S22 tips, mods, suspension settings, tire pressure, etc. Share your experiences!

UniVehje

The selection of Tubeless valve stems I ordered come in a range of different colours and can be found on Ali Express by following this link:

2pcs Aluminum Alloy Valve Motorcycle Rim 90 Degree Angle Motorcycle Wheel Tire Tubeless Valve Stems For Rim Wheel Parts 9 Colors - Valve Stems & Caps - AliExpress

Tubeless valve stems

These were cheap enough that I ordered 3 colour options and will decide what looks best when the S22 finally gets here. They obviously have to be ordered as pairs, being listed for motorcycle wheels.

• Like 2

The measurement of the threaded portion is approx. 10mm and so there is a good chance the rim will need to be slightly modded/drilled to accommodate these valve stems.

Valve stem measurement

• Like 2

Another upgrade I have got earmarked for the S22 is to drill out the existing studs on the pedals and then tap threaded holes for some proper 4mm MTB pedal pins.

I ordered these, including the tool, again from Ali Express and they can be found by following this link:

50pcs Bike Pedal Replacement Screws Pins Bolts Bike Hex M4 Pedal Pin Screws Set Road MTB Folding Cycling Pedal Anti slip Nail| | - AliExpress

4mm Pedal pins

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

There was a nifty Russian slider protection design on the S22 Phoenix telegram—basically a clear plastic 'wall' that goes between the sliders and wheel. Pics looked like it was pretty effective.

Yes, I saw that one too! Plenty of innovation and engineering knowhow coming out of the Russian EUC community, As Always!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, fbhb said:

The selection of Tubeless valve stems I ordered come in a range of different colours and can be found on Ali Express by following this link:

2pcs Aluminum Alloy Valve Motorcycle Rim 90 Degree Angle Motorcycle Wheel Tire Tubeless Valve Stems For Rim Wheel Parts 9 Colors - Valve Stems & Caps - AliExpress

Tubeless valve stems

These were cheap enough that I ordered 3 colour options and will decide what looks best when the S22 finally gets here. They obviously have to be ordered as pairs, being listed for motorcycle wheels.

You could always offer any unwanted for sale singly or in pairs into the community, to recoup a little or indeed much of your outlay, I’m sure there’ll be disciples willing to do so 😀

I don't have to tools to make this idea happen, but I strongly suspect that replacing the slider bushings with Delrin would be a big step forward. The PTFE-impregnated stuff is self lubricating and long lasting. Seems like it would be a pretty straightforward installation, too.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Aaen said:

Has anyone put any aftermarket pedals on these?

I’m not sure which pedals will fit. But aren’t these already one of the beat pedals out there? I don’t know if it makes commercial sense to make third party pedals for this wheel when it doesn’t really need them. 

6 hours ago, Aaen said:

Has anyone put any aftermarket pedals on these?

5 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I’m not sure which pedals will fit. But aren’t these already one of the beat pedals out there? I don’t know if it makes commercial sense to make third party pedals for this wheel when it doesn’t really need them. 

The ONLY aftermarket pedals currently listed that I know of for the S22 are from e-Rides and NyloNove!

e-Rides in the UK have some nice looking CNC pedals up on their website, but they are on preorder/backorder:

Electric Unicycle Honeycomb Spike Pedals - e-RIDES(ERIDES) Pedals - Wolverine - Pre Order | e-RIDES

NyloNove Also list some on the Hulaj Market website, but NyloNove pedals for All popular EUC's ARE ALWAYS out of stock and sell out within hours when available, so one needs to act very quickly:

NyloNove for KingSong S20 with angle adjustment - Nylon feet for the EUC (hulaj.market)

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

THank you FBHB.  

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

The ONLY aftermarket pedals currently listed that I know of for the S22 are from e-Rides and NyloNove!

e-Rides in the UK have some nice looking CNC pedals up on their website, but they are on preorder/backorder:

Electric Unicycle Honeycomb Spike Pedals - e-RIDES(ERIDES) Pedals - Wolverine - Pre Order | e-RIDES

NyloNove Also list some on the Hulaj Market website, but NyloNove pedals for All popular EUC's ARE always out of stock and sell out within hours when available, so one needs to act very quickly:

NyloNove for KingSong S20 with angle adjustment - Nylon feet for the EUC (hulaj.market)

Having tried both the superb (if similarly weighted to the Wolverines) aluminium Begode spiked pedals and the ultralight Nylonove ones, I would imagine the S22 Nylonove pedals are also substantially lighter in weight than the aluminium Wolverine ones, and the flex in the Nylonove offerings seem to give an improved comfort ride, though this of course may not be so important when used on a suspension wheel.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Changed shock to Rockshox vivid air, 240*76, and set to 30% sag. Very smooth comfortable ride. This change also required shock bushings as most shocks use 12.7mm bushings vs DNM 12mm bushings.

Can you elaborate further on the ride? Are the linkage and sliders working well? How would you compare to the stock setup? How was your sag with that?

2 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

Changed shock to Rockshox vivid air, 240*76, and set to 30% sag. Very smooth comfortable ride. This change also required shock bushings as most shocks use 12.7mm bushings vs DNM 12mm bushings.

Would that be the Rockshox Vivid Air R2C? That's the only model listed on their website, and its MSRP is $773.00. <gag> <cough>

Edit: I noticed that the same model can be found on eBay and Amazon for roughly 1/2 the price ($350 range). Still a costly upgrade.

Edited by litewave

3 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

I didn’t run the stock shock so can’t compare, sorry. This is the same size as stock so everything works as it should. I cleaned the factory grease out of the sliders and lubed with dry Teflon. This is much smoother and more compliant than anything I tried on my s18 with either air or coil shocks. This setup rides very well over small stutter bumps like washboard and over cracks in asphalt. Trail riding with roots and drops of up to around 8” are both absorbed well with the wheel never feeling unstable. I find I’m riding much faster on the s22 than the s18 both on and off road. A side benefit of the air shock is that it’s almost a pound and a half lighter than the stock shock so it helps with the s22 rear weight bias.

What's the lube your using now?  Just gathering my stuff for when my s22 arrives?  Couple guys told me to leave the lube in there an djust be prepared to do do normal shock maintenance once a month.  Which I thought was good, but considering to do the maintenance ya gotta basically strip these down anything that simplifies the process is great.  

Thanks how often are you applying it?  My experience with these types of lubes is they basically need to be prior to use and sometimes during.  Are you finding that it works for long periods of time?  

I use it every couple of rides. It’s more of a flush with a bit of lube. The nylon sliders slide quite well in the channels even without lube. I just don’t like grit in the channels.

• Like 2