19 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

134V would have automatically given a bigger battery (2400Wh) or a possibily-too-weak battery configuration (or needed high discharge cells with even less capacity then). It would just have been a Master with a smaller tire (I'm not saying that is bad, to the contrary, I'd prefer a 16 inch Master over the bigger one:cry2:). I assume they wanted to keep the price (and size and weight) down and went with their tried and tested 100V 1800Wh setup. Nothing wrong with it, I acknowledge it probably is the reasonable choice, but understandable that some find that disappointing with 134V out now.

I'm not so sure that is because of problems (the Master didn't have board problems right?). I think they just try to use cheaper components. They certainly did that with the latest Master board revision.

Good point.

On 8/29/2022 at 6:15 PM, RolluS said:

Hello all,

Ordered there: https://www.dhgate.com/product/newest-begode-t4-electric-wheel-100v-1800wh/788308028.html

For a limited time, you can chat with the seller and get a 6% coupon (told them Reynald (me) gave you the recommendation), bringing down the price to 2350$.

Edit: I must say I have no experience with DHGate nor this seller, so you need to put your own balls on the table, I offer no personnal warranty for the transaction, anyway, chating with Kyrese from iWheel EU Store on Ali who promoted me his fitness_equipment_ store on DHGate, with a nice rebate.

The internet is littered with negative posts about this site. Many of which say it is an scam site. I don't know if that is true but generally if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck you can assume it is one.

You may wish to read this. https://www.dmrpublications.com/2020/08/dhgate-com-you-might-want-to-avoid-this-one/

I have read many post like this.

Edited by DavidB
spelling

Thank you @DavidB we can also find the same for every market places unfortunatly, be it Aliexpress, DHGate, Banggood, or even trusted one like Amazon. Scam is unfortunatly everywhere.

Interestingly, the same seller is also on "less worse" marketplaces. I'll see, hopefully everything will be OK.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:47 PM, GoGeorgeGo said:

Got a chance to ride this bad boy, and i fell in love.

i have a downpayment on a mten4 but i might have to switch it to a t4 now. ill post a video soon but man, dealers better stock up on this wheel. at the pricepoint, it will sell like hotcakes.

Ride quality aside.. It's another crap wheel without any water resistance, same as any gotway wheel. Doh have to give props on better, all metal frame. But as someone who rides in winter and time to time in rain storm - i would never buy gotway wheel.

Example: I love how RS19 performs and it would be my dream wheel. (Lightest 18x3" that also has power/performance.) But because of no water protection. (Silicone, gaskets, etc..) It automatically becomes crap in my eyes, same as this wheel.

It's not all about the ride "quality".. Most people buy product that are made good, perform good and will not break after 1-2 year of use. I would gladly pay 500$ extra for something better built.

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Funky said:

Ride quality aside.. It's another crap wheel without any water resistance, same as any gotway wheel. Doh have to give props on better, all metal frame. But as someone who rides in winter and time to time in rain storm - i would never buy gotway wheel.

Example: I love how RS19 performs and it would be my dream wheel. (Lightest 18x3" that also has power/performance.) But because of no water protection. (Silicone, gaskets, etc..) It automatically becomes crap in my eyes, same as this wheel.

It's not all about the ride "quality".. Most people buy product that are made good, perform good and will not break after 1 year of use.

why struggle so much ? the solution to any wheel is a simple 7€ rain cover for backpack.

Some wheel is better than others with water resistance but if you care about your safety no one should be ridden in the rain .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EMA said:

why struggle so much ? the solution to any wheel is a simple 7€ rain cover for backpack.

Some wheel is better than others with water resistance but if you care about your safety no one should be ridden in the rain .

A lot of people including me are using these things as transportation, not only for hobby. If it is unusable in a light rain or in wet condition like no rain just wet road, then you have 150 days/ year for riding. Water proofing is one of the most important things. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gorcsi said:

A lot of people including me are using these things as transportation, not only for hobby. If it is unusable in a light rain or in wet condition like no rain just wet road, then you have 150 days/ year for riding. Water proofing is one of the most important things. 

people who really care about water proofing do it's own water proofing

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, EMA said:

In case of gotway older wheels - which let water true side heatsink, it doesn't help! Sorry but i won't wait 2-3hrs after work or before work for rain to stop.. EUC's should simply be built better! We still are getting crap..

20 minutes ago, EMA said:

people who really care about water proofing do it's own water proofing

I have done it to my 18xl. I opened whole motor and siliconed it shut. And added thick layer of grease around axle. And i also use the backpack cover over the wheel whenever it's raining.

