50 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Cool. Let me know when you get to try it again!

Now, I'm a bit sad too see it seems to have the same defaults as the master. A wheel I would have loved to have if it didn't bottom out that easily. Sad the same seems to happen with the t4. 

I'll check for more reviews before ordering it

no need to worry, you'll tune to your preference, you cannot judge a suspension with a video lol and without a decent tuning....

i hope someone will do a serious teardown asap.

35 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

I would be really realistic - I would assume that tire and shock will sucks. Same like with mine master.  You can easily replace shock for anything branded. 

tire is nice, it's the cst c1773 already used on the nikola, shock of course need to be updated (specially heavy people)

• Like 1

The T4 is looking promising.

In the comment section of his T4 preview video, he said the T4's suspension is better than the V11 because the V11's suspension is linear and bouncy. Whereas, the T4's suspension is progressive and well damped. That means the T4 rising rate links are really rising rate links. And he said the T4's suspension is better than the Master's.

Additionally, he said the T4 is zippier than the V12 HT, and would slot it between the RS-19 HS and RS-19 HT for performance. That is incredible if you look at the price.  I know, top speed is 60 km/h (37 mph).

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

Mine is still at least 3 weeks away :( - it will be winter already in mine country.

I already see where roll cage will be mounted. You can cover sides(with cables) with carbon fiber sheet and silicone all space between.

Personally looking forward for this form factor. 

t4.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

Mine is still at least 3 weeks away :( - it will be winter already in mine country.

I already see where roll cage will be mounted. You can cover sides(with cables) with carbon fiber sheet and silicone all space between.

Personally looking forward for this form factor. 

t4.png

my master is like this :D

ecodrift impressions : https://ecodrift.ru/2022/09/08/begode-t4-vneshnij-vid/

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

The T4 is looking promising.

In the comment section of his T4 preview video, he said the T4's suspension is better than the V11 because the V11's suspension is linear and bouncy. Whereas, the T4's suspension is progressive and well damped. That means the T4 rising rate links are really rising rate links. And he said the T4's suspension is better than the Master's.

Additionally, he said the T4 is zippier than the V12 HT, and would slot it between the RS-19 HS and RS-19 HT for performance. That is incredible if you look at the price.  I know, top speed is 60 km/h (37 mph).

By that reasoning, Adam’ll presumably not be too keen on the Sherman S then, seeing as it has a linear type suspension setup?

28 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

By that reasoning, Adam’ll presumably not be too keen on the Sherman S then, seeing as it has a linear type suspension setup?

How do you know that Leaper Kim didn't put in progressively wound springs in those fork tubes?

In any case, no need to second guess. When Wrongway gets his hands on one, he will tell us.

I noticed there's a few mentions of speed wobbles here and there for this wheel.  I use to get speed wobbles on my other small wheels (KS-14D and Mten3) but the more I rode them the less I got them as I approached their full speeds.  Could the same be assumed for the T4?  I never had a wheel that I couldn't eventually ride the wobbles out of it with practice.  I'd like to be able to hit 32 mph sometimes on this without wobbling much, but I suppose it wouldn't really be a deal breaker for me anyway if I have to ride a bit slower to avoid them.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, -iB- said:

I noticed there's a few mentions of speed wobbles here and there for this wheel.  I use to get speed wobbles on my other small wheels (KS-14D and Mten3) but the more I rode them the less I got them as I approached their full speeds.  Could the same be assumed for the T4?  I never had a wheel that I couldn't eventually ride the wobbles out of it with practice.  I'd like to be able to hit 32 mph sometimes on this without wobbling much, but I suppose it wouldn't really be a deal breaker for me anyway if I have to ride a bit slower to avoid them.

I've wondered the same thing as well and wonder if some V12 owners would weigh in.

My experience is that yes, I have learned to avoid/control speed wobbles at the speeds I ride but as I get going faster the wobbles are never far away. It seems that road irregularities will trigger them and at higher speeds it gets very sensitive to posture and stance. In general, my mTen wants to wobble above 12 mph, the 16xs gets antsy above 25 mph and thus far I haven't taken the S18 fast enough to feel wobbly but I definitely respect its top speed. My very crude takeaway is that smaller wheels are more wobble prone for me and how I ride.

So I wonder if the 16" T4 will want to wobble me above 25? Or does its increased mass and weight distribution and suspension help? If V12 riders are comfy at 35 mph, then I would think that mass and distribution play a factor but if it's sketch then I look at the 16" diameter as a primary contributor.

(I'm certain it's a giant combination of a whole host of factors and that there isn't a single correct answer for everyone, but I also suspect that the physical aspects of the wheel help or hurt everyone)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Freeforester said:

All air springs (often referred to as "air shocks") are progressive/exponential by their very nature, and can't even be made linear. A linkage mechanism can make the shock's exponential curve steeper, but as we've seen with the Master, an air spring can be made to operate in the more linear area of the curve, as well as the linkage can be made fully linear if one so wishes.

