INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

8 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I appreciate all of the information you are passing to us over here.. It really has been very helpful through this whole thing. 

But i do have to say and this is def. not a reflection on you at all.. It is getting annoying that distributors and IM are speaking through other people instead of talking to their customers. In Ewheels defense they do answer all of my emails when i Inquire in which is amazing. But with this issue being open for so long and the first and second round buyers being as patient as they are, we shouldn't have to keep asking.. There should be some sort of regular standard communication out to customers. Weather that be through our distributors.. Or IM directly. It is the bare minimum requirement for a situation like this where people paid a few K for a product, that literally is not safe to use. 

It really is a bit of a shame considering the wheel is really great otherwise. I know IM is going to do the right thing by us in the end. I just cant get behind the lack of communication around it. It is not hard to post something in your user channels to get word out about lockdowns and delays, to keep people informed. 

I know it sucks to have to tell people, "we know we told you april.. but we only have X amount now so you are out of luck until further notice.." (also enjoy watching those get brand new v12's with the issues fixed bragging). 

But its better than silence and people having to keep asking. you have to let the cat out of the bag anyway.

Alas this appears to be a universal problem with all the EUC OEMs. Every now and then we get a single point of contact that seems like a step in the right direction, but what they respond to or when seems completely arbitrary (they'll ignore the places which should be their top focus and then respond to some obscure comment/question buried somewhere arbitrary), and then it never lasts and whoever it is disappears and doesn't get immediately replaced.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richardo said:

As someone who doesnt work in the industry, but is responsible for a lot of communication at work, i think a more mature version of this would look like ewheels maintaining a blog, along with several rss feeds/mailing lists, and posting updates there as they came in. That way they could communicate to everyone who bought an early v12 at once, without the current circuitous route of someone emailing them a question and posting the response on the forum. 

id love to do that job if they included a stipend for mandrin classes and i could expense translators while i learned =D

You'd have to fight me for this position. ;-p

I was unofficially trying to do the same thing (see my string of updates, for example here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/17309-euc-comparison-table-project-with-regular-updatesnews-roundups/page/4/#comment-389532 ), and angling for eWheels or one of the other resellers to collaborate with me or hire me to do something similar with/for them. And while there are some things that might come out of those efforts eventually, ultimately they have their reasons for why they don't want to just blanket increase their level of responsibility or perception as the spokesmen for the entire industry or the EUC OEMs--which on further inspection makes sense and I cannot blame them.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just curious if anyone knows or anyone that has a blown controller can check this.

My wheel has been dead since January and sitting at around a 90% charge while waiting on the replacement controllers. So I decided to check my batteries and when I put my voltmeter to the leads on the 200v DC setting I'm getting a reading of around 3 volts off the packs. Does the BMS go into a low power state when the wheel is off or are my packs shot too? My controller did blow the mosfets while it was on the charger, so that makes me wonder if there's more damage than what I initially thought.

In my Understanding the batteries at least on V10-V12 don’t output the full voltage until the mainboard is powered on and communicates with the BMS.

You could try measuring the smaller connectors that go to the batteries. I’m not sure but the battery voltage could be measurable there.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, AtlasP said:

they don't want to just blanket increase their level of responsibility or perception as the spokesmen for the entire industry or the EUC OEMs

IDK if your current career has you doing this kind of stuff, but this is a pattern where I work.

A team wants to limit their area of responsibility to what they feel they can control and to technical matters, at the expense of a worse experience for their customers. Communication is often the sacrifice, because it's counterintuitively so much work, has the potential to disrupt roadmaps and the potential to embarrass people.

So there are a ton of reasons to avoid it, but it really hurts an organization because it cuts off a flow of crucial information. Im sure you mostly agree with this I just want to rant, don't mean to preach to you directly, @AtlasP

@spitfire1337 This isn't going to be a super helpful comment, but my mosfets blew in November at 80% battery and when I replaced the board in January it was down to like 20% charge. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I remember being alarmed at how quickly the battery discharged and feeling lucky I caught it before waiting another month. I think you gotta open it up and measure the voltage across those yellow XT60 connectors or whatever they're called.

Edited by Richardo
reply to spitfire
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 10:42 PM, conecones said:

Take it from someone who did exactly just that on a speed bump...over 3 months later, still dealing with the injury. Every bump ridden on the V12 after that triggered some level of PTSD. It's often the slower speed falls that causes the bigger hurt because you are least expecting it. At higher speeds you are naturally more conscious of the risks and potholes/wobbles/cutouts are already on your mind to prepare you.

This is true…But also true, it seems that there are a lot of Tubers, like Chooch, or The Speedyfeet guys in the U.K., or ‘Mad Adam’ Wrong Way, who have been wringing the necks of their V12s without problems. I myself am waiting for the V12HT… I’m sure INMOTION will sort the problem out. My old V8f has been faultless…so I do have a little faith in them. 

Got the email from MyEWheel, saying they will supposedly receive the new motherboards on Monday and be ready to ship few days after.