I went for less powerful, but better built wheel.. Simply for the fact it's better built.

Another grape is that all connection goes right into mobo it self. At least kingsong have the connection mid wire. Meaning i don't need to go near mobo itself. Worst case while disconnecting a wire from gotway mobo, i jank/break the connection itself off the board.. Good luck fixing it. If connection breaks mid wire - i can simply buy a new connection and fix it myself.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Funky said:

In case of gotway older wheels - which let water true side heatsink, it doesn't help! Sorry but i won't wait 2-3hrs after work or before work to rain stop.. EUC's should simply be built better! We still are getting crap..

you need to move on, you speak about problems gone long time ago

wheel should be build better i agree, but your ideas/worries are way too far from the market at this moment

I have done it to my 18xl. I opened whole motor and siliconed it shut. And added thick layer of grease around axle. And i also use the backpack cover over the wheel whenever it's raining.

and so you can do it to another wheel, you just don't want to or you don't like other wheels ;)

where's the benefit when you have done the same job on a wheel that you consider water proof ?

Another grape is that all connection goes right into mobo it self. At least kingsong have the connection mid wire. Meaning i don't need to go near mobo itself. Worst case while disconnecting a wire from gotway mobo, i jank/break the connection itself off the board.. Good luck fixit it. If connection breaks mid wire - i can simply buy a new connection and fix it myself.

lol do you usually hammer connectors ? never saw in EUC history someone destroy a board in such way...if someone don't have the skills or the knowledge just need to ask someone's who has them

for the records T4 and Master have a great water proof already tested in real world:

lot of gotway wheels are good in the rain, not all of them, not the RS you are interested in :)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, EMA said:

you need to move on, you speak about problems gone long time ago

wheel should be build better i agree, but your ideas/worries are way too far from the market at this moment

and so you can do it to another wheel, you just don't want to or you don't like other wheels ;)

where's the benefit when you have done the same job on a wheel that you consider water proof ?

lol do you usually hammer connectors ? never saw in EUC history someone destroy a board in such way...if someone don't have the skills or the knowledge just need to ask someone's who has them

for the records T4 and Master have a great water proof already tested in real world:

lot of gotway wheels are good in the rain, not all of them, not the RS you are interested in :)

Market is simply ducked up, more speed, more weight, more POWAAA!!! Duck that. I'm only interested in small/light. In my eyes MTen4 are more appealing than T4/Master. Doh would have loved to have a bigger diameter wheel.

I already got 18xl, i'm not interested in others wheels. At least wheels that doesn't have real smart BMS. Wheels that offers more power for less weight and so on..

The sad thing - there is no waterproof wheels out there.. All of them need some kind aftermarket "waterproofing".

Rain test - makes my laugh 1, 2 rides doesn't count as a test.. 1 year of rain riding. Now that i would count as a real world test. (That test that he did - i do daily in fall..)

I went with 18xl just because it was the lightest 18" wheel. Not counting 18l.. And i didn't need more speed than 50km/h.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Funky said:

The sad thing - there is no waterproof wheels out there.. All of them need some kind aftermarket "waterproofing".

Depending on your definition of water proofing. 

If you mean a wheel that can be submerged without water ingress, then I would agree that no wheel currently can do that. However, for myself, I am not willing to pay for such unnecessary level of water proofing. 

I have done nothing to waterproof my V12. But, I have not encountered any water ingress issues. And it rains a lot in these parts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Depending on your definition of water proofing. 

If you mean a wheel that can be submerged without water ingress, then I would agree that no wheel currently can do that. However, for myself, I am not willing to pay for such unnecessary level of water proofing. 

I have done nothing to waterproof my V12. But, I have not encountered any water ingress issues. And it rains a lot in these parts.

Having mobo at the very top of euc for one. Another good job that all new gotways wheels are doing. (Doh don't know how good the buttons are. Maybe they are letting water true.)

By waterproof - i mean no water will get inside the wheel, if i'm riding in rain.. I think that's not too much to ask. It's only natural that something that is used outdoors, will get wet.. 

Yeah it's starting to rain a lot here also. Almost every day it's raining. (Hate riding to job at rain - but what will you do..)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the Master I will be taping the battery case screw holes, and covering the entire exposed surface in bumper strip on top of that, and I will additionally bumper strip the exposed area between seat and top of chassis, but that is all I am feeling the need to do to make that wheel suitable for use in our typically British 'moderate rain'. If I am ever caught in an extreme downpour I will stop riding, take out my umbrella and hunker down over the wheel until it passes, or seek other covered shelter. The one concession I might make to its lack of of perfection in the water ingress department is not ride it actually through the surf at the beach !

