Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

On 9/13/2022 at 3:46 PM, The Brahan Seer said:

Yes, suspension action looks nice. But the wheel itself is yet another super wide hog. Maybe others didn't go with that design exactly because of the extra width it requires.

Just wondering whether a top speed of roughly 75 km/h and a 3600 Wh battery is the sweet spot for performance wheels in group rides. The Sherman Max appears to be the best selling wheel at both EEVEES and e-rides currently.  The Sherman-S is essentially a Sherman Max with a suspension.

There is the Master Pro with 1.2 kWh more battery capacity, more motor power, and higher top speed, but with more weight.

Then there is the V13 with a higher top speed, best in class weather proofing, and more safety features and margins, but carries less battery and more weight.

The Sherman is dead, long live the Sherman?

It is hard to tell which way the market is going to go.

• Like 1

I'm wondering how much weight could be saved by removing the kickstand and swapping the pedals out? My Sherman Max is right at 90 pounds as I ride it. At  my current 180-190 riding weight , I feel this is about all I can trail ride. I single track it and go through the rock gardens as well as logging roads. The rock gardens and small rock crawling boulders are where you rethink the weight.  My only complaint is the lack of suspension. The Sherman s looks to solve that and with a small weight penalty 

On 9/13/2022 at 1:13 AM, Slartibartfast said:

Sherman-S: 3600wh, 100V, 20", suspension

@RagingGrandpaHe's right, you know. Please fix this abomination of a title. Unless you secretly know of a Sherman-S with a different battery size and possibly different voltage/no suspension, then the title would make sense.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

8 minutes ago, Jon Wall said:

I'm wondering how much weight could be saved by removing the kickstand and swapping the pedals out?

~1kg (or a bit more) per metal pedal (swap for what?) and probably not much for the kickstand, but you can always take your angle grinder and shave off any extra bit of weight.

Screw off the seat/handlebar for maybe an additional 0.5kg weight savings.

So I guess (just a guess) that 2kg is realistic if you find some really light nylon or so pedals. Not sure if that makes a difference.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@RagingGrandpaHe's right, you know. Please fix this abomination of a title. Unless you secretly know of a Sherman-S with a different battery size and possibly different voltage/no suspension, then the title would make sense.

Lol.

By the way @RagingGrandpa, I wish to commend you on maintaining the first page and for updating the title in the first place. It really is useful to have the latest on the front page and something I wish others would do more often as well: 👍

Also, @Jon Wall added some additional details that may be worthy of gracing the front page: 😉

5 hours ago, Jon Wall said:

From Leaperkim today 

Max freespin 103kmh

Max riding speed speed 75kmh

Suspension travel 90mm

Off-road tire and street tire optional

height of cells supporter is higher than BMS to protect it.  Cover EVA on the surface to protect Bms. Bms has short curcuit protection and 35 amp fuze for secondary protection 

Edited by Slartibartfast

Sherman-S with a different battery size and possibly different voltage/no suspension, then the title would make sense.

We could always start a rumour - and if it's strong enough, who knows, in a month or two Begode E-Bull may start selling it... :-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jon Wall said:

My only complaint is the lack of suspension.

I can't but wonder why you would choose such a heavy wheel for your type of offroad riding? You already have an S18, and a MSP. Is it because of range requirement (3600Wh battery)?

Interesting, now that I think from this perspective. I guess the Sherman-S could be the most suitable wheel for long range, offroad riding, unless E-Bull's Commander Pro surprises us.

What do you guys think of the looks? These weird protrusions on the top (grab handles?)... eh. I like the Commander Pro looks better, so nice and simple and understated (like the previous Shermans). But probably everything else will be better on the Sherman-S.

