V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

1 hour ago, mlau said:

decelerating

Sorry to hear your mishap.

Could you please state if you are using the split mode or not. Thanks.

I have stayed away from it from day one because I do tricks. (I NEED symmetry)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mlau said:

Good Day,

Last weeked I crashed my V12(HS) at 43km/h in what feels to me like the cutouts that are described here.  At least I can't find another explanation:

I was travelling on level paved road, no bumps, holes or other obstacles on it, going 43km/h (while slowly decelerating from ~50), and without any warning I was thrown off.

Wheel is newest batch (delivered  end of July 2022), with the updated driver board already.  (166km total, 60% battery at crash, fancy+offroad mode, it still works fine, but in the crash the rim was damaged pretty hard).

I had wheellog logging the trip, and at the time of the crash, the sensor data says that I was suddenly leaning forward 10 degress as was going 90km/h (from 43 to 90 in 0.4seconds!) of course it then decided it cannot keep this state up and shut down power to motor.  It's a bit like the crashes that the youtube channel "WrongWay" experienced, but I landed on my face instead.

Safe trips,

mlau

Could it be that what we witness here is a chip (computational) error?  

22 hours ago, pico said:

Sorry to hear your mishap.

Could you please state if you are using the split mode or not. Thanks.

I have stayed away from it from day one because I do tricks. (I NEED symmetry)

No, split mode was off.  I tried it but it didn't feel right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul g said:

Could it be that what we witness here is a chip (computational) error?  

Or a sensor (gyro, speed) error, which led to a computed state that was unsustainable and therefore it shut off.

speedy feet have opened a ticket with inmotion, but I haven't received any worthwile response yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My board was replaced in the spring, and my wheel just bricked on me today. I was riding a moderate incline on a gravel trail. I had been riding some steeper than usual paths 10-20 minutes prior. Won't turn on, lots of resistance in the wheel. I was going 15-20 kph most likely at the time.

• Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

My board was replaced in the spring, and my wheel just bricked on me today. I was riding a moderate incline on a gravel trail. I had been riding some steeper than usual paths 10-20 minutes prior. Won't turn on, lots of resistance in the wheel. I was going 15-20 kph most likely at the time.

If possible, try to get checked whether any of the mosfet mounting tabs was grounded to the heatsink.

If you have bought it from EEVEES, what did they say?

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

If possible, try to get checked whether any of the mosfet mounting tabs was grounded to the heatsink.

If you have bought it from EEVEES, what did they say?

This just happened today, so I haven't taken it in yet. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hoping some of you can help me out.   If you have a v12 HS with a confirmed "upgraded" driver board with the stronger mosfets,  could you let me know your driver board's version number? You can find it on the "About Vehicle" screen.  I'm curious if the driver board in my v12 (shown below) is the updated version - all I know (based on the QC stamp in the instruction booklet) is that my unit was manufactured on April 11th, 2022, but I'm not sure if Inmotion had started to build "fixed" units quite yet.  From my research on this forum, it seems that the April 11th manufacturing date is cutting it close.  Given the risk and time involved in opening up my unit just to visually check the board, I'm hoping the version number alone can help me get to the bottom of this.

p.jpeg

Edited by txwheel
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, txwheel said:

Hoping some of you can help me out.   If you have a v12 HS with a confirmed "upgraded" driver board with the stronger mosfets,  could you let me know your driver board's version number? You can find it on the "About Vehicle" screen.  I'm curious if the driver board in my v12 (shown below) is the updated version - all I know (based on the QC stamp in the instruction booklet) is that my unit was manufactured on April 11th, 2022, but I'm not sure if Inmotion had started to build "fixed" units quite yet.  From my research on this forum, it seems that the April 11th manufacturing date is cutting it close.  Given the risk and time involved in opening up my unit just to visually check the board, I'm hoping the version number alone can help me get to the bottom of this.

My V12 driver board is the same version as yours. I installed it a few months ago.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, txwheel said:

p.jpeg

I think this may just be the version of the firmware on the driver board. I could be wrong, but this number may change and/or be the same as the one on the old board. 

All of this being said, i believe inmotion stopped shipping with the older boards, so you should be good. 

I think the only way you may be able to check that you have the new board is by physical inspection. 

