S22 tips, mods, suspension settings, tire pressure, etc. Share your experiences!

UniVehje

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

And who doesn’t have a suitable high pressure pump right in their bedroom, right?! 

Well if indeed you don't actually have one :P, I can highly recommend the Xiaomi Portable Electric Air Compressor: Xiaomi Portable Electric Air Compressor 1S - Xiaomi Global Official

I used this when replacing the notoriously difficult to install Z10 tubeless tyre, popped it up onto the beads and sealed perfectly to this day with no issue!

Failing that, everyone has a fuel station nearby where one could inflate a tubeless tyre if needs be.

Edited by fbhb

For converting the S22 to tubeless: there are 8.3mm and 11.3mm tubeless valve stems...i guess the 8.3mm would be better fitting? Additionally i want to use a shinko 241..will this work (its marked as tube type)

42 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

For converting the S22 to tubeless: there are 8.3mm and 11.3mm tubeless valve stems...i guess the 8.3mm would be better fitting? Additionally i want to use a shinko 241..will this work (its marked as tube type)

You will be best going with the 8.3mm tubeless valve stems if you Do Not want to have to drill out the rim to accommodate the wider 11.3mm valve stems.

These are the actual valve stems I ordered and now have ready and in preparation hopefully for the future arrival of my S22 Pro later this year: HTB1dZumXLvsK1Rjy0Fiq6zwtXXaN.jpg

Available to order from this Ali Express link:  Triumph Motorcycle Fairing | Aluminum Motorcycle Parts | Aluminum Tyre Tire Valves - 1 - Aliexpress

Regarding fitting the Shinko 241 as a tubeless being a "Tube Type" tyre may or may not work, due to this specific tyre's beads not being optimal for seating perfectly to create a leak proof seal.

However, a good tubeless tyre sealant "may" be your friend and allow an adequate enough seal if you do go ahead with the Shinko, as it really is a great off-road tyre fitted to the S22!

Once you have the 8.3mm valve stem on hand you can always give it a go as a tubeless, but easily revert back to a tube without issue if the need arises, nothing to lose as the valves are inexpensive considering the higher CNC quality.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, fbhb said:

You will be best going with the 8.3mm tubeless valve stems if you Do Not want to have to drill out the rim to accommodate the wider 11.3mm valve stems.

These are the actual valve stems I ordered and now have ready and in preparation hopefully for the future arrival of my S22 Pro later this year: HTB1dZumXLvsK1Rjy0Fiq6zwtXXaN.jpg

Available to order from this Ali Express link:  Triumph Motorcycle Fairing | Aluminum Motorcycle Parts | Aluminum Tyre Tire Valves - 1 - Aliexpress

Regarding fitting the Shinko 241 as a tubeless being a "Tube Type" tyre may or may not work, due to this specific tyre's beads not being optimal for seating perfectly to create a leak proof seal.

However, a good tubeless tyre sealant "may" be your friend and allow an adequate enough seal if you do go ahead with the Shinko, as it really is a great off-road tyre fitted to the S22!

Once you have the 8.3mm valve stem on hand you can always give it a go as a tubeless, but easily revert back to a tube without issue if the need arises, nothing to lose as the valves are inexpensive considering the higher CNC quality.

Ok, thx for the great Information.....i will test it , looking for tire sealant ...stans no tube seems fine ..how much is needed of this? Around 150-200ml something like that? 

3 hours ago, AKA_TY37 said:

After more than half a year, I've finally can say my S22 is in its final form.
Here's a list of things I Added/Changed:

Also went through some mods that ended taken out and being replaced:

• MyEwheel CNC 4 roller Slider (went bad in 1 month of light riding)
  • NyloNove Bite Pedals (spikes aren't grippy enough, hard to tune the pedal angle perfectly symmetrical, overall, very nice pedals tho)
  • NyloNove Bite Kinetic Pads V1 (great, but still cause little pain when using it excessively, not as comfortable as BioPads, but very customizable)
  •  Cane Creek Valt Progressive Coil Spring 450lbs-550lbs x 65mm (extremely good for city commute only, super light, but risk coil bind on stairs and big drops, used it on stock DNM)

Here's my weight with full gear and riding situation for some reference:

140lbs, mainly crappy pavement NYC road, Stairs, Skate Park

Overall, I am happy about it in current state, maybe if I crash, I will add Grizzla Front & Rear Bumper but hasn't get to that stage yet. S22 (non-Pro Batch 2) does require lots of extra money and love, but I still think it is a superior wheel compare to the Sherman S, EX30 or the V13 if consider all the aspect as a whole.

(Other than the stock factory sliders, my wheel hasn't gave me any issue. No bearing failure, no stator slip, and no cutout...)

