over it. George’s recent S teardown shows one of the suspension struts in comparison to one from a V11; remarkable difference.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

I’m thinking that if the suspension system is superior to that of the Sh S then they’d be highlighting this rather than glossing over it. George’s recent S teardown shows one of the suspension struts in comparison to one from a V11; remarkable difference.

Yes, just by looking at the difference between the SS and the CP suspensions, it should be clear that the SS is superior. I simply assume that the SS will have a superior suspension anyway. As long as the CP suspension isn't horrible, I will likely favor this wheel the most unless something catastrophic reveals itself upon testing

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Commander pro demo unit out in the wild. Begode forgot to change the 5 pin charger ports from when this was a 100v wheel to a 134v wheel. User is now stuck with a wheel that he can't charge lol. Not a difficult fix, but funny that this was overlooked

The guy is on a train. He probably just took the wheel out of the box and didn’t charge it before. From the way he is breathing he seems very disappointed. In the mean time Begode: 😗🎶

Edited by Paul g

The guy that rode this wheel left a comment under his video that responds to a question about how the CP compares to the Sherman-S. I was surprised to read that he thinks the suspension is similar to the Sherman-S. If that's the case, then this wheel is a no-brainer for me, but my inclination is to think the SS is probably better with suspension -- interesting to see that he said that though

image.thumb.png.037c4490ac7accab844a459f138075b8.png

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

Until the face offs under one reviewer of trust come, this ^.^

For me too, for the face stand, it looks like they swiped a couple bump things off the back of an office chair or similar; the screen has been historically found wanting, and as said, it looks more or less a prototype than a finished product (personal subjective opinion). If the panels are plastic, I can understand they may not want to shout about that. I understand they’re chuffed about their trolley handle and mechanism, and indeed on the surface at least, it looks useful.     As a suspension wheel, one may have expected them to be making a little more of their choice of system, rather than waiting for the reviewers to do the tear down and look from there (unless they’re not particularly proud of their effort in this regard), the pedals are simpler and superior in terms of ease of use to the Sherman S offerings, and are probably considerably cheaper to manufacture, which is where I think Leaperkim were possibly a little bit constrained by their choice of magnesium outer shell and subsequent ‘choice/option’ for hanging the pedals, and how they’d be able to affix them (over to Nylonove for a lightweight and bombproof solution).

Not too sure about the featured charger adapter (is this a 5wire to 4 wire conversion piece shown?), which doesn’t really give the impression that it is a purpose built charger, but there are several such chargers which probably get more or less tweaked to go out with the new models.

Edit, if the outer shell is indeed magnesium, then that would also be a positive.

Edited by Freeforester

24 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Its definitely an interesting wheel and I do hope that it breaks free of the stereotypical begode quality, although the sherman S is having issues of its own. I think at this point only time will tell which wheel is the better choice. Being 100v vs 134v doesn't make a lick of difference to me, instead its all about the build quality and features. I like how Begode did the suspension on the commander pro, giving it more bracing and lower rollers to keep it more stable. However using a ton of tiny rollers with shielded bearings is no bueno for me, I'd prefer to see a few larger sealed bearings. I also like how they secured the upper stanchions unlike the Sherman S that relies on the U-frame created by the 3 sections of wheel. However, with the sherman S I have a feeling the suspension itself will be better (although long term who knows). I also love the look of the sherman S whereas begode wheels usually look like unfinished prototypes to me, but this is subjective. 

In the end since its too early to have long term reviews of any new wheel (V13, Sherman S, EX30, Commander Pro), I'd say to just grab the one that you like the most and hope for the best. None of them are drastically better or worse than the others, they just prioritize different elements.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I don't expect these wheels to be perfect, but I'm hedging my decision here because I do want either the SS or the CP and I was happily surprised by what I'm seeing and hearing about the CP. I did not think Begode would come out with something of quality like what looks to be more the case here.

The CP clicks a lot of options I've never had, and want, from a wheel and it seems to all be coming together with the CP. I've never had a 134 volt wheel, never had a suspension wheel, never had a begode, I want a backup wheel with durability and range like my Shermax because I do deliveries on them and the 16X doesn't have the range, bigger motor than my Shermax, etc. OMG THE FRAGILE TROLLEY HANDLE ON MY SHERMAX DRIVES ME CRAZY, and seeing the CP with this trolley handle makes my heart sing. It has magnesium shelling. Ticking so many boxes for me personally.

Also, I realize I'm repeating myself here so I'll chill a little on that for now ;)

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

What do you guys think of the height of the trolley handle? It looks pretty short. Might be hard to trolley?

I wonder if there will be some kind of an aftermarket extension eventually?

trolleyhandle2.PNG

trolleyhandle.PNG

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BKW said:

What do you guys think of the height of the trolley handle? It looks pretty short. Might be hard to trolley?

I wonder if there will be some kind of an aftermarket extension eventually?

trolleyhandle2.PNG

trolleyhandle.PNG

Oh yeah that looks super short! Doubtful to an extension how would it fold down?