If you are concerned you can probably contact inmotion support to confirm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/29/2022 at 3:45 PM, mlau said:

Good Day,

Last weeked I crashed my V12(HS) at 43km/h in what feels to me like the cutouts that are described here.  At least I can't find another explanation:

I was travelling on level paved road, no bumps, holes or other obstacles on it, going 43km/h (while slowly decelerating from ~50), and without any warning I was thrown off.

Wheel is newest batch (delivered  end of July 2022), with the updated driver board already.  (166km total, 60% battery at crash, fancy+offroad mode, it still works fine, but in the crash the rim was damaged pretty hard).

I had wheellog logging the trip, and at the time of the crash, the sensor data says that I was suddenly leaning forward 10 degress as was going 90km/h (from 43 to 90 in 0.4seconds!) of course it then decided it cannot keep this state up and shut down power to motor.  It's a bit like the crashes that the youtube channel "WrongWay" experienced, but I landed on my face instead.

Safe trips,

mlau

EDIT: to clarify, I wasn't actively braking, just going along to road, and speed decreased while riding.    Split mode was off.

Similar issue (acceleration, level of battery and millage) but in my case split mode was on :

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/15/2022 at 2:36 PM, Vichtak said:

Similar issue (acceleration, level of battery and millage) but in my case split mode was on :

Sorry to hear that! I hope you weren't injured!

I certainly believe that either the gyrosensor sometimes gives bad readings, or the firmware does no quick plausibility check of the data received (from the sensor or the STM32-clones' i2c/spi interfaces the sensor is attached to...)
If I'd design such a vehicle, I'd put at least 3 gyro sensors in, attached to different serial interfaces just to be rule out a bad one early, the sensors aren't that expensive (low 2 digits $).

It's also curious that it happened around 60% battery charge  (me, you, wrongway).

Edited by mlau
  • Like 1

My first cutout was also at 59% battery. No bips, no alarm, still functional afterward.

PS: After 4 months, I still don't know the cause of the fried board, it's lawyer & insurance battle for now <_<

Edited by vBlitz
ps
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 5:42 PM, CaptainKBLS said:

My V12 is on the way.  Is the cutoff problem still around?

I didn't read everything.

If you bought a brand new V12 from a reputable dealer, highly unlikely. It has been quite a few months since production has switched over to the new driver board. Plus replacement driver boards were free from Inmotion. Even really old stock shouldn't have cutout problems. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 3:45 PM, mlau said:

the sensor data says that I was suddenly leaning forward 10 degress as was going 90km/h (from 43 to 90 in 0.4seconds!)

that was probably only after you had separated from the wheel, which then spun out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlau said:

There's a distinct 2nd, lower, power spike for that:

0lvaTNj.jpg

I'd still suspect that you lost the wheel (or the wheel lost you, depending on the view point) at the highest power peak around 20:24:23.

Were you "thrown off" in front of the wheel or behind? Did you recognize the pedals dipping forward?

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mono said:

I'd still suspect that you lost the wheel (or the wheel lost you, depending on the view point) at the highest power peak around 20:24:23.

Were you "thrown off" in front of the wheel or behind? Did you recognize the pedals dipping forward?

I was thrown forward; all I remember is that the wheel just stopped powering the motor, no sudden acceleration.
The driver board still works, I've repaired and ridden the wheel another 60km since the crash.
That's why I'm inclined to think there's still an unresolved firmware or sensor issue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mlau said:

I was thrown forward; all I remember is that the wheel just stopped powering the motor, no sudden acceleration.

Do you by any chance remember what happened at the peak around 20:24:11, about 22 seconds before the accident?

5 hours ago, mlau said:

The driver board still works, I've repaired and ridden the wheel another 60km since the crash.
That's why I'm inclined to think there's still an unresolved firmware or sensor issue.

If you have the chance, it would be pretty useful to zoom into the time span between 20:24:22 and 20:24:24 to maybe get a much better idea of cause and effect.

7 hours ago, Mono said:

Do you by any chance remember what happened at the peak around 20:24:11, about 22 seconds before the accident?

Sorry, no.

4 hours ago, Mono said:

If you have the chance, it would be pretty useful to zoom into the time span between 20:24:22 and 20:24:24 to maybe get a much better idea of cause and effect.

Grab an edited version of the wheellog csv below; the interesting parts start at line 593

Edit: at that time, I had set the pedal tilt (don't know the exact name of this setting) to +1 degree forward. otherwise I always felt like I'm falling backwards...

2022_08_21_20_14_42.csv

Edited by mlau
attached file
  • Like 1