Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

What I don’t quite understand is the sliding scale of “quality” people are using. A Sherman S has literally had a piece JB welded within a month(?) of use but that’s not a big problem. Meanwhile, there are suggestions a wheel is “typical Begode,” and it’s a problem. Kingsong in the last year has had issue after issue and to top it all off they tell everyone outside of China to GFY when it came to a recall and they seemingly keep getting a pass. I’m a newcomer. All I have done is follow the community. I understand Begode/Gotway is untrustworthy. What I don’t quite understand is why all of them aren’t trustworthy. It seems to me that buying a wheel is like signing a UFC contract. People assume the risk when that money leaves the pocket and hope for the best. Pick your poison. Consumers may not like it but like it or not, consumers fuel the train. Stop buying, and quality may improve.

Personally, I would like to see Japan or South Korea start building wheels. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

What I don’t quite understand is why all of them aren’t trustworthy

My understanding is some are better than others. For example, InMotion tends to admit fault and try to make things right historically whereas for example Veteran has historically ignored the community.

InMotion also is active in this community https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/71-inmotion-official-announcements-and-information/

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

What I don’t quite understand is the sliding scale of “quality” people are using. A Sherman S has literally had a piece JB welded within a month(?) of use but that’s not a big problem. Meanwhile, there are suggestions a wheel is “typical Begode,” and it’s a problem. Kingsong in the last year has had issue after issue and to top it all off they tell everyone outside of China to GFY when it came to a recall and they seemingly keep getting a pass. I’m a newcomer. All I have done is follow the community. I understand Begode/Gotway is untrustworthy. What I don’t quite understand is why all of them aren’t trustworthy. It seems to me that buying a wheel is like signing a UFC contract. People assume the risk when that money leaves the pocket and hope for the best. Pick your poison. Consumers may not like it but like it or not, consumers fuel the train. Stop buying, and quality may improve.

There are threads on this forum explaining why Gotway/begode has its reputation, and the reputation sticks harder and harder as they basically refuse/ignore their quality control issues. You mention the S20 issue, but Kingsong has more of a reputation for being more safety cautious with their designs in the pst, much like how inmotion tries to be. When you compare Begode to the other EUC companies, Begode is on a far lower level when you talk about quality control. It seems begode's main focus is pumping out as much wheels as possible and having the best performance wheels over everything else.

If you don't understand why begode/gotway has its reputation then you need to do more research because I don't want to explain to you all the reasons why personally. I do agree with you that EUCs in general are kind of a risky thing because you always take that risk with where they are now, but Begode is on another level, and in my opinion that's because they haven't really tried to improve their quality issues even though they have the most quality issues of all the other wheels.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, BKW said:

There are threads on this forum explaining why Gotway/begode has its reputation, and the reputation sticks harder and harder as they basically refuse/ignore their quality control issues. You mention the S20 issue, but Kingsong has more of a reputation for being more safety cautious with their designs in the pst, much like how inmotion tries to be. When you compare Begode to the other EUC companies, Begode is on a far lower level when you talk about quality control. It seems begode's main focus is pumping out as much wheels as possible and having the best performance wheels over everything else.

If you don't understand why begode/gotway has its reputation then you need to do more research because I don't want to explain to you all the reasons why personally.

That’s just it. I get it. I also think the issues they have had in the last year are no more or less egregious than anyone else. I am not asking anyone to explain anything to me about Begode. I am asking at what point do people recognize their current issues are on par with others, currently? If you judge them on past performance and not objectively on the current state then nothing they can do will be okay and folks should just say that. Kingsong can claim to be as safety cautious as they want but issuing a recall in one place and not the rest of the world says otherwise. That’s just my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

That’s just it. I get it. I also think the issues they have had in the last year are no more or less egregious than anyone else. I am not asking anyone to explain anything to me about Begode. I am asking at what point do people recognize their current issues are on par with others, currently? If you judge them on past performance and not objectively on the current state then nothing they can do will be okay and folks should just say that. Kingsong can claim to be as safety cautious as they want but issuing a recall in one place and not the rest of the world says otherwise. That’s just my opinion. 

Yeah, I won't pretend like I know the history and craftsmanship of all the wheels, because I certainly do not. I'm actually quite ignorant compared to many when it comes to these things, I'm sure. I can see your confusion on the term "quality" and I use the term loosely I suppose. I do agree with you that EUCs aren't really the safety standard when it comes to "quality", especially when you talk about other PEVs on the market. They all come with risks.

What stands out to me about Begode wheels is their forgetfulness or cheap materials or sloppy build and rushed products. It's like everything they do points in a direction that says, "Pump out as much wheels as possible with the best performance as possible", and as a result you get instances like shipping out wheels that appear incomplete with cheap parts or not very thought out designs. It just seems to me their focus isn't as strong on build quality as it is performance, but that's always been "typical begode" from what I understand? Unless someone would like to correct me?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

No, that's pretty much it, in a nutshell ! In D'nD they would be class 'Chaotic Good or 'Chaotic Neutral'. There is brilliance in there somewhere, but it is often obfuscated by recrudescent bouts of baffling design decisions and evidence of over-hurried production or not enough time in the R&D phase. Having said that, I too find it slightly disappointing that they are called out as the holotype example of how not to do stuff when, as mentioned, equally big players are having equally massive and sustained problems (cough KS) and no brand is immune from issues and they could ALL do with improving their customer-facing teams.

