Problem not solved at all.

pseudo
/ˈsjuːdəʊ/

derogatory
adjective
adjective: pseudo
  1. not genuine; spurious or sham.
    "we are talking about real journalists and not the pseudo kind"

Ah yes you're right my bad. Like pseudo science: not science at all.

I got confused with how we sometimes use the "pseudo" prefix in french colloquial language, to mean something like "a kind of but crappy" something.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tawpie said:

But, it was horribly expensive and one wonders how they could possibly survive. It’s no way to run a successful business, stressing your product like that.

Hmm. It would depend on who the intended customer was, though, I guess? If the customer wanted that product for, say, something at the bottom of the sea or in an airplane cockpit, paying 100x more for the thoroughly tested product compared to the more-likely-to-fail-competitors might be acceptable.

EUCs and electronic musical instruments are two examples of products I can think of where likelihood of failure is a major factor in what I buy. I really don't want my instrument to fail while on stage. For my EUC, my concerns would be the combination of safety, the fact that getting it repaired will be quite a hassle because of where I live + that I lack the know-how and willingness to do any repairs myself. So in both these cases I'd be willing to pay significantly more for something that is likely to "just work".

...so, if I could choose between V12 and the otherwise identical V12-thoroughly-tested-edition, I guess I'd go for the latter, even with a quite large % added price.

Edited by Kai Drange
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Published by myEwheel, but branded Inmotion.

Good that they show good and bad ways to run the test. Hopefully someone here will burn their board that way (instead of crashing, confirming the validity of the test.

2 things I noted:

1. Fancier mode not enabled, hence top speed capped at 60km/h. Wouldn’t it make more sense to test using fancier mode since it’s supposed to draw more power?

2. Those carpet burns. Lol.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Unventor said:

One of the old brands like Ninebot didn't care from their resellers and customers from owners I heard about here. That brand is not active anymore. So I view it as critical for a brand to listen and engaging with their customers/end-users. 

I think you will find that Ninebot EUC ceased for reasons completely unrelated to listening/engaging with customers. They simply saw more profit in other ventures. But yes, you are right in that their support dwindled to nothing whilst they were ramping down Ninebot.

From the IM latest communication:

"If your vehicle is found to be affected, contact your dealer to arrange for a repair at no cost".

Wouldn't owners just opt for the free repair to ensure their safety?

What would the repair be?  Replacement with higher rated mosfets?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

From the IM latest communication:

"If your vehicle is found to be affected, contact your dealer to arrange for a repair at no cost".

Wouldn't owners just opt for the free repair to ensure their safety?

What would the repair be?  Replacement with higher rated mosfets?

Does free repair cover shipping costs to and from dealer? 🤔

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Careful there...

1. There was no testing of other components of the controller. If a FET fails, other components can be damaged with it.
    So I would aggressively test any repaired controller in a safe environment, before trusting the repair. (e.g. ride aggressively in a lumpy grass field without obstacles)

2. Soldering was dirty and hasty in that vid. If there was lacquer painted on the PCB after assembly, removing it before desoldering / resoldering is important, and not easy. Desoldering looked very hot in that demonstration, posing risk to nearby components.

If I had a V12 that cut out, I would expect a new controller, not a reworked one.

Absolutely, which is why I recommended a top tier tech.

• Like 1

I am not going to feel convinced if I pass this test, and I would like to feel convinced. What options will I have outside of some new development? Do they sell replacement boards (shortages aside)? Is it possible to find someone to hire to replace the mofsets? 

• Like 1