Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

3 hours ago, DavidB said:

Looks a bit like a rushed copy and not nearly as well engineered as the Sherman-S. Bolts sticking out of the pedal hangers and a large lump of metal below looking for a rock to hit.

Screenshot at 2022-11-28 00-07-29.png

I've seen a video from WrongWay on YT in which he shows how slippery the Sherman-S pedals are... Also the mechanism which holds them in different positions wears down super fast plus cause of that mechanism there will be less chance to get aftermarket ones.Ā 

Ā 

But yes, these look cheap (at least on the photo) and if the grey appearing inner part is made of plastic then it won't stay grippy for to long.Ā 

The bolts may be changed on the production model, hopefully.Ā 

It looks like it is adjustable in height, moveable pedal hanger.Ā 

12 hours ago, DavidB said:

I was disappointed with that part of the eevee's video. Ryan/Ginger on the s22 said he weighs 103kg/225lbs. The guy on the Master (Albert?) looked just as big, maybe more. Bradley from memory (in another vid) said he was under 80kg ( 78kg?) . The guy on the Master Pro (Doug?) looked even smaller. I'm guessing 70kg or less. So if the guys on the S22 and Master weigh almost 50% more than the guy on the Master Pro and 32% more than the guy on the Sherman-S there is no way you can compare fairly the cooling efficencies of these wheels. One is doing 50% more work than the other lifting 103kg up a hill instead of ~70kg. You would need to do the run again with the heavy guys on the Sherman-s and the Master Pro with the light guys on the S22 and Master before you could draw any conclusions.

Thank you for that šŸ˜ƒšŸ‘.Ā 

Would be more accurate data if one guy rides all the wheels for comparison.Ā 

1 hour ago, alexbrunoeuc said:

I've seen a video from WrongWay on YT in which he shows how slippery the Sherman-S pedals are... Also the mechanism which holds them in different positions wears down super fast plus cause of that mechanism there will be less chance to get aftermarket ones.Ā 

Ā 

But yes, these look cheap (at least on the photo) and if the grey appearing inner part is made of plastic then it won't stay grippy for to long.Ā 

The bolts may be changed on the production model, hopefully.Ā 

It looks like it is adjustable in height, moveable pedal hanger.Ā 

The Sherman S pedal mechanism is a joke, in this video (should be time stamped at 20:10) you can see the mechanism on one side is already no longer functional. Regarding the commander pro pedals, the inner part is actually clear acrylic/polycarbonate. Also, does anyone know if the Commander Pro/Sherman S have hot charge ports?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

The Sherman S pedal mechanism is a joke, in this video (should be time stamped at 20:10) you can see the mechanism on one side is already no longer functional. Regarding the commander pro pedals, the inner part is actually clear acrylic/polycarbonate. Also, does anyone know if the Commander Pro/Sherman S have hot charge ports?

It's Begode and LK I fully expect hot ports.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Unnecessary. I wouldn't say it is a joke. They obviously thought about what to do with pedals that can't be raised due to pads. It is just their solution was a bit of a waste of time an money. Ecodrift put up some photos of the mechanism and it is clear that it would be super cheap and easy to modify the teeth rachet although as Marty discovered a little bit of use will do it for you!

Ā 

Ā 

monokoleso-veteran-sherman-s-138.jpg

monokoleso-veteran-sherman-s-142.jpg

Ā 

Over engineered in my view adding unnecessary cost and complexity to an already expensive product. That time and money could have been used to make adjustable height and angle pedals.

Likewise for the pedals themselves. Their solution to being able to enlarge the pedals was over engineered and gimmicky and actually worse than the obvious option. Their solution. Sliding rods held in place by screws on a machined flat on the rod which allow only 1cm extra extension! And protruding round head screws that lift your shoes off the spikes. A far cheaper, less complicated solution would be to make normal length pedals and include with each wheel a bit of alloy or plastic that anybody with bigger than normal feet can screw into the front and back of the pedals to extend their length.

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While on the subject of pedals. Some thought also should be to safety. Half a decade ago wheels were 12-17kg. Now most are 36-44+kg and come with very solid metal pedals with blade like edges. I see one rider recently had his arm snapped by his Hero's pedal. It sounded like he wasn't even going that fast.

6 hours ago, DavidB said:

Half a decade ago wheels were 12-17kg. Now most are 36-44+kg and come with very solid metal pedals with blade like edges.

The modern honeycomb pedal style tends to be much thicker at the edge than the standard pedals used to be 7 years ago. They were sharp!

image.png.47c453b0080078648f8d8873747dceb5.png
image.thumb.jpeg.88cd00a13daf685a5c08e32145414d8b.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Sabestian said:

Why so quiet? I am really looking forward to this wheel, was going for EX30 but EB may get my money. I hope that it's under development? Perhaps they struggle with 134V?

Don't think that they gonna have a problem cause it's basically a begode master with added Bluetooth speakers and a different shell.Ā 

On 12/10/2022 at 9:02 AM, Sabestian said:

Why so quiet?

Commanders are surfing the success of Sherman. It will be even harder for Begode to make a decent knock-off of Sherman-S, which is reportedly a very mature product.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, good effort on the suspension design. Its implementation is original. The suspension structs could even be Begode inhouse design. There are actual machined parts. We need to see more though. The battery packs are definitely an improvement over current Begode suspension offerings. It appears that LeaperKim's Sherman-S has inspired Begode to improve their designs in significant ways. I like the new direction Commander Pro is taking over the Master design.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5742908822473700/?m_entstream_source=group&ref=group_browse&paipv=0&eav=AfbKlhmZKp2Z8bndS4I7KAztoiyp0Tzk-FsW4cj8BI5ofI3spSmt2rskFMCtCB6olj8

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Weird design to me, why both piston and pom wheels? The cnc part seems to be attached with 4 screws hope it's more than just friction or it's potentially dangerous. Hopefully you can adjust the rebound without dissassemly.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks robust (to my amateur eyes), clean, simple. Liking it!!

Do we know what motor they use on this one? EX30 vs. this will be interesting! Which suspension design will people prefer?

Guessing it's c38 since they made it 134v now while ex30 is c40 šŸ˜Æ

18 hours ago, Rawnei said:

why both piston and pom wheels?

My guess, thereā€™s enough flex in the battery compartments that they needed something to keep it from dragging against the axle area / strut lower bout.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 11:16 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks robust (to my amateur eyes), clean, simple. Liking it!!

Do we know what motor they use on this one? EX30 vs. this will be interesting! Which suspension design will people prefer?

From what they posted on FB, it's a C38 motor vs C40 on the EX30Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Jesus Christ $4k USD? I thought it was supposed to be "cheap". I could have sworn I heard price estimates around the $3k mark.

Yea that's gonna be the going price in the US it seems. Much cheaper on AliExpress at the momentĀ 

Screenshot_2023-01-02-14-18-35-830_com.android.chrome.jpg