V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

New York population is approximately 20 million in metropolitan area.

Shanghai population is approximately 25 million.

Shanghai's Covid lockdown began on April 5, just ended on June 1, approximately 2 months.

All 25 million in Shanghai were lock downed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello all.  Like some others have stated; I pre-ordered a V12 HS almost 2 months ago. This will be my FIRST EUC. I have not had any concerns until now, with all the talk about the new Replacement boards still having issues.  My EUC is at a port in LA waiting to be unloaded and shipped to EWheels and than to me.  Do you think that I should be concerned about it having the same failures? I am also confused if the consensus is that both HT and HS will have the same problems still or is it just mainly the HS? Should I change my order to a HT? Any feedback will be appreciated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robert RFI said:

Hello all.  Like some others have stated; I pre-ordered a V12 HS almost 2 months ago. This will be my FIRST EUC. I have not had any concerns until now, with all the talk about the new Replacement boards still having issues.  My EUC is at a port in LA waiting to be unloaded and shipped to EWheels and than to me.  Do you think that I should be concerned about it having the same failures? I am also confused if the consensus is that both HT and HS will have the same problems still or is it just mainly the HS? Should I change my order to a HT? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Hi, @Robert RFI,and welcome! I think nobody knows exactly what is going on with the new V12 HS. There are few reported issues with the few V12 HT (the star of the show), which is concerning and with the replacement board for the old V12 HS. About the NEW V12 HS nobody knows much ( with the new 125V driving board). You will be probably among the first people to receive the NEW V12 HS. We will know more as more people will start riding it. I advise you if you receive the V12, HS or HT to treat it like an unknown, take full gear on and be prepared for the unexpected. Consider if you will be able to handle a crash. If not, maybe would be a better idea to cancel and buy something that is more safe and predictable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Percentage of new boards cutting out might be data that will be provided by the people currently riding on the new boards.

The guinea pigs.

I haven't seen an actual case of anyone with new board that failed? Some botched installations sure and one who got a brand new V12 who failed from factory, but can you point towards the cases where someone swapped board for it to later fail during riding?

25 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The post is illustrating that the boards are new.

The data for failure rate would be incoming in over the next few weeks, months, from the people riding on them now.

So you are assuming.

The post is highlighting that there might not be data yet on failure rates, as the boards are new.

Failures may or may not eventuate in the coming weeks and months.

Member evans036 was inquiring about the percentage of failures in the new boards.

Not sure how to further explain to make it any clearer....

9 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The post is highlighting that there might not be data yet on failure rates, as the boards are new.

Failures may or may not eventuate in the coming weeks and months.

Member evans036 was inquiring about the percentage of failures in the new boards.

Not sure how to further explain to make it any clearer....

Ok then maybe I misunderstood you, I think it's clearer if you quote the person you are replying to.

• Like 1

I repeat my question though to everyone, has anyone seen an actual case of V12 new board failure? One where replacement of old board was successful but later it stopped working?

9 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I repeat my question though to everyone, has anyone seen an actual case of V12 new board failure? One where replacement of old board was successful but later it stopped working?

• Mrd777 Mentor
  • Full Members

Mrd777

Posted Thursday at 07:13 PM

Super sad as I just spent hours installing my new board to my v12 and it failed, I worked meticulously installing it too.  I did notice after screwing in the mosfets I was getting conductivity on several screws, so I used the new screws provided, and reapplied the thermal ribbon and that solved that issue.  I turned the wheel on and heard a very light pop and the wheel balanced with no lcd screen for a minute… that was it.  When I turned it on again there is nothing. I will take it apart next week and diagnose the problem when I’m back in the studio. Super disappointed.

