V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

54 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Looks easy to fix. Not!

26:32  omg ! What a brilliant design...  Btw;  he must be a surgeon or something in the "hospital" business:  the plier he uses looks like a Kelly plier,  designed and used to hold the needle when sewing a wound together.    The jaws of the pliers are coated with diamond dust to give a better hold on the needle.

Annotation 2022-07-04 011828.jpg

• Like 1

Nice: @Inmotion Global delivering boards without grinding low the pins so the chance of shortcut is high (min. 17:30). This might be one of the possible reasons why @adrianqbs’  and PET UK shortcuts happened! Thank you Kevin e-rides! I’m so grateful for the knowledge you share with us! You rock! 🤘🤘🤘

Edited by Paul g
  • Upvote 1

On 7/4/2022 at 1:24 AM, Freeforester said:

Looks easy to fix. Not!

How hard is to follow the video? - it's so simple and easy.. (Yeah.. if you don't like doing these kind of things - then yes. I'm 100% sure you would be afraid and would not know what to do..) :D It's more plug and play than you think - easy.

On 7/4/2022 at 2:31 AM, Robse said:

26:32  omg ! What a brilliant design...  Btw;  he must be a surgeon or something in the "hospital" business:  the plier he uses looks like a Kelly plier,  designed and used to hold the needle when sewing a wound together.    The jaws of the pliers are coated with diamond dust to give a better hold on the needle.

Annotation 2022-07-04 011828.jpg

What you don't have them at home? I got 3 different type of them. One for fishing - removing hooks. One with very-very long handle for my aquarium - feeding. And very similar like these in video - they are very useful if you need to "lock" something in place while holding... Pff get on my level. :D 

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2022 at 8:42 PM, Tawpie said:

so... :huh: holding that last bit of a roach isn't what those were designed for?

learn something new everyday. All hail the internet! 

I have five sizes of Kelly clamps for holding any size….er things.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Funky said:

How hard is to follow the video? - it's so simple and easy.. (Yeah.. if you don't like doing these kind of things - then yes. I'm 100% sure you would be afraid and would not know what to do..) :D It's more plug and play than you think - easy.

It’s super easy to follow, but that is not the point, to my mind it will be quite off putting to a number of existing owners, let alone new owners with less experience or confidence. Not being a user of this wheel it is merely of passing interest to myself,  but I got the firm impression that i) it is quite time consuming, ii) possibly a little stressful for those doing the changeover, and iii) quite possible to make the new board inoperable by a moment of incaution, whether grinding or cutting away excess solder, or reassembling the whole - in my view not perhaps an ideal starting point for a recently-invested-in new wheel owner to find themselves in.

• Like 3

Had a cutout yesterday, I filled the form.

Here's a summary:

• V12 HS batch 2, original board
  • dry flat dirt trail
  • 40/45kph
  • was at 74% battery at the start
  • was at 59% battery at the time of the crash
  • casual cruising, no strong acceleration
  • rode about 10km before it happened
  • the wheel has a total of 4250km (in 3 months)
  • I usually ride it pretty hard

So, it suddenly loss balance and I fell forward, sliding on my stomach for 5 meters.

The wheel was still on, and keeps working.

Only light injuries, and the wheel is intact.

I rode it today (not exceeding 30kph), and seems to work like any other day.

I will see to get a replacement board after all. I thought that it was ok after 4000km, but it seems not :)

• Like 3
  • Sad 13

On 7/4/2022 at 1:24 AM, Freeforester said:

Looks easy to fix. Not!

Haha. No doubt many new boards burned after such replacement. Screws on mosfets should tighten gently with hands. The lack of conductivity between mosfet body and radiator must be checked with tester.

On 6/27/2022 at 12:37 PM, Jeph said:

This one, as far as I am aware of, happened to WW only. It could be related to a bad unit, or some glitch in the gyroscope signal processing.

I did see an instagram video of Adam riding it up a tree. It was hugely impressive, as is Adams skill.  But, I did wonder if this may have upset the wheel in some way as I doubt Mr INMOTION had ever thought someone might try a spot of tree climbing with a V12…HT or otherwise!

Communication between EUC buyers and Inmotion is not transparent - but the video from e-Rides shows Inmotion was listening to good advice from someone, somewhere and Inmotion's choice deserves "thank you."   99.999% reliability in Manufacturing is a result of active choices..  If Inmotion changed the packaging because they listened to engineering we can hope Inmotion continues that kind of thinking.  

And 'thank you' e-Rides for good news through the video.

Edited by Cress
edit
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Freeforester said:

A better solution:

That's really cool though, my replacement just arrived a few days ago as well. Haven't had the time to open the package yet to see.

That's clear case does look pretty cool though. Much more interesting that the black one it originally came with. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, vBlitz said:

New cutout with replacement board. More details when I get out of the hospital ' broken arm. 30kmph

Surgery tomorrow 

That must hurt! But you say it like you would go to repair the front of your crashed car. It is great if you can be so cool 😎 😄

Really sorry man, prompt rétablissement!

Edited by Paul g
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, James M said:

Hi Everyone! I'm new to euc riding and love it very much. I purchased a v12hs with a replaced board from Eeves. They stated they preemptively replaced it before sending. I'd love to ask you guys if there's anything I can do to limit the possibility of a cutoff on my V12. I already intend to limit the speed to about 40kmh would greatly appreciate any advice any of you have including settings and safety advice. Thanks so much! 

If it's the new board you are good already.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

If it's the new board you are good already.

The new plates in my arm seems to say otherwise :(

unless if it's a faulty installation. I don't know yet. I'm still at the hospital.

Thanks for the kind words @Paul g

• Like 2