27 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Yeah it wasn't so much the 6kg bothering me as it was the $800.   I'm digging the mini price tag of the mini master.

I have no experience with the Master, but from what I've seen and heard it seems like you've gotta get a new shock and even some aftermarket linkages to make the suspension work offroad.  So that's an extra $400 to get a suspension that won't bottom out for a heavy guy like me??  So for my purposes the Master is an extra $1200........ this is why the T4 looks like a great deal to me.  After seeing Lukas take their T4 down steps effectively its looking like the suspension might actually work for me out of the box....... 🤞 

Do you really think that T4 suspension won't be the same??? Most wheels are made taking in mind 70-80kg guy. Any suspension can be bottomed out, if you jump high enough. :D 

I would pay Master price, if it was made lighter/better.. In video you can already see "wires" hanging out of body. :facepalm: Another trash wheel in my eyes. :D Can't wait disassembly videos, to see how shit is the insides. Knowing gotway, i bet there is zero rubber gaskets, or anything to prevent water getting in. No "real" smart BMS. Still waiting "somewhat" good wheel. Sadly none have been made last 2 years. Only garbage wheels in one way, or another.

Edited by Funky

59 minutes ago, Funky said:

Do you really think that T4 suspension won't be the same??? Most wheels are made taking in mind 70-80kg guy. Any suspension can be bottomed out, if you jump high enough. :D 

I would pay Master price, if it was made lighter/better.. In video you can already see "wires" hanging out of body. :facepalm: Another trash wheel in my eyes. :D Can't wait disassembly videos, to see how shit is the insides. Knowing gotway, i bet there is zero rubber gaskets, or anything to prevent water getting in. No "real" smart BMS. Still waiting "somewhat" good wheel. Sadly none have been made last 2 years. Only garbage wheels in one way, or another.

I am expecting the T4 suspension to be different from the Masters.

Sounds like Unicycles might not be your Jam?  I hear they make some really nice scooters???.....

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Sounds like Unicycles might not be your Jam?  I hear they make some really nice scooters???.....

:barf: Scooters are even worse, but at least they are way, way better in water department. :D Doh weight to power - nothing can beat Euc.

I'm just tired seeing shit products.. S20 comes out, looks awesome - suspension/sliders is a joke. EX20S seems somewhat good - has zero water protection, weight. Master are simply "fragile" and those rubber bumpers are shit. (Same thing for T4, if those battery casing are made from plastic.) V12 seems one of better built wheels, jet shit software/mosfets makes it complete dog shit. List continues.

Dear EUC gods, let there be a good wheel. Someday maybe.. I simply don't understand. How hard is to make one wheel that is good.

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Stock spring is for a much much heavier rider than I, so a replacement is already in hand and had been planned from the day S20 marketing said it'd be coil over. It's how a coil over shock is adjusted. Part and parcel for this architecture. It's the same thing as pumping an air shock to a particular pressure—if you don't set sag properly, suspension performance is diminished.

There are going to be a lot of riders out there who may not be technical like you. It is going to be a lot less trouble for them to setup the suspension with the T4 than with the S22. How many springs are they going to have to buy and install until they find the right spring?

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Yes, and no changes to the use case. 20+ miles on pavement/dirt roads to the trails, trails until I'm completely tuckered out, 20+ miles on pavement/dirt to get home. S18 gets me there and back, but no battery for trails. 16X fills the bill but gets less fun and is much more tiring as the trail gets rougher. I'm far too old and much too chicken to send it, but love going up the downhill MTB trails and cruising on the forest paths.

I see. Since your 16X is the wheel that has the capability to do what you want offroad, the T4 looks like a pretty good fit. Initially, I was worried about torque, but it doesn't look weak in the video. There's hope. I am not seeing how the S22 is more suitable than the T4 for your use case. The range of the T4 should be better than the 16X, but not excessively so. Perhaps the SmartBMS can come in handy. But a lot of credibility was lost after the NYC inferno incident, and subsequent software only fix.

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

I like having a bigger tire though—the S18 is more 'calm' than the 16X even with the suspension locked out (yes, I do that to avoid pedal strikes due to suspension compression).

A bit more "calm" on a locked out S18 (when compared to a 16X) doesn't necessarily imply that a well suspended 16" wheel is not "calm" enough for your use case. It appears you may be sacrificing a lot to attain this unproven "calm" gain.