Sherman-S (pictures posted by @That Guy):

image.thumb.png.7d4ed72b4b852faf5a912e7d

41977DB9-A803-48FB-A989-4DDF595F709A.thu

Commander Pro (pictures posted by @meriwald):

mmexport1662572023897.thumb.jpg.4c797695

mmexport1662572020497.thumb.jpg.74caa066

Edited by meepmeepmayer
pictures added
  • Upvote 1

Techyiam  

I have grown to enjoy the Sherman as a reliable wheel with great range.  It's not the fastest wheel I have, definitely not the lightest.  It just works for me. Because of this is why I am interested in the next  Sherman s 

• Like 1

What do you guys think of the looks? These weird protrusions on the top (grab handles?)... eh. I like the Commander Pro looks better, so nice and simple and understated (like the previous Shermans). But probably everything else will be better on the Sherman-S.

Personally I really don't mind the look of either. Perhaps the Commander look slightly cooler but honestly, it's much of a muchness.

While I'm indifferent about the grab handles I have to say I really don't like the look of the trolley handle:
image.png.f92c353751bc4913e0d87751d27407a7.png

I have to say the center mounted trolley handle of the previous models does seem a lot nicer:
image.thumb.png.83f398394aa9fd319727a8dac48bb74e.png

However, given the Sherman-S has those telescopic forks in the center a telescopic handle would have to be placed off center and therefor (possibly) the hinged canter leaver design may be preferable.

At least with the hinge design the actual grip of the handle does end up in the middle of the wheel, unlike the MSX style handle, which anyone who has owned one can definitely tell you takes a little getting use to:
Gotway_MSuperX_MSX_EUC_Review_trolley_handle.jpg?8685

Edited by Slartibartfast

All good points on the trolly handle.  I rarely use mine on the Sherman Max,  but when I need it, I appreciate it's central action. I  do like the integration of the seat cushion built in and the display not blocked by the handle. . And with a wider pivot at the front, , does look strong and not fragile. The center trolly always feels like I'm going to brake it if I steer with it to much. Did anyone see the V13 seat and kickstand? Not impressed 

• Like 1

What do you guys think of the looks?

I expect Sherman-S will look better in person than Commander Pro. LeaperKim do manage to produce visually-pleasing stuff (even if they've got an "F" for fundamentals in the Abrams). Commander looked ok (never seen it in person, only on a video), but it had a couple of weird flaws of ergonomics such as sharp handles, weak lights, etc..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

the center mounted trolley handle of the previous models does seem a lot nicer

Although it's true, manufacturers abandoned that design in most new models because of the need to stuff the new models with more batteries, suspension, etc. I think Commander may have a simpler, more ergonomic solution but will feel more flimsy (the actual hinge is narrow) and more awkward seat attachment. Sherman's handle will look a little bit more unnatural, however will probably be better executed (with a wide hinge and locking mechanism.) and will have less problem with the seat mounting. Both will have the actual handle in the mid-point of the machine, which I personally appreciate - my OCD will not allow me to own the S22 and having to roll it backwards... :-)

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Commander looked ok (never seen it in person, only on a video), but it had a couple of weird flaws of ergonomics such as sharp handles, weak lights, etc..

The Commander Pro will more than likely carry those same FLAWS over, knowing ExtremeBull/BeGodeWay!

The sharp handles are definitely evident once again as shown in the renders and given the increase in weight from the addition of suspension, these New handles should slice into the hands quite nicely! :facepalm:

• Like 2

Yep the weird stuff on top of the Sherman-S definitely looks like someone thought about ergonomics and usability there. And I think the flip-up handle is a clever solution when the central space is needed by the suspension. Maybe the fact that you can angle it as you like when pushing/pulling will even be a positive when using it.

8 hours ago, That Guy said:

LeaperKim do manage to produce visually-pleasing stuff (even if they've got an "F" for fundamentals in the Abrams).

:roflmao:

I hope there will be an Abrams Pro next - with 3600Wh and suspension, and no dumb issues.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 8:32 PM, fbhb said:

The Commander Pro will more than likely carry those same FLAWS over, knowing ExtremeBull/BeGodeWay!

The sharp handles are definitely evident once again as shown in the renders and given the increase in weight from the addition of suspension, these New handles should slice into the hands quite nicely! :facepalm:

Punishment for buying the imposter knockoff machine! 😂

I

• Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb