Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

9 hours ago, novazeus said:

then grahite coating to the channels

Graphite conducts electricity....may not be a good idea to use that in close proximity to the battery cases.  It could cause undesirable outcomes if any finds its way into the battery case.

For the original sliders, it seems the best results have been to clean them thoroughly and leave them clean and dry.  Introduction of any kind of lube has limited and short lived benefit.  The better solution is the after market roller sliders.  It seems that Ningning Hou sliders are the preferred ones at the moment, but there are a few versions that have worked well for many.  The biggest problem being bubbles in the POM rollers introduced during the manufacturing process.  Those are easy to swap with Ningning Hou's since he uses circlips to attach them.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
Typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Wouldn't it be better to sell now, not be off grid in a container, suffering heat/cold, crashing from cow souvenirs, etc ...

Do whatever else instead...

i do this for a living. land development. i've survived terminal cancer now 9 years. how long have u had terminal cancer. 99.97% die within weeks after diagnosis. humans should copy what i'm doing, not suggest alternatives to what i'm doing. 

i just tell humans to do ur own research. like socrates said, "if ur not ur own doctor, u are a fool".

u would think after covid and the vaccination debacle, humans would wake up from their slumber. 

u do u, i'll do me. u only get one. 

u know, after fielding hundreds of calls on my property, not to be snotty or degrading in anyway, 

the first question i ask, is how did u get my number. that gives me an insight on how clever they are. 

the second question i ask, is have u ever built anything urself? that gives me insight of their knowledge. again, not to be insulting, but i need to know so i'm not talking to an human without knowledge and have to explain simple stuff to, that would be insulting. 

like asking a trim carpenter what s4s means. in person, i can tell just seeing there eyes glaze over when i speak. on the phone i can't read them. it would be nice on this forum if people would weight their responses with their educational or experience in life backgrounds. 

like, i'm not looking for advice on how to live or how to cure terminal cancer, i've already figured that out, but i find it sad and somewhat hilarious after explaining i've cured terminal cancer to humans, all of a sudden there are amateur oncologists that will say, " u know what is good for cancer?" , these are humans that don't have cancer, but will probably get it some day, and seek medical treatment like having it surgically removed. 

not being mean, but look at this logically. if i have survived terminal cancer 9 years now,(i have the medical records, it's just a fact) if u know what terminal cancer is, google it if u don't, then wouldn't it be smarter to try to do what i have done, instead of offering some other solution.

• Like 1

ok back on topic!

hopefully king song will read this forum and fix their toys so consumers don't have to.

if anybody wants to offer me advice, pls use the dm thing.

we must only talk about king song's lousy product on this thread.

king song should recall all their defective toys and fix them like inmotion did with their v10f years ago, which was half the price of the s22.

Edited by novazeus

23 hours ago, novazeus said:
Spoiler

that's good to know. i guess u figured that out by disassembling urs. but i have no idea. i'm not an engineer, i didn't go to college and learn about these things. i'm just a field grunt that's been fixing things in the field that the college educated engineers have screwed up, just like my terminal cancer that the doctors only offered me hospice for 9 years ago. 

fixing their screw up isn't my responsibility. my only business responsibility before i eventually die is selling off this 325 acres for the highest possible price, which will be in excess of $100 mil or so. fixing a $2600 toy isn't my top priority with the limited amount of time i have left above ground. 

if i had a subcontractor that did work like king song, after bitching them out for insulting my intelligence, i'd then fire them. 

my first real full time job from age 19-24 was with diebold inc. the stuff they built wasn't perfect always either. but it was up to me to make it work in the field. diebold sent an engineer from canton ohio to shadow me to see what i was doing. 

this is how stuff gets created in real life. tom krumplestader, award winning architect for arthur rutenberg homes, designed what would later be a home that won 8 national awards. i built that one. so tom had designed these stucco bands on the outside that were attractive but no directions on how to do it. so i called tom and said, "hey, i like ur design, but how is the stucco man suppose to build it?" he laughed and said,"i'm just the architect, ur the builder, u have to figure it out". unbelievable!

i did, and other builders started copying tom's design, but couldn't figure out how i did it. that's just life 101. 

