I think rider set T4 vehicle +3 degrees forward or maybe more....
or wheel it's in soft mode (mode 1)

I need a kick stand and fender this T4 ....
anything on this regard ?

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, melheor said:

Exciting wheel, but the teardown video that was posted a couple pages ago has me concerned about quality.

It is healthy self-preservation to be concerned about Begode's quality. Fix the dropped bearing with tape or glue (Loctite), and the piston won't get scratched.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Where did you pre-ordered it? Obviously, I have chosen the wrong shop since mine is at least a week away ... (aliexpress iwheel)

Ordered from Kyrene on DHGate. He is also a seller for iWheel EU Store on Aliexpress.

I guess there is no wrong shop, logistic from china, even by plane, always take some time..

Edited by RolluS

6 minutes ago, RolluS said:

Just posting this here, raw.

Exciting! New wheel time!

Could you post some photos of the wheel well, especially from the front, please? I'm interested how protected the top part is from water and dirt from the tire, and how much danger exists of the exposed motor power cable getting damaged/snagged/dirty/wet. Basically, what is between the tire and the rest of the wheel? I know there's a small plastic mudguard and a metal sheet mudguard somewhere, but how big are they? Do they protect everything?

22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Exciting! New wheel time!

Could you post some photos of the wheel well, especially from the front, please? I'm interested how protected the top part is from water and dirt from the tire, and how much danger exists of the exposed motor power cable getting damaged/snagged/dirty/wet. Basically, what is between the tire and the rest of the wheel? I know there's a small plastic mudguard and a metal sheet mudguard somewhere, but how big are they? Do they protect everything?

The metal sheet mudguard seems efficient, I'll see after some kilometers..

PXL_20220923_121306145.thumb.jpg.5f8d8bee99f4d91163749f877fd25b12.jpg

The plastic one we will see, it will just protect rider's back.

PXL_20220923_121553507.thumb.jpg.4ded9a3d0402e20462cf8c5462e5236c.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That is great, thank you! I was worried some twig could catch the motor power cable, but it seems pretty well protected.

Yes, for the cable part it seems it is.

But the suspension is not protected BTW. I think mudguard will be an upgrade on my wheel

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Sadly, I can confirm that the T4 is affected by the exact same stator slippage issue as the S22, as described in this post:

As you can see in this photo posted by Chance Hintz, the stator is loose, rotates, pulling on the phase wires at the same time which exposes them and leads to a short.
This results in an instantaneous cut-out and burns the mainboard. Alternatively, the hall sensor can be pulled off which on a Begode wheel (without sensorless motor control backup like the S22) can result in a cutout at any speed.

Chance Hinz T4 motor with stator slippage

I hope that there will be official testing instructions published soon by King Song. In the meantime, I highly recommend you to validate your T4 motor with the test described as "landing test" in my post on the S22.

Spin tests are not reliable to identify all bad motors, but you can at least start there before riding.

A riding buddy crashed and broke a finger within 700m of his first T4 ride this week due to this. So, better test before riding.

Thank you for the information. I'll probably stress test if I heard some noises

• Like 1

Just now, RolluS said:

Thank you for the information. I'll probably stress test if I heard some noises

I would recommend to stress test first, and stop riding immediately if you hear odd noises coming from the motor (cutout in 3..2..1...)

Some of the failures occurred right out of the box since obviously bad motors were shipped as-is (not the case with the S22), but it's too early to tell how often how issues will develop over time and distance ridden with the T4.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, supercurio said:

Sadly, I can confirm that the T4 is affected by the exact same stator slippage issue as the S22, as described in this post:

As you can see in this photo posted by Chance Hintz, the stator is loose, rotates, pulling on the phase wires at the same time which exposes them and leads to a short.
This results in an instantaneous cut-out and burns the mainboard. Alternatively, the hall sensor can be pulled off which on a Begode wheel (without sensorless motor control backup like the S22) can result in a cutout at any speed.

Chance Hinz T4 motor with stator slippage

I hope that there will be official testing instructions published soon by King Song. In the meantime, I highly recommend you to validate your T4 motor with the test described as "landing test" in my post on the S22.

Spin tests are not reliable to identify all bad motors, but you can at least start there before riding.

A riding buddy crashed and broke a finger within 700m of his first T4 ride this week due to this. So, better test before riding.

What was the motor code of your riding buddy's?

Chance's motor code is BGD20220723223 from the video of him spinning it:

image.png.acdae079c49d0099bbb23bd4e58977e0.png

This would indicate 23 July 2022 production.

4 minutes ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

What was the motor code of your riding buddy's?

Chance's motor code is BGD20220723223 from the video of him spinning it:

image.png.acdae079c49d0099bbb23bd4e58977e0.png

This would indicate 23 July 2022 production.

Good catch and bad news, meaning that ZX fixed it on the S22 motor in July but not on the T4.
I asked my friend and will report.