Posted Thursday at 10:30 PM

Yes well aware, I adjusted this and checked three times each screw with a multimeter. I made sure there was complete isolation before installing. I know what I was doing as I used to build battery packs and ebikes, I was confident on my work…  I’ll find out what happened, and install my old board if everything checks out. Let’s see

Posted Friday at 08:49 AM

Just in update, I took the V12 apart and tested the mosfets and reinstalled it all over again. Im certainly getting better at it, However it’s still a process. Turned the wheel on and it balances, however if I lift it up for speed it’s very jerky. No lcd screen, no sounds, no lights no Bluetooth. I’m pretty sure I got a dud controller.
I’m waiting for Ewheels to get back to me.. I’m done I want to ship it to Inmotion or Ewheels for a fix. Tired of this nonsense.

Edited by Paul A

Just now, Paul A said:

• Mrd777 Mentor
  • Full Members

Posted Thursday at 07:13 PM

Super sad as I just spent hours installing my new board to my v12 and it failed, I worked meticulously installing it too.  I did notice after screwing in the mosfets I was getting conductivity on several screws, so I used the new screws provided, and reapplied the thermal ribbon and that solved that issue.  I turned the wheel on and heard a very light pop and the wheel balanced with no lcd screen for a minute… that was it.  When I turned it on again there is nothing. I will take it apart next week and diagnose the problem when I’m back in the studio. Super disappointed.

Posted Thursday at 10:30 PM

Yes well aware, I adjusted this and checked three times each screw with a multimeter. I made sure there was complete isolation before installing. I know what I was doing as I used to build battery packs and ebikes, I was confident on my work…  I’ll find out what happened, and install my old board if everything checks out. Let’s see

Posted Friday at 08:49 AM

Just in update, I took the V12 apart and tested the mosfets and reinstalled it all over again. Im certainly getting better at it, However it’s still a process. Turned the wheel on and it balances, however if I lift it up for speed it’s very jerky. No lcd screen, no sounds, no lights no Bluetooth. I’m pretty sure I got a dud controller.
I’m waiting for Ewheels to get back to me.. I’m done I want to ship it to Inmotion or Ewheels for a fix. Tired of this nonsense.

Yeah but that is an installation that failed, not a board that failed while riding after successful installation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Update

I have done three installs, two with the new board, and now with the old board. Wheel is dead. No power, nothing...

Something must have damaged the slave board during my first install (guessing).  Its been huge work, and Im done playing with it.  Its been every bit of two full days doing the the installs.  I contacted ewheels and waiting to hear back. I want Inmotion to take responsibility and fix the wheel for me.  

Edited by Mrd777
  • Sad 5

6 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Update

I have done three installs, two with the new board, and now with the old board. Wheel is dead. No power, nothing...

Something must have damaged the slave board during my first install (guessing).  Its been huge work, and Im done playing with it.  Its been every bit of two full days doing the the installs.  I contacted wheels and waiting to hear back. I want Inmotion to take responsibility and fix the wheel for me.  

Was it not an option to get it fixed by reseller?

48 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Was it not an option to get it fixed by reseller?

Not that I knew about, I didn't mind doing the job, as I have changed a tire on it and was familiar with the wheel... however this whole process has been a nightmare, not to mention @Inmotion Global using 100v rated mosfets on a 100v wheel.

Hopefully I get a solid answer from Ewheels, as their customer service is second to none. My wheel only had a couple of hundred miles on it.

13 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Not that I knew about, I didn't mind doing the job, as I have changed a tire on it and was familiar with the wheel... however this whole process has been a nightmare, not to mention @Inmotion Global using 100v rated mosfets on a 100v wheel.

Hopefully I get a solid answer from Ewheels, as their customer service is second to none. My wheel only had a couple of hundred miles on it.

the email i got from ewheels about receipt of the new boards said i could send the wheel in for repair as an option. i opted to do it myself.

23 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I also would have been mad. If my new wheel would not work as it should.. Even worse is that inmotion continues to sell these crap v11, v12 that aren't fixed..

How no one have not sued the company???(Even if they are in china or where ever.. Someone could sue them.) It's know issue - the company it self said so.. If people get hurt, while riding these "broken" euc's. It's really company fault, because they sold these "broken" wheels.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, rolis said:

This might not be the issue, but the V12 is a pretty complex build and it´s a bad idea letting the final consumer have a go at it.

Wise words indeed :thumbup:

• Upvote 1