Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

The suspension is very impressive, the only system that is cleaner and more functional than the Inmotion V11 design with the sliders and separate dampers or the Kingspn wheels with their complicated and damage prone high friction lever design. Plus the unsprung mass is much lower than with the inmotion system, as the battery packs are sprung weight here, unlike the packs in the V11.

56 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It is going to interesting to see which one has the higher build quality, V13 Challenger, or the Sherman-S. It looks like the Sherman-S is further along then what the initial rendering suggest. Nice.

I think InMotion will be better at case design and detail from what I’ve seen from them until now, but they usually overcomplicate it. It is a great achievement if a structural engineer makes something both well built (and sealed) and simple. I am curious as well to see what they will both come with this time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fryman said:

What is with the pedals?   They are smooth.  We just need weight and price!

~42Kg. Price 3700-3999$

You will see it yourself, that i was right. The same way i was right about V13.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

I think InMotion will be better at case design and detail from what I’ve seen from them until now, but they usually overcomplicate it. It is a great achievement if a structural engineer makes something both well built (and sealed) and simple. I am curious as well to see what they will both come with this time.

I haven't taken apart an Abrams yet, but the perceived quality when I was on it was among the best of the wheels I have been on. In watching disassembly video of the Abrams, it does look better than the Sherman. The Sherman has too much Gotway DNA.

In any case, it does look like both companies are raising the bars with their new wheels. I am holding high hopes for both. It would be amazing if they can get a better handle on the early batch issues. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Competitor suspension wheel manufacturers: watch and learn! Not much clunking, creaking, knocking (yet, early days I know!), I hope they furnish it with a decent rain/mudguard, or leave room for an aftermarket one for temperate climates. I may even start saving! Edit: scrub that about the mudguard, I see the first video p1. Starting from the beginning now, 😆 

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seems like plenty of panel space for ones’ favourite pads, and I like the idea of possibilities of affixing extra protection via the major four fixings either side, possibly in conjunction with Velcro (to take the hit, and hopefully save the wheel itself) should the worst happen, but of course would have to determine this doesn’t unduly compromise the build integrity. If the rear light is an improvement on the standard Sherman rear light, then we will indeed be seeing positive progress - let’s see whether it is modular like the predecessors. If it has the Max’s ‘zip’ then it looks like it has every chance of restoring Leaperkim’s earlier runaway success with the original Sherman, all other things being equal. Nor would I I mind too much if they melt down the Abrams for raw materials for the ‘S’, to be fair!

I hope for the sake of keeping production cost and therefore price reasonable that they use decent and replaceable plastic as before for the outer casings but perhaps magnesium for the chassis/subframe, this latter aspect (when executed in Chinesium) appears to be a weak area on the Begode Master (I think it was less so on the Hero and EX20S); I note also the strong similarity with this and the KS22 motor casing, it may make KS wince a bit if it is as much a success as the S22 has been ‘problematic’. I personally seem to be more interested in this project than the others thus far, Master - fair but fragile, big Q over QC, suspension not quite all there, but seems to ride well enough; V13 sounds heavy, not so keen on the handles, but will wait to see how they square up to one another. S22? Too many serious issues for an undoubted serious effort by Kingsong, sadly but surely missing the mark in my book.

Lets hope the suspens(ion) doesn’t go on forever and a day like it did with the bedevilled S22

C2636558-D08A-4FC1-989A-FAF8BD367D03.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

I hope for the sake of keeping production cost and therefore price reasonable that they use decent and replaceable plastic

Yeah... I hope there is no attempt of making those external panels of "magnesium", whatever it means. I hope they are not trying to make the external panels part of the exoskeleton. Cool it sounds, the replacement exercise (due to the exposure without the bars) would be very expensive.

You buy something new and you get 5 new wheels just a quick few months later... might as well wait if you got a good wheel now. Wait it out for a while because they'll be 50+ new wheels in 6 months you can choose from...

29 minutes ago, ETAonTheEUC said:

You buy something new and you get 5 new wheels just a quick few months later... might as well wait if you got a good wheel now. Wait it out for a while because they'll be 50+ new wheels in 6 months you can choose from...

