Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

onkeldanuel

1 minute ago, supercurio said:

@Nick McCutcheon it feels like their testing is limited to some speed range, and only some pedal modes.

Otherwise it means they just release with the oscillation and don't care.
BTW I have a friend who has the same oscillations as you described on the Commander HS.

That's reassuring to hear, I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere else so it's good to know I wasn't overreacting. I'll see if I can mention this to Begode, though I'm not sure how they can verify their updates will fix it without going that fast. I wonder how they resolved the similar issue on the MPro 🤔

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

@GoGeorgeGo awesome to read again that you got the oscillation issue fixed.

You seem to have developed good a contact and relationship with them. Would you have suggestions to others experiencing oscillation issues on how to reach the right people at Begode?

I would start with your dealer. They will have a contact at begode who should be able to take the feedback and make adjustments. If your dealer is fighting for their customers i habe no doubt that begode will respond swiftly. Its obviously both unacceptable and outright dangerous to ride a wheel with faulty firmware behaviors. Your dealer should be able to swiftly have the issue addressed.

Thats only.if it is truely a firmware issue however and not a one off issue with your personal machine. The only reason i knew it was firmware related was because another ex20s owner in the wild was able to replicate the same reaction from the machine. Meaning it was not a one off thing but indeed a software glitch affecting all units. 

If these master oscillations effect more than just this single unit, i have no doubt it will be resolved in a matter of days, assuming its brought to their attention.

The problem with gotway is that they do not use youtube, they do not read the forumns, they are not on facebook. They do not see your criticisms or problems unless a dealer contacts them directly and pressures them to fix something. Inmotion and kongsong are much more cogniscent of their online presence and try to use that to their advantage

• Like 1

Actually looks decently waterproofed on first glance, a step up from the Hero.

Disconnecting power cables looks a bit tight, what's he doing at 1:25?

The part that holds the rear-light under the seat looks a bit fragile, will it hold up a rider sitting there?

Edited by Rawnei

When you compare the suspension sliders between the Master and the S20/22, there is simply no comparison. 

Also, compared to the older Gotway / Begode wheels' controller module / compartment, for example, T3, RS19, EX-N etc, what an improvement on the Master. So much more proper and clean.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, techyiam said:

When you compare the suspension sliders between the Master and the S20/22, there is simply no comparison. 

So are you saying that the suspension of the Master is better than the S20/22?

If so, are you saying it is better in terms of better performance, look, easy maintenance, or durability?

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

1 hour ago, Rolzi said:

This looks much better than I thought, and seems it would make maintenance simpler than anticipated.

Two concerns already:

Battery safety

Each pack is connected to the board via 3 wires, which looks like

• Positive
  • Negative
  • Charging?

So it either means that Begode learned nothing and kept ignoring @Jason McNeil / eWheels requests to make the BMS capable of talking to the mainboard, so a rider can be asked to stop if something goes wrong instead of destroying cells which may later catch fire.
Or Begode carries data over one of the wires on top of 134.4V output or charging voltage? (feasible but kind of unlikely)
Last option, the 3rd wire is for data and not charging, seems unlikely too.

Tire change

The video does not show the steps to change the tire.
Maybe there is a shortcut by disconnecting the motor wires from the control box, and following the removal of the packs which give a good access to the pedal hangers.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I heard back from Begode. The max charge rate for the Master is 10A which would be ~1340 watts! Equivalent of charging a 100v wheel at 13.4 amps! I think I'm going to pick up this charge to take with me when I want to go on long rides:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000494992858.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.88cc3c00e1h9c1&mp=1

10A charging is 2.5A per cell, and the Samsung 50E datasheet specifies its standard charge at 2,450mA
Alright then!

I have the 140V version of this charger here: works pretty well and excellent performance for the weight.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I think I'm going to pick up this charge to take with me when I want to go on long rides:

Pro tip: you will be very near the limit of a 'standard' 15A household circuit breaker all by yourself!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

Not sure what to think yet, feels like a mixed bag, a lot of plastic supportive parts directly under the seat, wonder if that will hold up in time or risk breaking from riding seated, the suspension sliders is just a metal rod in a metal tube, might need a lot of maintenance (?), hopefully there's an easier way to get the motor off instead of complete disassembly in case you need to change tire. Overall water or "rain" proofing of electronics seems decent, just hope the front and ear light are weatherproof also. Looking forward to reviews.

• Like 1

Such a departure from the GotWays I've worked on in the past. Seems much tidier and less slapped together, like the mechanical and electrical engineers actually talked to each other, ha!

It looks to me like it may be possible to just let the air out of the shock, unplug the motor, remove a few cable clamps, and remove the motor bolts (seem accessible even with the batteries in place) to drop the motor out for tire change. If so, that would be quite nice. May even be a joy to work on.

Hoping the main suspension slider housings have removeable/serviceable sleeve bushings, that would be good too, and much more robust than the S20/S22 implementation. Also, the headlight looks like it may have a teeny bit of adjustability! In all, excited to see what the early buyers think =)

Edited by redfoxdude

This indeed does not look half-bad at all! Especialy for Gotway.

I like how simple it is.

Some questions for those who know or can make an educated guess:

• I count only 12 mosfets, didn't they go with 18 on their latest wheels? I guess the higher voltage makes this possible?
  • Each battery is now directly connected to the board with a neat plug! No more sketchy soldered battery cable connections.
    Does this configuration imply anything about the batteries, or how the board manages the batteries? (The board "sees" 4 batteries now instead of one.)

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Not sure what to think yet, feels like a mixed bag, a lot of plastic supportive parts directly under the seat, wonder if that will hold up in time or risk breaking from riding seated, the suspension sliders is just a metal rod in a metal tube, might need a lot of maintenance (?), hopefully there's an easier way to get the motor off instead of complete disassembly in case you need to change tire.

@Rawnei we hopefully won't have to wait too long to hear about the Master's All round durability!

Chance Hinz posted on Facebook earlier this week that he has gotten his tracking number for a Samsung 50E version.

If any one can find the Master's construction weaknesses under tough riding, its Chance!

So it will be very, very interesting and telling to hear his feedback in due course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Some questions for those who know or can make an educated guess:

• I count only 12 mosfets, didn't they go with 18 on their latest wheels? I guess the higher voltage makes this possible?

It's advertised as 24 mosfets and while you only see 12, I think they are hiding underneath the 3 capacitors.  I can see the outline of them there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

It's advertised as 24 mosfets and while you only see 12, I think they are hiding underneath the 3 capacitors.  I can see the outline of them there.

Right you are. Now that you mentioned it, I can make out 6 evenly spaced rows of 4 mosfets each, but 3 rows are obscured by 3 large capacitors.