S22 tips, mods, suspension settings, tire pressure, etc. Share your experiences!

UniVehje

On 8/21/2022 at 5:42 PM, vikingto said:

Handle bar tape.

The adjustable seat from EUCPiPs Etsy shop is super comfy to sit on. And funny shit is that people have said "I didn't know JBL made electric vehicles?"

PXL_20220821_193139845.thumb.jpg.0e9cfcedc1ab52ed2ea245e77c0f676f.jpg

Which seat comfort level did you get, what thickness, and what do you weigh?

Can you share the link for the red tape? Did you add padding as well?

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Which seat comfort level did you get, what thickness, and what do you weigh?

Can you share the link for the red tape? Did you add padding as well?

So I went with the 40mm thickness, schmedium for comfort.  My riding weight is 220lbs and it's really comfy to sit on, even with the speaker on there..

It's just the tape on the bumper, but it provides a little bit of cushion to it. I didn't know they made handlebar tape like that. https://a.co/d/c9L5Hbe

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 5:32 PM, vikingto said:

So I went with the 40mm thickness, schmedium for comfort.  My riding weight is 220lbs and it's really comfy to sit on, even with the speaker on there..

It's just the tape on the bumper, but it provides a little bit of cushion to it. I didn't know they made handlebar tape like that. https://a.co/d/c9L5Hbe

Groovy, thanks. I bought the schmedium 70mm, and it seems hard to me, but I'm a lightweight. I'm hoping it will feel right when I finally can mount it on an S22 (when it finally ships)....

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, litewave said:

Groovy, thanks. I bought the schmedium 70mm, and it seems hard to me, but I'm a lightweight. I'm hoping it will feel right when I finally can mount it on an S22 (when it finally ships)....

Well that's a lot more material, so I imagine it's more dense feeling. You certainly shouldn't feel any of the metal on the top of the wheel tho.

Either way I'm thankful for this board, because the wheel you have coming is such a gem. The power and ability to move the way I really want to move, and with comfort.. So fun.

• Like 1

So after a meth head from the west side of town tried to run me over with his car, then spazzed out saying I tried to blind him (then sped off before I could respond), I decided to diffuse the lights with a couple pieces per light of screen I borrowed from my screen door replacement project.

I used zip ties but I'm sure you could use rubber bands, or the sticky screen repair squares they make. Works really well actually, and if it's not diffused enough just add more. I don't need to get any more attention from meth heads. And that was the second time someone spazzed out on me for the lights, and yes they were angled all the way down at the time. These lights are friggin bright.

PXL_20220903_020919861.thumb.jpg.461a67facfb7dd113ec28dc442001787.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:01 PM, UniVehje said:

Yes, a bit. I consider this a positive thing for this wheel. It does feel peppy enough. Not even using pads. I just use softest mode and it works nicely. 

On the photo the middle one is K66 80/80. Oddly seems like a smaller diameter but it’s wider than the 1488. 
zsFuQfr.jpg

Are there any street tires available in the states?

1 hour ago, Brianr058 said:

Anyone else only see half of the batteries under one bms and nothing under bms #2?

sometimes my EUCWorld load/read only random part of settings. Maybe its just this (reconnect app normally helps, but time time to I must switch off/on S22 - EUCWorld says connected but no values and no euc confirm beeping, even the basic values such as speed are missing)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LetsDance63 said:

Does anyone have any tips for suspension settings? I'm ~260lbs. 

265lbs

Rebound - default setting. 

Compression -

Street/Hard Pack Dirt - Compression setting all the way to hard. Basically like locking out the suspension so the pedals are very hard (depending on your pedal setting that is)

Light Trails - 2 clicks to the soft side from full hard setting

Rough Trails/Rutted Fields - 4 clicks to the soft side from full hard setting

Night Riding - 1-2 clicks to the soft side from full hard setting

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm having an issue with the horizontal calibration. The app let me set it to a value that it would stay at indefinitely. Then I tried to calibrate the unicycle and now it wants to jump to a 10° backward tilt but only after I start moving. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to stay at 0° or what I really want which is a slight lean forward, roughly 2.5° or so. Is anyone else having this issue? 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 1:32 AM, Brianr058 said:

Are there any street tires available in the states?

Click the images to go to the item page.