3 hours ago, wstuart said:

Yeah it wasn't so much the 6kg bothering me as it was the $800.   I'm digging the mini price tag of the mini master.

I have no experience with the Master, but from what I've seen and heard it seems like you've gotta get a new shock and even some aftermarket linkages to make the suspension work offroad.  So that's an extra $400 to get a suspension that won't bottom out for a heavy guy like me??  So for my purposes the Master is an extra $1200........ this is why the T4 looks like a great deal to me.  After seeing Lukas take their T4 down steps effectively its looking like the suspension might actually work for me out of the box....... 🤞 

master suspension is fine, just get a simple coil with 1500lbs spring, lot of heavy riders are using and loving it, less than 200$ and you'll have the best .

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It appears you may be sacrificing a lot to attain this unproven "calm" gain.

Maybe, maybe not… time will tell.

Perhaps you should get a T4 and let us know how it is, how its suspension compares to a 16" hard tail! I'm guessing it's going to be a fun wheel and a ton of people are going to be very happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Maybe, maybe not… time will tell.

Perhaps you should get a T4 and let us know how it is, how its suspension compares to a 16" hard tail! I'm guessing it's going to be a fun wheel and a ton of people are going to be very happy.

If my 16x, my V11, and my MSP HT had a baby - it would be a T4.

I'm hoping that a wheel that combines my 3 favorite wheels, will be better than my 3 favorite wheels.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

If the T4 came out last year, I would have bought it since I wanted to try out a suspension wheel after my T3.

My current quest is to start riding on roads more, moving out from bicycle routes. I have already begun. On some trips, I take the same routes that I use to take on my small displacement motorcycle. The V12 is quite good, except for bumpier roads and faster roads. Some say 22" wheels are like one wheel motorcycles. So, I am wanting to test the waters with bigger wheels. My use case is changing.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I saw a video where it was mentioned that the T4 weighs about the same as the Hero. Isn't the Hero an 18in? That would make the Hero the winner, no?

T4 weighs 30.5kgs. Hero weighs 37kgs.

4 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I saw a video where it was mentioned that the T4 weighs about the same as the Hero. Isn't the Hero an 18in? That would make the Hero the winner, no?

T4 suspension is upgraded and increased to 100mm. Looks like it works pretty well too.

2 hours ago, UtahRider said:

T4 suspension is upgraded and increased to 100mm. Looks like it works pretty well too.

Off topic, but it would be great if they made a similar improvement to the suspension system of the Master, just sayin’..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Off topic, but it would be great if they made a similar improvement to the suspension system of the Master, just sayin’..

I think they want T4 to be a more nimble trail alternative to S22 and position Master for the streets… where it rules. KS hinted at S16, but T4 puts BG solidly ahead in the 16" trail class. So far ahead, I wonder if it'll force KS back to the drawing board.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

I was hoping for the same. Begode evidently knew their suspension needed improvements but instead of making the existing wheels (Master, EX20S) better, they push out new ones (T4 & Master Pro have improved suspension). I guess there’s little incentive knowing new wheels will provide quick sales.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:48 AM, mrelwood said:

T4 weighs 30.5kgs. Hero weighs 37kgs.

I would like to know the real weight of T4 and Master.

According to begode spec. sheet RS net weight is 27kg and Rough weight is 31kg. My RS which weight I have actually measured with scale is around 31kg, so the rough weight should be the real weight on our planet earth.

Hero (Begode spec.) net weight is 37kg and rough weight is 41kg

Master (Begode spec.) net is 36kg and rough is 41kg

T4 spec. is 30.5kg no rough or net weight, but if it got similar size battery and motor as RS + suspension , it is hard to believe that it is lighter.

Well done Begode marketing department, this really increases customer confidence...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, okvp said:

T4 spec. is 30.5kg no rough or net weight, but if it got similar size battery and motor as RS + suspension , it is hard to believe that it is lighter.

Well done Begode marketing department, this really increases customer confidence...

Begode T4 spec sheet if you try to read it:

Net weight: 30.4 kg

Rough weight: 35 kg

Actually its not that hard: The wheel is 30.4 kg, the package with charger, packaging etc is 35 kg.

Just now, enaon said:

ok but something is strage, the rs is not 31 Kgr.

There are many versions of RS. I have a RS HT ver3, it might have heavier motor than HS. Anyway at least the V10F weight seems to be correct with my scale.

• Like 1