And why is this bad?

Kingsong is struggling to get one new wheel out in well over a year. And this is good? I don't know about you, but I rather have a Hero, Master, or EX20S now than the S22.

Remember, it costs you nothing extra for the extra choices. Begode still price their wheels competitively. 

I was thinking about getting a V13, Sherman-S, or Master X, but now it looks like the Commander Pro could be on the table too. In the near future, after some of them are out in customers hands, I have the luxury of evaluating the reviews and ride the demos at EEVEES, and seeing whether I should pull the trigger then, or wait and see for the next one.

The other thing is that even though there have been other new wheels that have come out since I bought my V12, I don't regret one bit buying the V12. The V12 turned out to be a fantastic wheel that exceeded my expectations for the use case I bought it for. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, techyiam said:

And why is this bad?

Kingsong is struggling to get one new wheel out in well over a year. And this is good? I don't know about you, but I rather have a Hero, Master, or EX20S now than the S22.

Remember, it costs you nothing extra for the extra choices. Begode still price their wheels competitively. 

I was thinking about getting a V13, Sherman-S, or Master X, but now it looks like the Commander Pro could be on the table too. In the near future, after some of them are out in customers hands, I have the luxury of evaluating the reviews and ride the demos at EEVEES, and seeing whether I should pull the trigger then, or wait and see for the next one.

The other thing is that even though there have been other new wheels that have come out since I bought my V12, I don't regret one bit buying the V12. The V12 turned out to be a fantastic wheel that exceeded my expectations for the use case I bought it for. 

I'm pretty much just being sarcastic at this point. However, I'm somewhat serious when I say if you have a good wheel now you might as well wait for a while because these new wheels will get tested, possibly refined, and you'll also likely see other wheels coming out too... If you have an old wheel, or you're looking for a new attribute that you don't currently have, like suspension, then I guess it doesn't matter either way

Edited by ETAonTheEUC
  • Like 1

For my first serious unicycle I've got KS16X. It was the third or fourth version of the 2-year old design then. And I couldn't be happier with this reliable powerful machine! After seeing this stupid competition between the manufacturers for their own pride, I am no longer moved by new offerings... I am going to get Sherman Max, and will see what's surviving the test of time in two years for my next one! :-)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ETAonTheEUC said:

I'm pretty much just being sarcastic at this point. However, I'm somewhat serious when I say if you have a good wheel now you might as well wait for a while because these new wheels will get tested, possibly refined, and you'll also likely see other wheels coming out too... If you have an old wheel, or you're looking for a new attribute that you don't currently have, like suspension, then I guess it doesn't matter either way

I see. I agree. Once you have found a good wheel that you enjoy riding, it would be prudent to wait for a wheel that you are more or less sure it is the wheel you want. That is why EEVEES is great. A demo ride really helps, even after digesting all the reviews and testimonies.

Having said that though, there needs to be a reasonable limit. It can't go on forever. So a good balance is needed.

Edited by techyiam

Same.

I also got good/amazing 18xl wheel and don't plan getting new wheel, till they make something lighter and more powerful. I don't ride with cars and on pavement 40km/h speed is plenty.

I personally will buy new wheel, when solid state batteries become a thing in EUC's. Till then all the heavy turds of a wheels goes into my mind toilet. :pooping:

Edited by Funky

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

This may be possible since some owners have reported good lifespan for the 18XL.

And i don't ride "much" 1 year and i have put only 800km on it. :D I really don't need a new wheel. Especially if it doesn't offer anything that i want: Metal inner frame, real smart BMS, 20-25kg weight, ~60km/h max speed. 40-70km range. 16-18" wheel. IPX-5/6/7 waterproofing. Solid state batteries. <<<  More or less i would want all that in a wheel. Price doesn't matter, i would pay up to 3500$ for all that.

Maybe in 4-6 years something good will be made.. (I will start to look for a new wheel then.) One can dream. :wub:

• Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb