V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

6 hours ago, Paul g said:

And if it takes off under your feet with no reason, just like it happened twice to Adam Wrong Way?

This one, as far as I am aware of, happened to WW only. It could be related to a bad unit, or some glitch in the gyroscope signal processing.

1 hour ago, Jeph said:

This one, as far as I am aware of, happened to WW only. It could be related to a bad unit, or some glitch in the gyroscope signal processing.

Yes @Jeph, this unexpected sudden acceleration only happened to Adam, but, just saying, isn’t it strange these things happens only to the @Inmotion Global’ V12 lately? Strange cutouts, strange accelerations?

• Upvote 1

The important thing is to note that despite many units sold and in use (of all other brands),
then almost no one hears about the same problems with any other wheel on the market....
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Robse said:
The important thing is to note that despite many units sold and in use (of all other brands),
then almost no one hears about the same problems with any other wheel on the market....

agree its rare that wheels from diff vendors have exact same problems. however all vendors wheels do have issues. in regards to the v12, not hearing of any major systemic problems after the new boards have been installed. i think at this point would recommend the v12 to friends

Edited by evans036
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Paul g said:

isn’t it strange these things happens only to the @Inmotion Global’ V12 lately?

I don't know, the thing is that the V12 with its HT version is currently under the microscope so almost nothing escapes from our knowledge but I wouldn't conclude that this wheel has more issues or is less safe than any other wheel.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, jimjam.nyc said:

and this last one where the person was doing a high stress move. 

It most certainly could have been an overheating of the wheel. 

@jimjam.nyc if this V12 was a HS version I would probably had a more lenient answer, but keep in mind: this happened to a HT version. 

I agree that the more new V12s are received and used by people, the more we will find out about them. We must remember it past a while until the original V12 problems started to come to light one by one, and now the V12 HT only started being received by customers.

I even decided when I’ll be back to the UK to replace the burned driver board with the new one and test it, for science sake! I must be a little bit crazy 😛 . At first I was reticent about doing it since I’ve never replaced a drive board before, and because others who had plenty of experience have had bad results with it, but I plan to subject it to some tough tests before I’ll take it on more casual riding. I’ll keep everybody to date with all that will happen.

On 6/27/2022 at 11:42 PM, Jeph said:

I don't know, the thing is that the V12 with its HT version is currently under the microscope so almost nothing escapes from our knowledge but I wouldn't conclude that this wheel has more issues or is less safe than any other wheel.

Ok, tell me a new or old HT wheel that faints after doing some pendulum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Quick question: How does the V12 power off? Long press or quick press? I was looking at V12 video where they take it apart and noticed it has "built in" power button thingy on shell. While riding it can't get pressed somehow? Even quick press while riding? Can't it mess the wheel up somehow?

Also the "screen" has those pins - Can't they also mess the wheel up somehow? If they get pressed 100x times a minute while riding? They should give somewhat response to wheel.

Just my 0.2cents. :D 

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Quick question: How does the V12 power off? Long press or quick press? I was looking at V12 video where they take it apart and noticed it has "built in" power button thingy on shell. While riding it can't get pressed somehow? Even quick press while riding? Can't it mess the wheel up somehow?

Also the "screen" has those pins - Can't they also mess the wheel up somehow? If they get pressed 100x times a minute while riding? They should give somewhat response to wheel.

Just my 0.2cents. :D 

Long press to power-on or power-off. Once on, short press to cycle through the headlight options: low beam, high beam, then both, and finally off for both. You can short press to turn to change headlight options while riding.

I am not following the rest of your questions. 

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Long press to power-on or power-off. Once on, short press to cycle through the headlight options: low beam, high beam, then both, and finally off for both. You can short press to turn to change headlight options while riding.

I am not following the rest of your questions. 

I was just trying to say maybe while "riding" the screen/power button gets pressed because of road bumps = messing with wheel.. That also could make the V12 cutout seemingly from nothing.

45 minutes ago, Funky said:

I was just trying to say maybe while "riding" the screen/power button gets pressed because of road bumps = messing with wheel.. That also could make the V12 cutout seemingly from nothing.

Thank you for your elaboration.  I have actually done just that except it only affected the headlight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

once wheel is in motion, power button is disabled. ie you cannot power down wheel whilst it is in motion

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, evans036 said:

once wheel is in motion, power button is disabled. ie you cannot power down wheel whilst it is in motion

But input of the press still is "felt" by the wheel - Deep down it may be problematic. 1 in 1000 presses maybe something happens. You can't be 100% sure..

Same for those under screen "pins" sorting themselves out. (Even if they don't..) There's still chance of something going high-wire.

