Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

4 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Jesus Christ $4k USD? I thought it was supposed to be "cheap". I could have sworn I heard price estimates around the $3k mark.

Not sure why you're surprised. On paper it has better specs than the sherman-s. To think Begode would lower their prices drastically with a wheel that competes with the SS is not something they are known for

I'm excited for this wheel. If the suspension isn't complete garbage and the build quality isn't complete garbage I may consider getting this over the SS, but it'll have to prove itself

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Greg X said:

small look to the inside of CP

this model really seems interresting, Sherman-s in price of Master.

The body looks wide. I wonder what affect this will have when riding

I am actually more excited about this wheel than I am the Sherman-S. If this wheel doesn't have a crap suspension or something else that is majorly flawed with it, I might actually get this over the SS. Only, I won't buy this until batch 2 or 3, especially since it's a 4K gotway wheel:

• Thanks 1

commander motor 3 or 3,5kW ??? Specication says 3....

Commander also has small kickstand, on the front of main light.

What do You think about commanderPro 6p battery, is it enough power for 134v motor ?  What configuration of battery has Master or s22?

Edited by Greg X

1 hour ago, Greg X said:

What do You think about commanderPro 6p battery, is it enough power for 134v motor ?  What configuration of battery has Master or s22?

I don't want to make this a conclusive answer, as I'm pretty ignorant of battery configurations, but I found this that may help answer your question:

If anyone else would like to chime in please do so.

1 hour ago, Greg X said:

4p seems to be the threshold where it is more or less impossible to overpower the wheel (except at speed, where that is always possible, just go faster until it is) for any sane rider. Master and S22 are 4p, as are so many other performance wheels. So whether the Commander is 6p and the Sherman-S 8p doesn't really matter in my book. It's enough either way.

134V gives more peak power from the same battery configuration than lower voltages, so if anything higher voltages would be an argument that you need less p's to feel good about them being enough. Not that it matters when you already have a 6p battery.

1 hour ago, UPONIT said:

And don't forget, the original  Commander was $4,000!

That's true. I believe the Commander had the highest MSRP when it first came out.

It is hard to tell whether it is good value or not until we see more.

• Like 1

battery in sherman-s is 24s (24x4.2v=100.8v), not 30s - like shows image above from eWheels. 
Also commander HAS kickstand (small and built in front bumper).

So here is updated comparision: sherman-s vs comanderPro

322230997_1220551648844296_6251510231071857118_n.jpg

What do You think about battery configuration 32s6p vs 24s8p ?

32s/134v and higher voltage (higher efficiency of the electrical system) probably gives commaderPro better range than 24s/100v in sherman... ? 

Edited by Greg X
  • Thanks 1

disagree, old commander had better range (160-180km) than shermanMax (150km) - on same battery capacity. So it was up to +18% range better for Commander. Battery configuration maybe isnt crucial, but it matters. I'd expect some difference in range, even if it will be only +15% - it is still better than nothing.

Im not expert in electricity, but Daniel from EUCservice claims, that higher efficiency of the electrical system (higher voltage) should give as a result:

1) better range

2) less energy loss in the form of heat

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 1

I very much like the design of this wheel's suspension. It has yet to be seen how it performs compared to the Sherman S, but the CNC block that has rollers is a nice addition. One thing that always bugs me though. Why do manufacturers use shielded ball bearings instead of sealed? In a place that constantly gets subjected to dust and water I'd expect them to be using sealed ball bearings.

• Like 2

I think things are kind of looking up for the Commander Pro. I was expecting a cheap Chinese knockoff of the Sherman-S. But, I think Begode is taking this project quite seriously. That stanchion clamp with build-in rollers at the axle is an original idea, and a machined part.

The quality is looking pretty good too at first glance.

Good suspension plus good performance plus solid build all add to a fun wheel to own.

I hope Begode can pull it off.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Greg X said:

battery in sherman-s is 24s; not 30s - like shows image above from eWheels. 
So here is updated comparision sherman-s vs comanderPro

322230997_1220551648844296_6251510231071857118_n.jpg

Agreed; @Jason McNeil please take note of the incorrect battery type shown.

FWIW I'm with "Team Leaperkim" in this wheel category, foremost out of fear of maintaining Gotway's custom shocks.
And Sherman-S has a much stronger rim, and is easier to service (tire change without disconnecting motor wires). 

Pedals on both are garbage though... no such thing as a perfect wheel.

Edited by RagingGrandpa

5 hours ago, Greg X said:

disagree, commander had better range (160-180km) than shermanMax (150km) - on same battery capacity.

Im not expert in electricity, but Daniel from EUCservice claims, that higher efficiency of the electrical system (higher voltage) should give as a result - better range.

Electric motors of comparable size and dimensions but with a higher number of turns for higher voltage usually have better efficiency, but not by a huge amount. I'd expect something around 2%-4%.

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I very much like the design of this wheel's suspension. It has yet to be seen how it performs compared to the Sherman S, but the CNC block that has rollers is a nice addition. One thing that always bugs me though. Why do manufacturers use shielded ball bearings instead of sealed? In a place that constantly gets subjected to dust and water I'd expect them to be using sealed ball bearings.

Are shielded bearings usually rated for higher RPM than sealed bearings? Some of my tools use shielded instead of sealed and I had the same question. And that's what a tech told me once...

There are a lot of cool things about this wheel that I like better than the SS (so far). These are just my personal likes:

1. Trolley handle looks solid. If you flip the wheel it's not going to pop out and break. It also just looks solid in general and not cheap. There also is no weird button-push mechanism to open it.

2. The flat top of the wheel. Looks great for seated riding. I think there are pads along the edges that act as a seat? Not sure.

3. 134 volt with stronger motor but same battery capacity (no brainer)

4. MAGNESIUM SIDES!!!! Which means it'll be tough like the SS

5. Pedals may not be the best but far better than the SS stock pedals thus far. I've never tried acrylic pedals, but I looked over them for the CP last night and I don't see any problems with them. They look like good pedals to me

6. They seemed to fix the sharp edge handles so it's not painful when lifting the wheel

7. Speakers (but I personally don't care for those)

8. Suspension probably isn't going to feel as smooth as the SS... i'm not really sure what to think of it yet

9. The ergonomics of the wheel look well-designed for crashes. The only thing I see that will break easily is the taillight as it doesn't look like it has much protection. However, I think you could add kick stands to the back like they have to the front to protect the taillight

10. Safety? I really don't know enough about that atm to give any conclusive comments

11. The suspension knobs at the top are not protruding out the wheel and are tucked away nicely as to not interfere with your body in anyway

12. Slightly cheaper than the SS, BUT it's begode, so we shall see...

13. I personally think it just looks cooler than the SS

Probably other things but kind of in a rush typing this...

I'm more excited about this wheel than the SS and will likely buy this wheel unless something catastrophic shows itself with it

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

I am patiently waiting to hear what people like Hsiang and Adam / Wrongway have to say about it beyond, “It’s Gotway/Begode…” I have been looking forward to the ‘in the wild’ comparisons of the Commander Pro and Sherman S. Ride, build quality, etc… get this thing in hands already.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I am patiently waiting to hear what people like Hsiang and Adam / Wrongway have to say about it beyond, “It’s Gotway/Begode…” I have been looking forward to the ‘in the wild’ comparisons of the Commander Pro and Sherman S. Ride, build quality, etc… get this thing in hands already.

Same. A few distributors are saying this wheel is to be released in February, so I expect some testing wheels to be sent out and tested soon

• Like 1