INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

4 minutes ago, Paul g said:

The failed board I know about was installed by technicians, not by amateurs, just in case you want to know this detail.

technicians can make mistakes too. Especially if they have a crap ton of repairs to do.. not only on these v12's but other paying customers as well. 

I am not saying it was a mistake or the techs fault. but it would be really hard to know until more get repaired and are being ridden properly for some time. 

As much as i am furious with this situation, we have to try and filter out the noise if we ever want to get our money's worth for this thing.. 

• Upvote 1

Does anybody knows how many other wheels with the board newly changed happened to have burned mosfets after initially working for a while-not failing immediately after installation?

6 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

technicians can make mistakes too. Especially if they have a crap ton of repairs to do.. not only on these v12's but other paying customers as well. 

I am not saying it was a mistake or the techs fault. but it would be really hard to know until more get repaired and are being ridden properly for some time. 

As much as i am furious with this situation, we have to try and filter out the noise if we ever want to get our money's worth for this thing.. 

@jimjam.nyc I’m also interested in what will happen with other wheels with the 150V mosfets. But InMotion has already put a stop to the installation for them to do more checks (as far as I know). In my opinion this checks should have already been done before sending them to the retailers.

So maybe I am just more sensitive to the wheel after riding it since Jan, but it seems that ever since I passed 1000 miles on the V12, I can feel the pedals moving around three degrees forward or back when going up or down (respectively) hills. When going downhill, it can tilt back so much I can see the headlight pointing up at me. This happens at slow speeds as well as cruising at around 25 mph. I am getting used to it now, but is there a setting to turn this off, or to tune it down a bit? 

2 hours ago, tombo said:

So maybe I am just more sensitive to the wheel after riding it since Jan, but it seems that ever since I passed 1000 miles on the V12, I can feel the pedals moving around three degrees forward or back when going up or down (respectively) hills. When going downhill, it can tilt back so much I can see the headlight pointing up at me. This happens at slow speeds as well as cruising at around 25 mph. I am getting used to it now, but is there a setting to turn this off, or to tune it down a bit? 

Does the Pedal sensitivity adjustment affect that behavior?

Edited by mrelwood

2 hours ago, tombo said:

i had similar behavior after replacing my driver board with the 150v mosfet driver board. recalibrating the wheel solved most of it for me.

good luck,

steve

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey everybody, for those that are not on the v12 cutout thread.

We got some news regarding my weird behaving v12.

Inmotion claims that it needs a new driver board, that's the blue one on the right. That should mean that the new main board should be completely fine. I will get it probably next week and give you a final update on this once I have it installed and tested.

image.thumb.jpeg.d3a71def546243928e2027353cf04008.jpeg

• Like 1

So I've been riding the V12 with the new board for maybe 30km so far, in terms of driving itself the wheel behaves well, especially after the calibration.

However, not all is good, as someone else mentioned earlier, the wheel won't keep settings related to split riding mode at all. They seem to constantly reset to default value every time the wheel is turned off and on. I wonder if that's an issue for everyone with the new boards? (all the diagnostics shows the wheel is working fine too)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skedra said:

So I've been riding the V12 with the new board for maybe 30km so far, in terms of driving itself the wheel behaves well, especially after the calibration.

However, not all is good, as someone else mentioned earlier, the wheel won't keep settings related to split riding mode at all. They seem to constantly reset to default value every time the wheel is turned off and on. I wonder if that's an issue for everyone with the new boards? (all the diagnostics shows the wheel is working fine too)

this is not an issue for me. all settings (set either via wheel directly or android app) are sticking as expected and i have the new driver board

2 hours ago, skedra said:

I can also confirm that my configuration settings are persisting properly following my controller replacement. Settings made via the screen or the EUC Word app are enabled and retained across power cycles. I would also suspect (but can't definitively say) that the customization logic is managed and maintained by the upper main board rather than by the motor controller board. Having previously replaced the main board to solve an issue with my automatic headlight, I noticed that my settings, serial number, mileage stats, etc. changed/disappeared--presumably because that nonvolatile memory is on the upper board. 

1 hour ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

Driver board is on the left, main (PMIC) on the right :)

image.png.31261a0d8b713db11f9691fcbec01529.png

This is the info I got.

Edited by rolis

53 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

So except for @rolis unlucky case with a brand new V12 are there any other known cases of new board failure?

I very much hope so. I know of another v12 with the same/simmilar problem, but hopefully a new board will solve this.

2 hours ago, Jeff Earl said:

I can also confirm that my configuration settings are persisting properly following my controller replacement. Settings made via the screen or the EUC Word app are enabled and retained across power cycles. I would also suspect (but can't definitively say) that the customization logic is managed and maintained by the upper main board rather than by the motor controller board. Having previously replaced the main board to solve an issue with my automatic headlight, I noticed that my settings, serial number, mileage stats, etc. changed/disappeared--presumably because that nonvolatile memory is on the upper board. 

Interesting. Wonder what it is then, I just checked and it seems like the settings reset pretty much after 1min of wheel being off for me. Got a video and it's going to inmotion so we shall see what they say 

1 hour ago, skedra said:

the settings reset pretty much after 1min of wheel being off for me

There were reports along the lines of a loose bluetooth module (not fully plugged in) could make the settings reset. And I wonder—there's a replacable coin cell battery on the blue board… those usually are there to maintain non-volatile memory. Perhaps it's dead?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

There were reports along the lines of a loose bluetooth module (not fully plugged in) could make the settings reset. And I wonder—there's a replacable coin cell battery on the blue board… those usually are there to maintain non-volatile memory. Perhaps it's dead?

out of curiosity... where IS the blue tooth module?

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Picture of the blue tooth board for V11. 

Might be similar for V12.

image.png.3016dbb0d26c0796bd4cdc11e26707cc.png

Uuh I can actually help with this since I got my v12 guts on the table.

There is the board with the power electronics(black), the blue board controlling the screen, LEDs, speakers and such and then there is a small little green LED cable distribution board. 

On the blue board there is a small coin battery

image.thumb.jpg.14c9d77d71ef5fa933f68d665b3e6721.jpg

Then near the screen you can find a small blue board that is used for no-cable-connections between the blue board and the screen, button, light sensor (photo in next post because of size)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rolis said:

(photo in next post because of size)

there is no easy way to get to the back of the screen to look at its board, so I wont do that 😬

image.jpg

Edited by rolis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Yeah that could be the case. I do not want to have to take apart the whole wheel to change that though :rolleyes:

On 5/31/2022 at 11:09 PM, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

This may be the case with your distributor, but we have received no communications from Inmotion requesting we stop.

That is what I understood from them, but I must say I’m not 100% sure if this is what InMotion told them or what they decided. To me that’s what it sounded like.