S22 tips, mods, suspension settings, tire pressure, etc. Share your experiences!

UniVehje

What about the CNC sliders I've heard about? Is someone just CNCing the same file that is made for 3D printing? Are they for sale? I got my S22 and am not too impressed with the sliders. For bigger stuff its ok but I feel nothing on the small stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsmark said:

What about the CNC sliders I've heard about? Is someone just CNCing the same file that is made for 3D printing? Are they for sale? I got my S22 and am not too impressed with the sliders. For bigger stuff its ok but I feel nothing on the small stuff.

Different but similar designs... word on the street is that negotiations are underway for 'production', but don't know who or where or even what would be produced. Only thing for certain: they won't be as cheap as 3D printed. Beyond that, all of the roller-sliders are very new and are just now starting to reach the point where one can tell where improvements can be made. I think with a bit of patience it'll sort out over the next several months!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

I am so excited to get my hands on some of these. I really like the suspension on the s22, but improvements are always nice. I do think the suspension was not designed for light weight riders

• Like 1

Alexander Vodnev has published Full Instructions on how to assemble his excellent, premium quality CNC Bearing Rollers/slider mod to the S22:

Roller Installation – Telegraph

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

Good God I just put on 350 lb spring 039-09-001 and think I can even go for 200 lb spring... 350 is definitely better but could be better, 750 was absolutely ridiculous.... And I think the rollers I found can be used but I will need 6 rollers per slide, and bearings that will help with side movement and wear... Just need an aluminum base to put it all together... 

Rollers   https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0727N1WSB

Bearings  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VGGVXMH

Edited by MetricUSA

You could easily get away with a bearingless design that's just all plastic. I think the bearings are excessive and only add another point of eventual failure, they also minimally rotate in the ones we installed using the 3D file going around. We changed out the outer bearing pieces to a larger delrin ring.

On the unit I was working on, after the sliders were replaced the suspension was so smooth it worked great even for small road anomalies with me on it at only 130lb. A 350lb spring could perhaps suffice for infants, or maybe up to a toddler. A 200lb spring would maybe work well for a bird, or insect riding over fresh pavement.

55 minutes ago, jtm94 said:

riding over fresh pavement.

I got to do that a few weeks ago... riding along and came upon the paving crew. Sheepishly walked myself off the (still very warm) asphalt.

It was smooooooooth

If you are a 'light rider' try...

Well, I changed the spring to 115 kg and going to keep it for now, you need to put a good deal of preload on... Problem I am alone here so can't measure where I am while standing oni the wheel... Plus the fact KS has not given us any measurements to get the correct spring weight right for proper sag or preload... So I have no idea if I am near bottom of stroke... So far I have fast all the way open and a couple turns on the firm setting... 

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of adding the proper rod and bushing everyone else seems to have, KS has tied our hands with the channel in battery compartment... We have no choice but we use bearings to reduce friction...

Believe I would bolt this on right now if I could...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HXKH7KL

Edited by MetricUSA

2 hours ago, NSFW said:

I have no relationship to this company, but I am intrigued...

KingSong S22 CNC Suspension Sliders KIT - MyEWheel

If you have an S22, either 3D printed or these CNC roller rails are an absolute must. The suspension is near useless without, and works rather well with. You simply owe it to yourself!

(No affiliation to the linked content or mentioned 3D printers... Just expressing my opinion after having shortly tested both the original and a prototype CNC version.)

• Like 3

This can totally work I just need aluminum spacer bars... And really need stainless steel slides... 

Ok might not work... You can't take slide apart...this slide can't be separated to two parts.... Close but... 

PXL_20221025_141600779.jpg

PXL_20221025_141544517.jpg

Edited by MetricUSA

On 7/29/2022 at 8:06 AM, fbhb said:

Another great mod by evvheeler Bangkok Thailand to TOTALLY protect the sliders from grime ingress thrown up by the tyre! This time a 3D printed mod has been designed to attach to each side of the original S22 mudguard:

evvheeler Bangkok Slider protection

Link to his Instagram:

Rafael T. Nitinandana on Instagram: "I just done this parts for S22 it's keep the dust and dirt in place instead of suspension slider.😅 If you guys have a 3Dprinter you can…"

The 3D print files have been made available at the following link:

All the 3D models of EVVHEELER・Cults (cults3d.com)

I can't find this 3d model, has anyone downloaded this? Thanks a lot in advance!