I would love for one day begode releases a wheel that shows that they put safety and "build quality" in high regard, much like how inmotion did with the v13. I feel like begode just needs that because their reputation, whether justified or not, is real. I don't feel any negative way toward their reputation because I feel it's justified until they release something that shows me otherwise. Kingsong has done this in the past, inmotion has done this, has gotway/begode (I don't have the answer to this so this is a genuine question)? Anyway, I've said a lot about this already and not much more to say on my end. I personally feel justified about begode's current reputation, but I appreciate others' insights! I'll be moving on from this subject for now :lol:

With all that said, I'm extremely excited about the commander pro and I really want this wheel to be a great wheel because I would love to own one, but I'm not holding my breath with the potential "hiccups" that may occur upon its release

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BKW said:

I would love for one day begode releases a wheel that shows that they put safety and "build quality" in high regard

Presumably seeing how everyone is jizzing with delight all over the V13, it emerged from the horses very mouth the other week that they were planning just such a similar enterprise. As I said at the time, 'We'll see how that goes'.... reputations take time to earn, and they start, as acknowledged, at the back of the field.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

a wheel is “typical Begode,” and it’s a problem

From the 'Fire History' thread, which is maintained vigilantly and updated by member Asphalt:

Firerecord.png

History of Gotway/Begode and Veteran/Leaperkim:

https://medium.com/@shanewhilde/what-we-know-about-the-veteran-sherman-electric-unicycle-591db2d4a70a

Jun 12, 2020

Guangzhou Veteran Intelligent Technology Ltd. is located in Guangzhou, China, situated along the Pearl River, 75 miles north of Hong Kong.

According to YouTuber Kuji Rolls, the company is made up of ex-Gotway engineers.

An article published on the website of Russian EUC distributor Ecodrift, claims there was a rift between the marketing team and engineers over the vision of the company. Whatever the particulars are of the split, this pandemic born company is making waves in the EUC community.

Private group orders for the new wheel have popped up in the U.S. and United Kingdom.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

Personally, I would like to see Japan or South Korea start building wheels. 

I was the one with the JB weld and it was cause I over torqued the part. I used the proper torque values on the replacement and have had no issues. 

47 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

Anyone know if Marty is on this forum?

He was and likely is very seldom here by now, if at all.

Maybe he can be tagged and give a brief comment on his thoughts.

One could have a better chance on his youtube channel, ?facebook? or whatever media he uses by now?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Greg X said:

max range test CP - heavy rider, fast speed (avg 28mph)

Bez tytułu.jpg

It is better range than sherman-s, in this test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkX3i0YcwZs rider with similiar weight made only 71miles with slower avg. speed 21mph, and slower Vmax 44mph.

Many other aspects of each test are missing, e.g. temperature and how flat/hilly each ride was. To compare between two models you need a bigger sample for each wheel. I'd expect Sherman to have a slightly longer range under the same circumstances thanks to its lower voltage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oktothorpe said:

Anyone know if Marty is on this forum? Maybe he can be tagged and give a brief comment on his thoughts.

He is, but he very rarely visits nowadays. Try via his Youtube channel, or (best approach I think) on Facebook, he seems to regularly post in this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/

There surely is a Marty-specific Telegram group or so, but you have to ask someone else about that, I know nothing here.

A video about the Commander Pro is coming up, though, so you just need to wait a bit for his opinion.

17 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Many other aspects of each test are missing, e.g. temperature and how flat/hilly each ride was. To compare between two models you need a bigger sample for each wheel. I'd expect Sherman to have a slightly longer range under the same circumstances thanks to its lower voltage.

Not sure if this is the same guy, but here is a range test of the CP. It's very boring though and it's in another language and you can't caption to english or anything. Not very informative imo:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

He is, but he very rarely visits nowadays. Try via his Youtube channel, or (best approach I think) on Facebook, he seems to regularly post in this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/

There surely is a Marty-specific Telegram group or so, but you have to ask someone else about that, I know nothing here.

A video about the Commander Pro is coming up, though, so you just need to wait a bit for his opinion.

Unfortunately do not use social media or have a Google account. I already put my order in, have high hopes with what I've seen so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BKW said:

Not sure if this is the same guy, but here is a range test of the CP. It's very boring though and it's in another language and you can't caption to english or anything. Not very informative imo:

Guessing he's using the integrated speakers, they sounds pretty good.

Guessing he's using the integrated speakers, they sounds pretty good.

What's the point of built in speakers? Just use a JBL clip speaker or headphones

15 minutes ago, BKW said:

Do the alarm beeps come from the music speakers or the physical alarm?

It would be strange for there to be two different sources for sound, as in a waste of money for Begode to not run alarm notifications through the integrated speakers.