again, i'm no mechanical engineer but i know king song's attempt to build a suspension wheel failed miserably. i know i can fix it because i have a lifetime of fixing engineers screw ups, but i got paid lots of money to do that. i don't want or need king song's money to fix their screw up. like i said, i'll just sell it to some hobbyist that thinks he has more time above ground than me, or thinks his time is worth nothing. i'd rather play with Bob than do anything. our time is in dog years at this stage. one year equals 7. and Bob just turned 6 last november. 

not my job to figure out why king song are lazy idiots and refuse to fix their product. 

i'm taking this time to write this in hopes somebody at king song will read it and get their heads in the game. 

i sued ford motor company in 1999 because their hand built 320hp svt cobra mustang engine didn't produce 320hp like they said it would. they recalled all 8600 of them and removed and ported and polished the manifolds. idk if it worked or not, i never dynoed it after the recall, but i know beforehand it only produced 290hp. 

the damage had already been done because my "special" mustang which i paid double for compared to a stock mustang, wasn't that special afterall. 

like i've said, "not my job to fix king song's failed attempt to fix the suspension on their expensive toy".

it would be like trying to fix ur kid's hoverboard. u just wouldn't waste ur time, u would just find some place to dispose of it without burning down ur house. 

i'll wait and see what freemotion sends me from king song, do what analysis what i can without wasting much of my irreplaceable time, and if it's stupid, like it probably will be, i'll pack it all up and sell this "kit" to somebody that likes to tinker. 

i use to like to tinker too, why i built rc helis for members of the world team manager. figuring out how to make the gv1 governor to work with futaba's top of the line transmitter, the 9z, when futaba couldn't figure it out, was fun and rewarding. and again, i have zero formal education in electronics, but i am able to extract information from humans that do, and assemble a solution. 

again, kinda like my terminal cancer that is still killing over ten million humans yearly. 

kinda got bigger fish to fry. i can't fix dead. 

i mean what would be ur priorities? this is from july 2014.

E6172641-7528-47FC-B593-5A0666E884B9.jpeg

ps

i know somebody at king song reads this stuff because years ago when i kept insulting them about my first wheel ever, the 18s, and forum members were "why are u so mean to king song?", i knew what i was doing. eventually tina wong contacted me and two late night sessions, we, me, tina and one of their engineers, fixed the bms battery problem on my 18s. i've used this technique of trying to get workers to have pride in their work thousands of times in my lifetime. no exaggeration, i've hired and fired thousands of workers in my lifetime building the most expensive custom homes on the planet. idk how else to do it. if carrots don't work, i don't hesitate to use the stick.

All I am saying is that the linkage is fine.

Obviously manufacturers should release wheels that don't need modifications to run as they expectedly should.

I was correcting an incorrect statement you made. You don't need to go over the top to slam manufacturers. Point out what is bad and leave it at that, no need to invent fairy tales.

Also to be clear, I am not an engineer. I bought sliders from an online seller and took apart the wheel with consumer level tools that I assume someone living on a farm would have access to. No need for all that 'poor me' spiel. 

5 hours ago, PourUC said:

All I am saying is that the linkage is fine.

Obviously manufacturers should release wheels that don't need modifications to run as they expectedly should.

I was correcting an incorrect statement you made. You don't need to go over the top to slam manufacturers. Point out what is bad and leave it at that, no need to invent fairy tales.

Also to be clear, I am not an engineer. I bought sliders from an online seller and took apart the wheel with consumer level tools that I assume someone living on a farm would have access to. No need for all that 'poor me' spiel. 

i'm not buying aftermarket parts not knowing if the parts will fix the problem.

plus, not my job. i sure king song appreciates ur efforts.

Edited by novazeus

46 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I'm not certain that there's really a 'problem'? Sure—as delivered the suspension is only great for big drops but sucks for plushness and sure, the stock pads are decorative and do not help much but the wheel self balances and goes and turns and stops.

Third party parts will vastly improve the experience… if you want to get more of the full capability of the wheel (or any wheel), you should consider aftermarket! It's sort of like adding a case to your phone, or upgrading the stereo in your car, or putting dimmer switches in the dining room. The OEM probably 'should' have done that, but they didn't.

I encourage you to consider push pads—with them you can learn to climb the cow turds (guaranteed). Jump blocks might let you clear the various holes (not at all guaranteed!). Roller sliders will make the dirt road crazy smooth (guaranteed). A different tread pattern for the tire might not pick up acorns (not guaranteed either).