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2022 at 1:35 PM, kiitick said:

I am so excited to get my hands on some of these. I really like the suspension on the s22, but improvements are always nice. I do think the suspension was not designed for light weight riders

Lol what are you saying I'm fat!?

No but I totally agree. Riding this wheel the last 4 months, I feel like they made it for the heavier rider for sure. At 220lbs, been having the time of my life on this thing, really throwing it around without much of the issues others have had. 

But if it can be made better, I'm in. Will be printing new sliders here in a few days to find out..

• Like 2

Thought I'd mention this... during my pre-launch teardown and spring change, I discovered that the top and bottom binding posts for the shock have the same issue as my S18 so I shimmed them out. You wouldn't think it'd make much of a difference would you? 3 full turns of preload had to be added to the spring so that it would stop moving from the wheel weight alone! The part numbers for the shims are in the back scroll of this link...

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

Or you can order longer bolts from Ali, because they are both 70mm but the lower one needs to be 73,5mm and the upper one even 77mm

You wouldn't happen to have links would you? Ali and I don't get along with searches too well...

Best S22 Suspension Upgrade for cheap

9.25K subscribers

Nov 14, 2022

I show how the stock KingSong suspension linkage hardware is bad (and how to repair it) and repair the stock sliders.

Order the hardware kit from here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/225183...

Select the 75mm bolt, 80mm bolt, and package of 1.5mm spacers.

Time Index:

00:00 Introduction

01:27 Master vs S22 suspension demonstration

02:14 Bad stock suspension linkage hardware

04:31 Removing the shock

07:11 New suspension hardware kit

08:42 Installing the new hardware

13:14 Slider work begins

13:58 Opening the control board assembly

15:09 Metal shavings in the control board

17:23 Removing the control board assemby

20:04 Removing the motor support bolts

21:33 Sliding out the motor

22:10 Slider improvent overview

24:20 Removing the plastic sliders

25:47 Day 2: The big clean begins

27:46 Removing the rubber slider bumpers

29:13 Cleaning the rubber bumpers

31:00 Cleaning the plastic sliders

31:15 Modifying the plastic sliders

32:32 Cleaning the slider channels

34:02 Test fitting the plastic sliders and trimming the battery gasket

36:35 Installing the rubber bumpers

37:03 Installing the plastic sliders

37:58 Motor is reinstalled

38:48 Improved suspension demonstration

39:55 Test ride

43:12 Conclusions

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Could some please post the exact outside outer surface area LxW dimensions of the battery box? I want to make my own side plates before my wheel arrives. Has anyone heard of someone doing this? What are the optimal dimensions?

This topic has gone quiet but the title seems like the best "general" thread on the S22, so I'm posting here for now.

Thanks!

Edited by litewave
clarified information requested

Litewave... You should have cancelled the wheel, it is not worth the aggravation...this wheel is a complete mess, sadly not warned by folks like chooch feck and pure wrong way... What do they care?!! They get the wheel for a long time and don't have to pay for it...and most likely not buy it... 

Edited by MetricUSA
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

Litewave... You should have cancelled the wheel, it is not worth the aggravation...this wheel is a complete mess, sadly not warned by folks like chooch feck and pure wrong way... 

I know you mean well, but there is no way Litewave is not making an informed purchase, by now. He knows full well what he got himself into.

Edited by techyiam

On 1/22/2023 at 7:27 PM, litewave said:

Could some please post the exact outside outer surface area LxW dimensions of the battery box? I want to make my own side plates before my wheel arrives. Has anyone heard of someone doing this? What are the optimal dimensions?

This topic has gone quiet but the title seems like the best "general" thread on the S22, so I'm posting here for now.

Thanks!

@supercurio perhaps you have yours still disassembled and could measure?

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:27 PM, litewave said:

Thanks!

i'd call it, 15" tall and 8.5" wide. the top and bottom have plates on them that add 3/16", and the front and back have rounded edges. 

so if i were laminating the sides, i'd make a plate 14.75"x 8".

this is the outside of the battery box. if this isn't what ur looking for, pls lmk.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:27 AM, litewave said:

the exact outside outer surface area LxW dimensions of the battery box?

mine is 14.75" tall and 8.5" wide.

(and S22 is actually an excellent choice, some do disagree but that's my opinion!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1