They also asked to order the wheel again, after they refund the preorder money, since they have a new system or something?? What the heck happened with their old system? Sounds kinda suspicious, after all this hassle I'd prefer to have the wheel shipped before I give them any more money...

Edited by wuppi

I guess they could have a new higher price for the “new system”. That would be cruel though. They’re a stand-up seller, I tend to trust them.

Edited by mrelwood

I took my v12 out for a ride tonight, and towards the end of it I was hearing it beep twice from time to time. It sounded kind of like the speed limit alarm, but quieter. I wasn't going very fast when it happened, between 10-20kph. But it was happening with some frequency. I heard it around 15 times. I think it tending to be when I was accelerating but I am not sure. My battery was around 50%. I had been riding for about an hour at the time. Any idea what this alarm is about?

5 hours ago, Silverfish said:

I took my v12 out for a ride tonight, and towards the end of it I was hearing it beep twice from time to time. It sounded kind of like the speed limit alarm, but quieter. I wasn't going very fast when it happened, between 10-20kph. But it was happening with some frequency. I heard it around 15 times. I think it tending to be when I was accelerating but I am not sure. My battery was around 50%. I had been riding for about an hour at the time. Any idea what this alarm is about?

Check your 1st speed alarm. I believe I have the same thing when the wheel hits its first speed alarm. (Not the max speed alarm)

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It appears that the first customer has gotten their new upgraded V12 (og) board. They asked for a confirmation on IM Telegram chat for this Aliexpress bought board, which shipped on the first of May.

The photos clearly show mosfets with a marking GP039N15M, which points to a 150V mosfet by Hunteck in the TO-220 package size:

http://www.hunteck.com/Datasheets/HGP(B)039N15M_V1.0_090320.pdf

Should be as we expected then, nice.

On 3/25/2022 at 12:22 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

AM-JKLUoE2ZDJMUyZHjLZMNZA5-OfbyYj1L5x7J9y0m21i-9VS24-srH74WbsMMFkISHgfTJG_tD1PGbHRmTxlXX1RjLr5qQizXlKU-CX-tJrD44KigXQBQqoL-P9k8_TiGqNL4B7N2eKEItdXbRSOgmPba95A=w1121-h201-no?authuser=0

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Check your 1st speed alarm. I believe I have the same thing when the wheel hits its first speed alarm. (Not the max speed alarm)

that appears to be exactly what it is. I only have one set, at 25kph. And the app says its the only one that is on. But it appears to have spontaneously activated another alarm at 15kph.

Edited by Silverfish
typo

59 minutes ago, Jwheels said:

Anyone have any updated news on the v12 HT. Has it even shipped from china yet? Euco says it's supposed to ship mid April but no updates since. I have a feeling it's going to be delayed.

Posted yesterday:

image.jpeg.39c47d91781e926dd302be818f4fd

Source: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/26197-v12-cutout-tracking/page/13/#comment-418337

(It is has been suggested based on the 4-6 week timeline from the letter's date of May 10 that "by the end of July" might be a mistranslation that should in fact read "by the end of June". ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ )

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

@AtlasP, the announcement is for the V12 (HS) boards only though. The V12 HT units may have a different timetable.

I thought there were some HT's shipping soon if not already. I know the marketing push has obviously begun, which mean they must be close to shipping things out.

28 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

@AtlasP, the announcement is for the V12 (HS) boards only though. The V12 HT units may have a different timetable.

I think it's not an unreasonable inference to make that the boards (manufactured by a third party) have been a bottleneck for both. The question is just whether the HT units have any other bottlenecks involved, or if getting the boards will now enable both to proceed quickly.

40 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

I think it's not an unreasonable inference to make that the boards (manufactured by a third party) have been a bottleneck for both.

Sure, and especially the mosfets. But in this case the mosfets for the HS and HT come from different manufacturers, so their availability definately may vary.

Either way, even IM can’t do better at this point than to guess. And so shall we.

The upgraded HS boards are more or less already in Europe and will be installed and ready to ship next week. 
The V12 HT version hasn´t yet left China and shipping is around 45-50 days, so probably you can expect to have them around mid July to arrive to you. Thats why I am going for the fixed HS version, just cant wait anymore...

This is just information fom MyEwheel. Regards to other resellers I really cant say what the situation is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rolis said:

The upgraded HS boards are more or less already in Europe and will be installed and ready to ship next week. 
The V12 HT version hasn´t yet left China and shipping is around 45-50 days, so probably you can expect to have them around mid July to arrive to you. Thats why I am going for the fixed HS version, just cant wait anymore...

This is just information fom MyEwheel. Regards to other resellers I really cant say what the situation is.

I'm still waiting for mine, my reseller says they have been shipped and will "maybe" arrive in middle of may.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I'm still waiting for mine, my reseller says they have been shipped and will "maybe" arrive in middle of may

I'm getting similar time frame in Australia, be here this Friday or early next week. The controller boards must of been sent worldwide all at the same time.