Michelin City Grip 2 90/90-14

71sFvxZMfuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Pirelli Angel front scooter tire 80/80-14 seems to be out of stock everywhere (probably due to recent widespread availability of the S22 ;)), but most motorcycle tire and powersports vendors should be restocking soon. Here is the tire I purchased:

pirelli_angel_scooter_tires_750x750.jpg

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LetsDance63 said:

Ok, so I'm having an issue with the horizontal calibration. The app let me set it to a value that it would stay at indefinitely. Then I tried to calibrate the unicycle and now it wants to jump to a 10° backward tilt but only after I start moving. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to stay at 0° or what I really want which is a slight lean forward, roughly 2.5° or so. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Describe how you did the calibration.

On 9/18/2022 at 10:38 PM, Rawnei said:

Describe how you did the calibration.

I set it up on two parallel boards and used a magnetic level to get it as close to 0 as possible, then ran the calibration.

I did this process again today and the wheel is now behaving normally. Hopefully it stays that way! 

4 hours ago, LetsDance63 said:

I set it up on two parallel boards and used a magnetic level to get it as close to 0 as possible, then ran the calibration.

I did this process again today and the wheel is now behaving normally. Hopefully it stays that way! 

Ok because what you describe is usually happens if you calibrate the wheel on the kickstand (this is how you calibrate some Inmotion wheels) then it will think kickstand position is the flat position and try to balance for that.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:13 PM, Rawnei said:

Ok because what you describe is usually happens if you calibrate the wheel on the kickstand (this is how you calibrate some Inmotion wheels) then it will think kickstand position is the flat position and try to balance for that.

I did that, then did the board thing once I realized it was incorrect for Kingsong wheels. My first wheel was an Inmotion, so that's why I did it that way first. Oops, and oh well. I'm just glad it is resolved. 

On 9/17/2022 at 12:07 PM, gon2fast said:

265lbs

Rebound - default setting. 

Compression -

Street/Hard Pack Dirt - Compression setting all the way to hard. Basically like locking out the suspension so the pedals are very hard (depending on your pedal setting that is)

Light Trails - 2 clicks to the soft side from full hard setting

Rough Trails/Rutted Fields - 4 clicks to the soft side from full hard setting

Night Riding - 1-2 clicks to the soft side from full hard setting

This was very helpful, thank you. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 3:30 AM, UniVehje said:

Share your mods and findings about S22!

My first modification will be fitting a 300 lbs fox coil spring. 
Model number 039-03-000

You can find correct size here https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=672

The fitting part range is 039-09-010, 039-03-000 - 039-03-008

I will update this post when I have received my wheel and tested the coil. 

So what was your conclusion of using the 300 lb spring?!? 750 is so too much for me... 

300lb sounds like really not enough, but with the stock suspension it definitely is too stiff. I'm helping 2x of my friends to get their S22s working as they should have worked stock. We removed all grease and dry lubricated the sliders which was a massive improvement, but now if we don't lubricate them every ride they start to squeak. We really need someone to make those improved sliders and start selling them because we just cannot get the stock ones to function. Changing the geometry down a bolt or two helped make the suspension faster and track the ground a little bit better, but it still feels slow to react and with a lighter rider on it you can only feel the suspension off of jumps or big drops.

1 hour ago, jtm94 said:

300lb sounds like really not enough, but with the stock suspension it definitely is too stiff. I'm helping 2x of my friends to get their S22s working as they should have worked stock. We removed all grease and dry lubricated the sliders which was a massive improvement, but now if we don't lubricate them every ride they start to squeak. We really need someone to make those improved sliders and start selling them because we just cannot get the stock ones to function. Changing the geometry down a bolt or two helped make the suspension faster and track the ground a little bit better, but it still feels slow to react and with a lighter rider on it you can only feel the suspension off of jumps or big drops.

Did you try the "align the plastic blocks" technique? Loosen the 4 plastic things a bit, insert wheel into the battery boxes to get things lined up. Very carefully pull it back out until you can get to the bottom one's screw, tighten it up. Pull out a bit more (careful) then tighten the top one. Flip the wheel, reinsert and withdraw+tighten on that side. I would even flip it again, loosen the first side then slide in to get it positioned, and do the tighten routine.

Some folks have left the plastic block screws a bit loose so the plastic can self adjust. Screws don't seem to back out, but blue locktite wouldn't hurt.

It supposedly works pretty well (in the way back scroll of telegram), I doubt it'll do much about squeaking though.

What are you using for dry lube?

Edited by Tawpie