Some tips:

• always check the linkage screws, they get loose easily and I doubt there's enough loctite from the factory.
  • add extra silicone around the motor cable gap on the MotherBoard.
  • The Velcro Scrap Mount for Guardian Angle Light can be mounted on the top end of the suspension outer linkage.
  • Street Tire in size 90/90 -14 work best on this wheel, 80/90 is doable, but gyro effect will be very noticeable (at least with Michelin tires)
  • Check POM rollers before installing them on the CNC slider, or get some Nylon66 Roller from NingNing.
  • Stock Shock isn't ideal. HighSpeed/LowSpeed-Compression/Rebound plays a big difference. Especially if u want plush feel without affecting aggressive riding style
  • Tape the top 3 screw holes that goes to the motherboard. One on front, 2 on the red bracket piece. Those can be rusted easily. Stock Seat also help prevent it a little.
  • I would recommend waterproof the power button as well (with some tape loosely cover it maybe)
  • I personally is against the idea of slipping pedals forward to have a easier acceleration, or setting the wheel to tilting forward 1-5 degree, which I see some folks do. Adding some pedal overlay on the front / rear of the pedal will provide the same feel, (think of it as the concave on the skateboard deck)
  • S22 can be fast charged to 12A at most, from what I researched, but the port GX16-5 only take 5A each, so fast charge at your own risk.
  • you can tape a AirTag tracker inside the front bumper

Disclaimer: I am not a professional on electric engineering, all the info are just from spending my own cash, experiencing it personally.

Would you say the E-Rides pedals are a noticable difference to the stock pedals? I've been looking at them (and the Nylonove version) since I bought the wheel, but it is quite a lot of money and I'm not sure what I would actually get from it. My feet never slip on the stock pedals, they only leave them on jumps/drops, and I can't see how different pedals would help with that - but if they do, please let me know.

@AKA_TY37, thanks for the great write up!

5 hours ago, AKA_TY37 said:

Street Tire in size 90/90 -14 work best on this wheel, 80/90 is doable, but gyro effect will be very noticeable (at least with Michelin tires)

Why would narrower tire cause more gyro effect? Usually it’s the other way around. Is the tire profile really that different?

On 4/17/2023 at 5:52 PM, mrelwood said:

@AKA_TY37, thanks for the great write up!

Why would narrower tire cause more gyro effect? Usually it’s the other way around. Is the tire profile really that different?

I am not sure the reason, but that's the feedback from all the riders that put 80/90-14. Maybe its cause on a wider rim, the tire stretches a little more to be too flat?

On 4/17/2023 at 3:39 PM, Weatherman159 said:

Would you say the E-Rides pedals are a noticable difference to the stock pedals? I've been looking at them (and the Nylonove version) since I bought the wheel, but it is quite a lot of money and I'm not sure what I would actually get from it. My feet never slip on the stock pedals, they only leave them on jumps/drops, and I can't see how different pedals would help with that - but if they do, please let me know.

So, I like the pedal length of the Nylonove pedals more, as it is longer on the front to help compensate the back heavy of the s22. But the spike on the NyloNove need to be replaced. Eride on the other hand offers actual MTB spikes, but is just like the Stock pedal position.

Both can't go wrong, and are huge upgrade to the stock pedals, mainly because: overlays, angle adjustment. If your feet left the stock pedal during jump/drop, its your pad setup mainly.

13 hours ago, AKA_TY37 said:

So, I like the pedal length of the Nylonove pedals more, as it is longer on the front to help compensate the back heavy of the s22. But the spike on the NyloNove need to be replaced. Eride on the other hand offers actual MTB spikes, but is just like the Stock pedal position.

Both can't go wrong, and are huge upgrade to the stock pedals, mainly because: overlays, angle adjustment. If your feet left the stock pedal during jump/drop, its your pad setup mainly.

Do the eRides pedals have angle adjustment? In the video where Marty was reviewing them, he had to shim them with strips of metal to get an adjusted angle...

• Like 1

Awesome guys, I wonder if this will fit the Pro motor as well, I know the Pro motor has different bearing size but maybe the oil seal has same lip size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Awesome guys, I wonder if this will fit the Pro motor as well, I know the Pro motor has different bearing size but maybe the oil seal has same lip size.

The ecodrift teardown stated that the seal dimensions had also increased on the Pro, so maybe @mrelwood would be gracious enough to amend his print for future S22 Pro owners to benefit too :thumbup:

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fbhb said:

The ecodrift teardown stated that the seal dimensions had also increased on the Pro, so maybe @mrelwood would be gracious enough to amend his print for future S22 Pro owners to benefit too :thumbup:

Doesn't mean that size of the lip on the seal changed. ;) I will check once I get mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Doesn't mean that size of the lip on the seal changed. ;) I will check once I get mine.

The inner diameter of 60mm has remained the same, it's the outer diameter that has increased so an amended version would still be applicable to fulfill it's purpose ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fbhb said:

The inner diameter of 60mm has remained the same, it's the outer diameter that has increased so an amended version would still be applicable to fulfill it's purpose ;)

Old motor has 60/74 mm seal , promotor has 60/75 mm 

If the lip stayd in same place it wouldnt matter but i dont know

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fbhb said:

maybe @mrelwood would be gracious enough to amend his print for future S22 Pro owners to benefit too :thumbup:

Sure! If I get my hands on exact measurements and a few good quality photos.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Sure! If I get my hands on exact measurements and a few good quality photos.

But is it necessary? The inner diameter of the seal hasn't changed, but that is where the contact seal is at (relative motion of surfaces). The seal at the out diameter is a static seal. The seal rotates with the side cover anyway. Why would it matter. Just apply silicone there to have a better seal anyway.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But is it necessary?

You’re right, it probably isn’t. But it is best if the height of the different parts of the original cover line up with the shapes of the printed cover for the best fit.

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2023 at 1:18 AM, Weatherman159 said:

Do the eRides pedals have angle adjustment? In the video where Marty was reviewing them, he had to shim them with strips of metal to get an adjusted angle...

Yes, they do.