V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

I just saw a screenshot of a chat with a well known EUC retailerthat said v12 FET issues are approaching 10% of wheels sold. Is posting something like that OK or could it impact the retailer's relationship with the manufacturer? 

~~~

@monkeytacos @Gixxer if you guys get the info you want from anyone, DM me and I'll add it to the sheet. If you're highly motivated to get lots of info, lmk and I'll make you an editor of the sheet.

Edited by Richardo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Richardo said:

I just saw a screenshot of a chat with a well known EUC retailerthat said v12 FET issues are approaching 10% of wheels sold. Is posting something like that OK or could it impact the retailer's relationship with the manufacturer? 

~~~

@monkeytacos @Gixxer if you guys get the info you want from anyone, DM me and I'll add it to the sheet. If you're highly motivated to get lots of info, lmk and I'll make you an editor of the sheet.

It is their job to put their costumers interest on the first place imo. E-rides and Speedy Feet owners ( retailers in UK ) are riders of EUCs themselves and if they hear from their costumers complains about a EUC, they immediately put it on YouTube. It would be weird not to do so. They are also the first to test and open the wheels.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gixxer said:

Put me down for 70% battery. Batch 2. E wheels. Blown MOSFETs. High speed. Small bump triggered it. Latest firmware. 50f temp.

What is your current mileage on the V12?

1 hour ago, Gixxer said:

Well this thread is cursed.
Put me down for 70% battery. Batch 2. E wheels. Blown MOSFETs. High speed. Small bump triggered it. Latest firmware. 50f temp. 
Written from the er waiting room.....

So sorry, hope you'll be okay.
1.5.4 firmware?
Latest might depend with the current rollout status on iOS / Android apps.

Edited by supercurio

3 hours ago, Gixxer said:

man, that sucks, hope for a quick recovery/minimal injuries. was really hoping this was kept to a very low speed issue, hate hearing about these high speed cutouts. 

1 hour ago, wheel-life said:

man, that sucks, hope for a quick recovery/minimal injuries. was really hoping this was kept to a very low speed issue, hate hearing about these high speed cutouts. 

3 deep tissue stitches, 9 surface stitches and a  fractured radius styloid. Wearing full motorcycle gear and a full face. I think I'm getting a full set of leathers and some external knee pads. 

That way I slide rather then grind. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gixxer said:

3 deep tissue stitches, 9 surface stitches and a  fractured radius styloid. Wearing full motorcycle gear and a full face. I think I'm getting a full set of leathers and some external knee pads. 

Oh damn. You didn't get off easy.
Gloves with built-in wrist guards are always welcome. Serious elbow and shoulder pads as well to avoid fracturing arm and shoulders (I learned that the hard way with lacking elbow pads)

I wish you to recover fully from all that in good time.

Please insist on having Inmotion leverage this black box thing that was talked about extracting full data from incidents. Let us know how eWheels and Inmotion handles this case.
I'm concerned to hear on previous reports that the black-box data was ignored.

I personally think there should be an announcement or warning sent to the customers at this point, which at the very minimum suggest owners to avoid riding their V12 until the root cause(s) was/were identified, and fix deployed, or possibly organize some kind of recall if necessary.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gixxer said:

jesus, that's not what i had in mind for minimal injuries. i guess relatively speaking it could have been so much worse w/o gear but ouch, sorry man. 

• Like 2

This is damn concerning! I thought there might be issues going to 100v for the first time, but since 100v wheels have been around a long time I brushed that concern off, especially with inmotion being so safety focused.

I wish every one fast recovery!

@Gixxer I've gone down on sportbikes at pretty high speed at the track and been fine, I've also bin'd it on my dirt bike at 35mph and broke my sternum, arm, scapula, exploded a collar bone so bad pieces of it ended up hanging out with the broken scapula and also broke my shoulder. 

I hope you get back to 99% soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flying W said:

This is damn concerning! I thought there might be issues going to 100v for the first time, but since 100v wheels have been around a long time I brushed that concern off, especially with inmotion being so safety focused.

I wish every one fast recovery!

@Gixxer I've gone down on sportbikes at pretty high speed at the track and been fine, I've also bin'd it on my dirt bike at 35mph and broke my sternum, arm, scapula, exploded a collar bone so bad pieces of it ended up hanging out with the broken scapula and also broke my shoulder. 

I hope you get back to 99% soon!

Many EUC crashes do not compare to MC high speed race track crashes. When an EUC cuts out or die the rider tend to be on a forward rotation down into the ground or at lease you latiture speed isn't high enough to slide of the energy in same way. If you are braking at the time it can land you hard on the back or neck area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Many EUC crashes do not compare to MC high speed race track crashes. When an EUC cuts out or die the rider tend to be on a forward rotation down into the ground or at lease you latiture speed isn't high enough to slide of the energy in same way. If you are braking at the time it can land you hard on the back or neck area. 

Ah I was going to look into what gear motocross riders wear since they seem to be the closest. If you could dm me any gear you'd recommend I'd really appreciate it! Don't want to pull the thread too off topic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gixxer said:

Ah I was going to look into what gear motocross riders wear since they seem to be the closest.

One big difference though: MX riders crash on dirt, EUC riders mostly on pavement where the ability to slide is crucial.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

One big difference though: MX riders crash on dirt, EUC riders mostly on pavement where the ability to slide is crucial.

They usually put a jersey over the armour, which is what we should avoid doing. But we would end up looking like some star wars soldiers. Personally I only miss some mx boots, but they’re quite expensive, and some proper, long, wrist guards, I own shitty ones at the moment. Edit: I also noticed my elbow protection on my leatt 6.5  is not really gonna protect me, as it will, most probably, slide from its place, and it is quite narrow. We need something that wraps around the arm.

Edited by Paul g
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 11:24 PM, Gixxer said:

Hi dude, just curious. What was the approximate speed before you hit the bump?