The behaviour Adam is referring to is mainly about the shock's release rate, which is fast and non-adjustable on the V11. Increasing the pressure in the upper chamber has a side effect of making the release more controlled, which my guess is that Adam never tried. I'm running mine at 70psi which is a nice midrange value, but the adjustment is definitely usable up to at least 100psi.

The Sherman S suspension can be made linear (with a coil spring), or very progressive (coil or air). The external construction does not dictate what the shock's response curve is like.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

can anyone tell me what is the latest T4 firmware? i just received the wheel, and i've seen videos where it becomes unstable around 50kph with factory firmware. the begode app has three T4 firmwares listed: T4, T4HB and T4 Test. which one should i be using?

26 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

T4 is the "latest", but it's not very new. T4 HB is probably a test version for the HB motor (current T4 units use a ZX motor), and you shouldn't install T4 test. The balancing algorithm is all kinds of wonky/unrideable, I tried it today out of curiosity.

thanks for the info. i noticed you responded in the master topic about an alarm problem someone had. that was interesting, as my T4 is also beeping at 30 kph, even when i have tilt-back and the alarm setting both at higher values. this is my first begode wheel, so i'm probably not understanding how they do things. perhaps your suggestion would work for me as well, by turning off the level 2 alarm. i tried changing tilt-back and alarm values on the settings display and nothing i did seemed to affect getting beeps around 30kph.

1 hour ago, buffs said:

thanks for the info. i noticed you responded in the master topic about an alarm problem someone had. that was interesting, as my T4 is also beeping at 30 kph, even when i have tilt-back and the alarm setting both at higher values. this is my first begode wheel, so i'm probably not understanding how they do things. perhaps your suggestion would work for me as well, by turning off the level 2 alarm. i tried changing tilt-back and alarm values on the settings display and nothing i did seemed to affect getting beeps around 30kph.

Turn off Alarms 1 & 2. You can’t turn off the 3rd Alarm. Most set the PWM around 75 or 80 and use that as the slow it the hell down alarm. When it reaches this power setting, it beeps alerting you’ve reached 75% (or whatever you’ve selected) total power. Ignore this beep at your peril.

• Like 1

I went to the Eevee's T4 and Mten4 demo in Fullerton, SoCal today.

I really like how the T4 felt with the stock pads. I'm not a big fan of locking in my feet, but they were pretty secure and my shoes fit right under the lower portion (US size 9.0). Seated riding would feel great on the squishy padding. With stock pads, it made the wheel quite wide but it wasn't uncomfortable compared to the Master with full fairings and the S22, but both of those are quite larger. 

The acceleration was smooth and quick as expected from a 16in wheel. Can't quite give a comparison to my V12 HS since I wasn't on the T4 too long. Tight turns were nice and smooth on stock tire since I think it is a street tire. 

I enjoyed the suspension. The only other suspension I've been on is the S18, which felt on par for plushness. It's something I'll enjoy when I swap over and sell my V12.

It was brief fun today, but I can't wait for a few batches down before I make a purchase. 3k plus wheels are out of my budget for wheel but this one fits perfectly if there's no big kinks. 

• Like 3

Nice to see these wheels slowly trickling in. Theres new youtube reviews every other day now it seems. The main faults Ive seen (which I can live with) is no real good way to pick it up easily and questionable water resistance.

I put a deposit on an ewheels version, but havent gotten any updates about it yet... hopefully thatll change in a week or two. If you guys get any updates it'd be nice to know 😎

38 minutes ago, Waulnut said:

Can't quite give a comparison to my V12 HS since I wasn't on the T4 too long.

Even so, did you managed to get to a speed as high as 25 mph, and get an impression of stability? Most of the T4 reviews complained of lack of stability. Was it really that bad?

Edited by techyiam

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Even so, did you managed to get to a speed as high as 25 mph, and get an impression of stability? Most of the T4 reviews complained lack of stability. Was it really that bad?

I didn't go for anything remotely fast due to no gear and just demo-ing 😅. Just some carves and rolling over bad pavement to feel out the suspension. It felt more stable and planted than my V12. I immediately felt comfortable on it. Can't say the same when I hopped on the S22 during the RevRides demo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I would love to see somebody take t4 offroad !

This is coming soon. Just got my T4 last night and will be taking it on a mountain trail early tomorrow morning to see the sunrise.

I also used my friend's T4 last week to go on some very loose gravel roads.

In general though, I don't find the pads tight enough for the to really power and control the wheel. I have a friend who will be making some adjustments to the Master Titan Armour from Thingiverse and I'll be able to use my own pads once there fairings are printed.