What I am definitely not going to do is fill that whole tray with potting compound in an effort to completely guarantee no water penetration at all, because it seems likely I may have to swap that board, or even frame at some point, and having to negotiate anything except maybe a spray of that electronics sealant stuff might be a deeply tedious and unrewarding process...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Having mobo at the very top of euc for one. Another good job that all new gotways wheels are doing. (Doh don't know how good the buttons are. Maybe they are letting water true.)

By waterproof - i mean no water will get inside the wheel, if i'm riding in rain.. I think that's not too much to ask. It's only natural that something that is used outdoors, will get wet.. 

Yeah it's starting to rain a lot here also. Almost every day it's raining. (Hate riding to job at rain - but what will you do..)

good news then! the t4 doesnt have anywhere for water to get in. the top mounted boards are both sealed shut and protected by the seat. the battery boxes are also all sealed shut, and the bearings have a rubber guard. 

honestly though lithium and water simply do not mix. no wheel will ever be truely safe to ride in the rain. until a more stable battery chemistry is designed i would never ride any wheel in anything more than 5 minutes of light rain. let your wheel get soaked is playing with fire 🔥 literally

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

honestly though lithium and water simply do not mix. no wheel will ever be truely safe to ride in the rain. until a more stable battery chemistry is designed

BTW, thank you for your first impression video on the T4. Since you have been only riding 20"+ wheels, I didn't think you would have anything positive to say about smaller wheels. Yet your enthusiasm shines through for the T4. 

Regarding battery packs and rain, the Inmotion V12 HT & V13 battery packs are IPx7 rated. That means the battery packs themselves can be submerged, (ie. in your bathtub), and there will be no water ingress.

8 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

good news then! the t4 doesnt have anywhere for water to get in. the top mounted boards are both sealed shut and protected by the seat. the battery boxes are also all sealed shut, and the bearings have a rubber guard. 

honestly though lithium and water simply do not mix. no wheel will ever be truely safe to ride in the rain. until a more stable battery chemistry is designed i would never ride any wheel in anything more than 5 minutes of light rain. let your wheel get soaked is playing with fire 🔥 literally

Sadly i don't use my wheel just for "fun". I use it as workhorse, it takes my to places i need to go. That means i need to ride in rain also. Even if it's raining buckets and a tornado is happening..

If T4 battery casings are the same as Masters - Then water can get inside. Doh at least batteries are in heat shrink.

For people who uses the EUC's for daily transportations - most of the new wheels are simply not so great. (We want something reliable, something that can take a beating and wont break suddenly - so called "workhorse" of a EUC.) And in my mind, somewhat waterproof wheel is a must in that category. Motor/batteries/motherboard should have IPX5/6/7 waterproof rating!

Ratingsx1000_grande_1988f0df-bbc6-45f5-b

I personally also don't like the dangling cables, that are not protected in T4 and are coming out of the body. Another point of a failure in future.

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bracky72 said:

Automobiles have all sorts of exposed wires and lines. Somehow they manage. 

Not dangling outside of exterior.

Also automobiles don't drop backwards/frontal/sideways.. :D One perfectly placed rock vs wire - GG.

Edited by Funky

On 9/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, GoGeorgeGo said:

My thoughts from getting to ride the T4 for 2 or 3 hours! Thanks again Archee!

What's that "clunking" noise when hear all along when you ride? Is the suspension bottoming out or noisy?

5 hours ago, Eric plam said:

What's that "clunking" noise when hear all along when you ride? Is the suspension bottoming out or noisy?

topping out actually. if i reduce the rebound speed more it goes away. but i like a faster rebound. i would need more time with the machine to identify exactly where the noise is coming from though. 

i may be getting one in a few months though so we will see if its still on future versions

6 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

topping out actually. if i reduce the rebound speed more it goes away. but i like a faster rebound. i would need more time with the machine to identify exactly where the noise is coming from though. 

i may be getting one in a few months though so we will see if its still on future versions

Cool. Let me know when you get to try it again!

Now, I'm a bit sad too see it seems to have the same defaults as the master. A wheel I would have loved to have if it didn't bottom out that easily. Sad the same seems to happen with the t4. 

I'll check for more reviews before ordering it