INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

1 hour ago, Djal said:

And what about owners that do not have any single issue?

how many ? What is the ratio ?

Only Inmotion can get a sense of the ratio, we will not know that.

For a self-balancing vehicle, all cut-out leads to a crash.
20km/h is the speed at which @ThaBlackCobra destroyed his shoulder.

We need clarification from Inmotion.
Until then, I would suggest to each V12 owner who happen to own another proven wheel to ride the later.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

that sucks, guess i'll go back to the 16X for a few mos until we get more info on these. i had put about 150 mi on my V12 but its almost time to take a break for the winter anyway so i won't push my luck. thanks for the warning @conecones glad you're ok

Edited by wheel-life
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

I gotta say, recent postings of the V12 cutting out has made me flip my decision on purchasing the V12 back to an S20. 

I think I’ll also send mine back and ask for refund, I don’t wanna end up in crutches.

7 hours ago, StudentOfTheWheel said:

I don't think there's any way of knowing this because we don't know exactly what the issue is yet. We could theoretically all have the issue but it hasn't been triggered yet right?

For example I got my V12 yesterday and have ridden about 10 miles so far, hit a max speed of 30mph, the weather here is below freezing (20 degrees fahrenheit), and I weigh 225lbs. Didn't get a cutout but that doesn't mean it won't happen

Honestly I like this wheel too much to stop riding it lol so I'm gonna take the risk but will keep my eye on the forum and Inmotion social media to see if a recall or anything is initiated

For everyone's visibility, my V12 cut out after it was ridden 200km in total since I bought it two weeks before. My friend's V12 cut out after it was ridden 70km in total since he bought it to weeks before. And both of the wheels were totally dead since then. 

Edited by Petranodon
  • Like 1

Good to see the volumes.

I wonder if the ride test shown is the only one completed on the fully assembled vehicle or if each also runs some kind of programmatic stress test.

I imagine that running the motor forward/backwards in rapid sequence could simulate all sort of loads, by leveraging rotation inertia.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Might be recall, firmware update, only subset affected and identifiable by serial number, etc.... IM to respond with advice.

New models, first batches, first generation.... cars, S18, new products....early adopters, beta testers, guinea pigs....recurring pattern.

I believe this is happening to 2nd batch wheels... mine certainly was. but your point stands- not exactly time-tested!

7 hours ago, Silverfish said:

So, how do these things typically play out? Do I avoid using it? If so, can I be confident that there will be a point where I *can* be comfortable riding it again?

For me myself, if @INMOTION SCV @Clark Wong have given us clarity on the root cause and the solution that makes sense to me, it is enough, and I will continue riding it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Djal said:

Where did they give explanation please?

There is no explanation until now, so we are still waiting for it and hoping that they will announce on this group, since one of the Inmotion representation, which is @Clark Wong, has now joined this forum.

Edited by Petranodon

Hello guys,

I used a V12 with over 800km on it, I encountered some speed bumps even at high speed (+50kph) it never failed. I'm not sure whats happening with some V12 but it is concerning, I'll be careful now until we know for sure what the issue is.

Control board firmware is 1.5.0.

2 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hello guys,

I used a V12 with over 800km on it, I encountered some speed bumps even at high speed (+50kph) it never failed. I'm not sure whats happening with some V12 but it is concerning, I'll be careful now until we know for sure what the issue is.

Control board firmware is 1.5.0.

Before my V12 dead, I also encountered speed bumps when I was at high speed, and no problems found. Somehow it died when it was ridden at 15-20kph, and of course it was not the only occasion I rode my V12 that slow.

I am curious, is your V12 from second or first batch?