Yes, for you the wheel is a tool, one you hoped would help with the maintenance and management of your ranch. Perhaps it's not adequate as is, but think of it like a tractor: there's a power take off on a proper tractor… how many more uses will you have for the tractor if you bought some attachments?

the suspension stops working as designed.

if u bought a refrigerator at $2600, and the defrost stopped working, it still gets cold, would u dissassemble ur frig and fix it?

what dirt road, didn’t know i had one?

09BA7773-A235-46C5-9003-998235BCED6C.thumb.jpeg.b583baf34d097636880a19a7bfb44710.jpeg

CE6962C2-9605-43D8-92E2-DA624718D325.thumb.jpeg.1f87c67f37a21176824eb469a022fcb5.jpeg

6AD2D8CB-A954-4BF8-953E-924B97D66068.thumb.jpeg.2e586d61703f6303e6d79aed111a2cfe.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

42 minutes ago, novazeus said:

the suspension stops working as designed.

warranty claim?

And forgive my incredulity, but do you religiously follow all of the do-not-do things on anything besides your wheels? Live a little! F around, find stuff out! I mean, you're not supposed to dwell in a shipping container, are you? That turned out ok enough.

I get it that you're disappointed that stock doesn't meet your needs, and that these are generally non-returnable purchases. But it's lemonade time.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

warranty claim?

And forgive my incredulity, but do you religiously follow all of the do-not-do things on anything besides your wheels? Live a little! F around, find stuff out! I mean, you're not supposed to dwell in a shipping container, are you? That turned out ok enough.

I get it that you're disappointed that stock doesn't meet your needs, and that these are generally non-returnable purchases. But it's lemonade time.

inmotion recalled all of their v10fs

inmotion is recalling all v13’s.

king song already admitted their faulty work by volunterring to send out replacement motors and new sliders.

Edited by novazeus

Dont know what you’re doing to your S22 but the suspension on mine has never stopped working in hundreds of miles of use. Is it perfect?,no but it does work on the mountain bike trails i ride on. Have i installed pads, yes but i have done that on all my wheels. Ive also added parts to my Jeep, and all my other toys. I haven’t found anything that’s exactly like I like it and thats why we can modify them to our tastes and needs.

A wheel that’s perfect for you might not be for anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, NErider said:

Ok....I just put the roller sliders on. I thought it was plenty good before. This is a game changer! Wow! Bouncy and smooth. I'm going to have to adjust the shock dampening settings because it reacts so quick. 

I need to take it for a real ride, but first impressions,  I'm blown away! 

are those aftermarket sliderkits or are they the ones king song is sending out per freemotion's announcement.

17 minutes ago, novazeus said:

are those aftermarket sliderkits or are they the ones king song is sending out per freemotion's announcement.

those look like the ningning 8s that eWheels switched to after the KS version was so bad.

3 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

those look like the ningning 8s that eWheels switched to after the KS version was so bad.

if king song sends something that looks like it would work, i'd fix mine and keep it. but it's like somebody else said a long time ago, ur wasting ur time trying to adjust the shock and spring until u change out the sliders. and @martybacke felt the bolts were wrong on the linkage. so i figure i'd do it once right if i have to do it. probably change the tore to the michelin as well. but alas i have no replacement sliders yet.

no use thinking about it until freemotion sends out the new kits. i hope they are white wheels because i think that is nylon, and i think nylon will work fine. 

I’m not 100 percent sure, but if I recall my wheel was shipped with half the KS rollers installed. The other half was in a ziplock so basically a 4x4 setup. It’s been decent with no binding, basically I’ve put one month on them and 210 street miles.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Crab said:

I’m not 100 percent sure, but if I recall my wheel was shipped with half the KS rollers installed. The other half was in a ziplock so basically a 4x4 setup. It’s been decent with no binding, basically I’ve put one month on them and 210 street miles.

are they white or black rollers? 

On 3/3/2023 at 6:13 PM, novazeus said:

are they white or black rollers? 

I’ll have to check but seems like black comes to mind.

