INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

2 hours ago, wheel-life said:

New cutout posted on FB, seems different than the rest. He was riding a steady 25-30mph with a battery close to 90% and got suddenly dumped:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/4669082899856303/

image.thumb.jpeg.b509376eadc9b82392f4f0be82b3e070.jpeg

This shit gets serious. I remember that I saw in a tear dawn the top side of the board enclosure is connected with the lower one through little spring pressed pins. Is it possible they temporarily disconnect while riding and this is what is causing the failures? What do you think might cause these issues? Have any clues?

13 minutes ago, Paul g said:

This shit gets serious. I remember that I saw in a tear dawn the top side of the board enclosure is connected with the lower one through little spring pressed pins. Is it possible they temporarily disconnect while riding and this is what is causing the failures? What do you think might cause these issues? Have any clues?

no idea unfortunately but i'm on the sidelines for a bit anyway with winter here. keeping a close eye on any reports that come out in the meantime so i can decide if i want to ride my V12 again when it's nice out. at an absolute minimum i'm going to trolley it down a curb or stair a number of times then do the same while riding it to see if i can replicate the low speed issue.

• Like 1

E-rides said in one of their recent videos that Abrams also had cutoffs at low speeds, which they reported, and the Veteran engineers said it was the Hall effect sensors. Is it possible that we have the same issues with V12 ?? 

Additional context regarding these V12 board failures:

A trusted European retailer informed us when enquiring about the V12 that 30% of its summer production V10F burned their mainboard.
This official distributor informed Inmotion of its finding and is awaiting answers as well.

This retailer also learned from unofficial channels that Inmotion was seeking a new supplier for its mainboard during spring.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cecily Inmotion said:

I think everybody should put on the helmet and wrist guards. And  it's better not to ride too quickly and slow down when you pass the bump on the road.  We don't want anyone to get hurt. Our company are working on the problems as hard as we can. 

While this is good general advice for everybody riding an EUC, are you sure that it is still enough in the current situation?

Please read what happened to @Gixxer, and appreciate the extend of his injuries, with only cause his V12 failure.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:31 AM, Cecily Inmotion said:

D71A23C1-89B0-4F7D-BA69-988213F754C6.thumb.jpeg.0f7d19b88a16fb3c099f568c5c681841.jpeg

Hi everybody, we just post an official announcement to all V12 riders. Hope you can understand us and give us some time to deal with this problem. We will give a reply soon next week.

I have stopped riding my V12 until we get at least some kind for diagnosis from Inmotion. Thanks Inmotion for taking this issue seriously.

• Like 3