And that's how the cutout happens.. 1 in 1000 (Or even 1 in 10000) times something happens and wheel turns off.

People need to look at the smallest possible problems also. Something simple - right in front of their noses, turning these wheels off.

Same as wire gauge thicker/thinner makes signal noise. Making wheel go @Funky. :D 

Edited by Funky

10 minutes ago, RArtem said:

Only thing that worries me with new board is temperature. It is much hotter, than old one.

Outside temperature is about 30C.

image.png.7389e2a5b0adf2dba1b4ec70713ae81f.png

image.png.308a8fb649c875b3c4e9147d81b0934a.png

Mine Def runs quite a bit hotter as well. I triggered the default eucworld heat alarm for the first time ever yest. 

Apparently it's normal as this board runs hotter and the heat sensor is moved on the board.

Not sure how hot these can get safely, I would hope the wheel will warn you if it's an issue.

I did raise my eucworld up from 140f to 150f. I was going to keep an eye on it and set it accordingly.

So far the wheel itself hasn't barked at me for the temp.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Mine Def runs quite a bit hotter as well.

This is not surprising, the higher voltage MOSFETs also came with twice the 'on' resistance of the 100V parts so they're going to heat up more. It's part of the balancing act when picking parts and may have factored into the original decision. Now that IM is delivering replacements already connected to the heat sink, you shouldn't have to worry about you messing up that important installation detail.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Now that IM is delivering replacements already connected to the heat sink, you shouldn't have to worry about you messing up that important installation detail.

Heheh my lack of patience didn't pay off since I had to do that part myself. I am feeling more confident that I did it correctly. I can see the Temps quickly go down once the stress is off. There really is no other heat dissapation in that case other than the heatsync. 

Had an interesting occurrence on my V12 today.

Original board, I ran the "spin test" the day they announced it and passed.  Been waiting on EUCO to fulfill a replacement board, but have been riding armored up just in case, and nary an issue so far, till today.  Approx 350 miles on the wheel.  Had 1 ~10 mph crash last Sunday when my pedal tagged a rock and spit me off, but no fault of the wheel, it kept chugging after dusting myself off and checking for busted pieces of me and the wheel, finished the last 5 miles of that ride no problems.

I distinctly remember seeing the display on (lit up showing speed/remaining miles et) immediately upon leaving for my ride, as I remember checking 100% charge.  I had powered it up and connected EUC World and ridden off well before the 10 minute "auto off" could occur.

About 1 mile from the house, I glanced down and noticed the display was dark.  I didn't think anything about it, as I'd been messing with settings the day before and thought perhaps I'd set the display timeout to darken the display after "x" time with no touch (tho I was pretty sure I hadn't toggled that option, but hey, I'm old, figured I'd forgot).

About 2 miles into the ride, I came to an intersection and slowed gently to a stop at a traffic light in preparation of pushing the cross-walk button, and did a tiny pendulum before dismounting to wait for the light.  As I stepped off, the unicycle shut off in my hand and tilted left, completely off.  I immediately hit the power button, and it came right back on and was 100% normal for the rest of the 24(ish total) mile ride.  The option to shut off the display was off (set to leave the display on).  The display stayed lit for the remainder of the ride (I checked VERY often during the balance of the ride).

Tl;dr, had a random dark screen shortly into the ride, came to the first stop of the ride and the V12 shut off.  Turned back on, all was normal for the next 2 hours/~22 miles and multiple stops (without shutting it down).

Needless to say, I'll pay attention on the next (hell all the next) ride(s) and see if this re-occurs.

I "think" I had logging enabled on EUC World, I'll dig into that and see what I see (haven't ever looked at said logs, so here's hoping' I know what to look for).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, conecones said:

Exact thing happened to me as well. See this post. It was the last straw for me to stop riding the V12 on the original board.

I knew I'd seen that somewhere, thanks for linking that. 

Weird as hell, right?  Almost like the wheel went into a safe mode of sorts, that let it keep going until stopped, then total off.  I had no other issues, no "please fix" or any warnings, just off...then on and no problems.

'Thank you' @WillCO for posting your odd experience with the V12, above.   We can hope that reporting EUC behavior is a helpful part of the process that develops and evolves  EUCs.    EUC manufacturers do not do technical reviews at stages, design - through - production.   EUC Manufacturing allows riders to discover the errors.  Posting EUC failures and anomalies contributes to Manufacturers' learning why technical reviews are 'standard practice' that keeps airplanes flying, cars driving and so-on. 

We are collecing material for the book.  In 10 years we'll show everybody 'the way it was.'   :)

Edited by Cress
/