A4290737-9BE2-47CE-9BD8-B7343A68F70D.png

Edited by Crab
  • Like 1

Be a bit careful with @Marty Backe bolt fix... the ones he used for the top are too long and allow a tiny bit of extra slop. What I went for was to have the assembly snug but still freely turning after the binder bolts are torqued. If the bushings and shock move side to side it's not ideal—might not be an issue, but these bolts are off the shelf Ali parts and not exactly precision bits of kit!

I used slightly short bolts and added shims on my S22 and S18. What "seems to be shimmed right" was being able to use my fingers to rotate the side bushings yet the gaps were closed (can't slide a piece of copy paper between their faying surfaces). In that condition, the shock flops up and down but doesn't move side to side.

One other thing: I would order additional white wheels (the place on Ali I ordered them from claimed them to be POM) and be sure to candle the wheels before installation. If a wheel has a bubble, it is likely to fail and flat spot and you'll be getting better at dropping the motor.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

my plan was once the v13 got here, put the s22 in the hangar an start working on it leisurely and go thru it completely. i won't wanna ride it anyway with a brand new v13 at my disposal. 

but i refuse to buy replacement parts for a brand new wheel. the slider kits aren't accessories, they should have been factory installed, but since it's here, i'd rather myself tear it down and fix it. just waiting on parts. already sent freemotion all the info they requested but haven't heard anything back yet. i have enough outside storage now to leave the disassemled wheel outside. might do the repair outside on a nice day. better light. i just need parts. i'll make whatever they send work. the v13 should arrive march 16th. the s18 is fine but i like the heavy wheels better.

my interest in personal electric vehicles, goes way back to my inline skating days in ft myers and building low income award winning energy efficient homes. 

as i would skate 20 miles a nght, i would imagine this ranch into a city where humans could safely without cars running over them, move about on skates, bicycles, strollers, etc etc etc, as this property has developed over the years, with my thumb on the scale, turning the northside into this behemoth entertainment district, and the only thing stopping humans or dogs living here access is a bridge. the highest and most valuable land now is multifamily land. so i see hopefully thousands of apartments designed for energy efficiency and safe multiuse trails ans tunnels for humans and animals. usually multiuse trails are an afterthought. but they are my priority. 

i think this development here will eliminate a thousand cars, because they just won't be needed. beautiful type 3 asphalt under trees like my road, so they are used and not vacant in florida heat. kind of a long range plan going back 59 years planting the oaks on sandhill lane. 

so my interest in wheels, is from an urban planning side. safe travel on safe multiuse trails and eliminating cars. the developer i'm talking to now is from california and owns an ebike. he gets it. very smart. they own the san diego chargers. 

it will be amazing having all these safe personal electric vehicles on perfect multiuse paths(skateable for me)connected to everything that cypress creek town center has to offer. 

i figure the apt builder can build remote fireproof buildings hopefully solar powered for charging and storage of the electric vehicles. kinda like renting dock space when u park ur boat. 
i'm not into offroad trail riding, jumping off curbs, doing jumps, etc etc, just nice safe travel to the stores and restaurants and entertainment. maybe have parking lockers at the stores and restaurants. 

this is my opinion what wheels sb use for. practicality and safety. others like to play, and that's fine too. i'm just looking at safe point a to point b and eliminating lots of cars. which eliminates lots of parking spaces that developers don't have to build. 

crash videos and fire videos aren't helpful for my end goals.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Be a bit careful with @Marty Backe bolt fix... the ones he used for the top are too long and allow a tiny bit of extra slop. What I went for was to have the assembly snug but still freely turning after the binder bolts are torqued. If the bushings and shock move side to side it's not ideal—might not be an issue, but these bolts are off the shelf Ali parts and not exactly precision bits of kit!

I used slightly short bolts and added shims on my S22 and S18. What "seems to be shimmed right" was being able to use my fingers to rotate the side bushings yet the gaps were closed (can't slide a piece of copy paper between their faying surfaces). In that condition, the shock flops up and down but doesn't move side to side.

One other thing: I would order additional white wheels (the place on Ali I ordered them from claimed them to be POM) and be sure to candle the wheels before installation. If a wheel has a bubble, it is likely to fail and flat spot and you'll be getting better at dropping the motor.

i saw somebody put up a place that sold them and they had pom and the other ones were nylon, i forget what they call nylon. i think the white ones are nylon.