20 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Good catch and bad news, meaning that ZX fixed it on the S22 motor in July but not on the T4.
I asked my friend and will report.

mine has the same 20220723 date. i have 200+ miles on it, and when i spin the wheel i don't hear any of the click sounds. i suppose the stress test is still something i should consider.

23 minutes ago, RolluS said:

Here is mine. I'll update you all with the status of the stress testPXL_20220923_142421062.thumb.jpg.cca090cb62616df2d9dca24543f40ecf.jpg

By the way, regarding stress tests: any spin test is conclusive only if it leads to a failure.
Passing a spin test doesn't validate a motor.

What's necessary is the "landing test", typically:

• lifting the wheel in the air with your legs, from holding yourself up between two tables or rails.
  • let the motor spin to max speed
  • drop the wheel suddenly to the ground so the motor is stopped instantly by regaining grip.
  • repeat 15 times

It requires solid fitness. Power pads with a good lock-in will help immensely to lift and hold the wheel.

If a T4 passes this, then it should be fine. Any other way: unknown.

(expect King Song to describe similar instructions for their S22 motor test)

Edited by supercurio
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Are you by chance talking with BG about this yet? This being a supplier issue, perhaps with two of their customers on their backs ZX will get their act together.

It seems like Milli received the messages I sent, liked one, so at least communication is established.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2

If history is any guidance now then Begode will just ignore current wheels and make changes only going forward. Current wheels be damned.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, supercurio said:

It seems like Milli received the messages I sent, liked one, so at least communication is established.

Are you in contact with ewheels? Or know of someone who is talking to them about this? If anybody can put pressure on manufacturers, it's ewheels.

• Upvote 2

Mannn... I'm probably making this out to be far worse than it actually is but stuff like this makes me want to give up the hobby altogether. Can't even have peace of mind without worrying constantly. 😕 

I've made the "pendular" test. No problem.

I don't wan't to do the harsh stress/ageing/destructive test until I'm inclined to from Begode. My decision. I won't exceed 40km/h until then ;) My safety gear.

Anyway, I've commuted 8km and it was very pleasant ! https://euc.world/tour/613996704875180

I was 2 year from my last EUC trip, so consider me as a noob. I enjoy it, I have to be used to the weight (I come from MTen3), but I've been tailgating a quick bicycle and enjoyed my commute this evening ;)

Edited by RolluS
(typos...)
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, RolluS said:

I've made the "pendular" test. No problem.

I don't wan't to do the harsh stress/ageing/destructive test until I'm inclined to from Begode. My decision. I won't exceed 40km/h until then ;) My safety gear.

Anyway, I've commuted 8km and it was very pleasant ! https://euc.world/tour/613996704875180

I was 2 year from my last EUC trip, so consider me as a noob. I enjoy it, I have to be used to the weight (I come from MTen3), but I've been tailgating a quick bicycle and enjoyed my commute this evening ;)

we did about 160 miles on it before it occurred even though Go George Go had slippage on the hill, at the end of the day the wheel completely stopped balancing.. see my message below.. all the motors that are shipped with 1st batch of T4 are likely affected and need to be replaced.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Archee Jan Bloch said:

we did about 160 miles on it before it occurred even though Go George Go had slippage on the hill, at the end of the day the wheel completely stopped balancing.. see my message below.. all the motors that are shipped with 1st batch of T4 are likely affected and need to be replaced.

Thank you very much for the information. I will check with my seller

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Archee Jan Bloch said:

I just talked to Factory, they are asking you not to ride it. .
Sometimes mid next week they should get new batch of T4 motors and will test is before sending the replacements out.. Contact your local dealer with motor number and tell them you are affected by this.. Make sure the dealer communicates with either Milli or Levi (Fei) about this  I had my client T4 also having this issue however while there was a slippage, the mainboard  didn't burn down, it only shows Hall censor error.. when putting different motor in (just hall sensor) the warning is gone

Thanks @Archee Jan Bloch for the quick reaction, and I have to say: promising feedback from Begode too!

I'm guessing they got a few distributors asking about this at the same time. Nice 👏

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kevin Graehl said:

I know your intent is goodhearted, but to anyone reading this.
DO NOT DO THIS TEST.  This is not endorsed by begode, or AlienRIdes.com

We are in contact with begode right now, and are identifying how we as a distrubutor are going to take care of our customers.  Just give us a few days (tops) to have an official response.  
I'm more active on facebook but you're free to text me 415.341.2281 with any quick questions.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qdUMBzEHxXTXa8fs7 .  Here are some photos/ and a video of t4 vs S22.  

Kevin Graehl 
CTO AlienRIdes
San Francisco, CA

Interestingly, I have the almost same serial number, just 2 last digits are differents.. Please let us now and if you can, tag me so I don't miss the information.

Edited by RolluS

3 hours ago, buffs said:

mine has the same 20220723 date. i have 200+ miles on it, and when i spin the wheel i don't hear any of the click sounds. i suppose the stress test is still something i should consider.

Make sure you don't overtorque it uphill when the slippage of the magnets happens this would initiate the issue

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, supercurio said:

By the way, regarding stress tests: any spin test is conclusive only if it leads to a failure.
Passing a spin test doesn't validate a motor.

What's necessary is the "landing test", typically:

• lifting the wheel in the air with your legs, from holding yourself up between two tables or rails.
  • let the motor spin to max speed
  • drop the wheel suddenly to the ground so the motor is stopped instantly by regaining grip.
  • repeat 15 times

It requires solid fitness. Power pads with a good lock-in will help immensely to lift and hold the wheel.

If a T4 passes this, then it should be fine. Any other way: unknown.

(expect King Song to describe similar instructions for their S22 motor test)

I believe someone did the test on KS .. and 10 out of 10 failed this but to be honest, I almost thing that every wheel will fail this

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Graehl said:

I know your intent is goodhearted, but to anyone reading this.
DO NOT DO THIS TEST.  This is not endorsed by begode, or AlienRIdes.com

We are in contact with begode right now, and are identifying how we as a distrubutor are going to take care of our customers.  Just give us a few days (tops) to have an official response.  
I'm more active on facebook but you're free to text me 415.341.2281 with any quick questions.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qdUMBzEHxXTXa8fs7 .  Here are some photos/ and a video of t4 vs S22.  

Kevin Graehl 
CTO AlienRIdes
San Francisco, CA

Hey @Kevin Graehl

Thanks for stepping in and very happy that you're in a position to contradict my suggestion by providing a better answer, instead of being left only with the option of a ridiculously demanding and difficult validation test to run by yourself.
I'm very impressed by how quick this is moving forward this time, probably thanks to Begode who's answering in an effective way your requests.

To me, all these motors should be replaced by the OEM instead of relying on owners or dealers to try to validate them one by one. No doubt about that.

👏

1 hour ago, Archee Jan Bloch said:

I believe someone did the test on KS .. and 10 out of 10 failed this but to be honest, I almost thing that every wheel will fail this

That was eWheels on their S22 batch, with a test that's not as demanding.
But even the one I described here: it is supposed to be harmless to wheels without defects. You'll see why I say that soon.

Edited by supercurio
  • Upvote 2