Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

19 hours ago, NErider said:

NE rider, it looks like you may be missing the circlips that should come with the Hou Sliders from eWheels.  I'm not sure why they are sending the kits out without the circlips, but that happened to me too - so I emailed them and they sent out the circlips to me that same day.   Those hold on the wheels and also make them easy to replace.

331224744_509758057751946_8793921627021210959_n.thumb.jpeg.087e399dcff4d706fbe28d0d219735ee.jpeg332886558_855285928904821_1456708128919297981_n.thumb.jpeg.3732a0c906fd3bffaaa48243653f06d9.jpeg

Screenshot_20230303_175951_Gallery.jpg

17 hours ago, novazeus said:

i saw somebody put up a place that sold them and they had pom and the other ones were nylon, i forget what they call nylon. i think the white ones are nylon.

0A1AFDD4-0479-4F0C-B7D3-2AC1E4EB4E30.jpeg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, novazeus said:

i saw somebody put up a place that sold them and they had pom and the other ones were nylon, i forget what they call nylon. i think the white ones are nylon.

Black or natural color, they are made of POM (also known as acetal)

Natural color is a must. Black pigment prevent to check for imperfections in the material, which can be found as bubbles. The wheel with bubbles or other type of imperfection must be avoided for this application. So in short, any black wheel are essentially unsuitable since they can't be checked.

1 hour ago, Crab said:

0A1AFDD4-0479-4F0C-B7D3-2AC1E4EB4E30.jpeg

I wouldn't bother installing those, the flat bottoms don't follow the curve of the channel in the battery case and are subject to more stress than they can take (early failure pretty much guaranteed). And I'm guessing that not being rounded makes their diameter at the contact points with the case just a bit larger, meaning they don't "fit" well.

IFF the mounting rails are ningning 8s (I know you have a pro so I don't know if eWheels got 'pro' rails from ningning), I ordered 6*24*7mm pulley wheels from Ali (SWMAKER) that fit and while they had a high percentage with small bubbles, the ones with small bubbles seem to be working ok so far (this is by feel, I haven't looked). I didn't have enough perfect bubble-free wheels, so the ones on the forward ends are bubble free and the middle ones have little bubbles. BTW, the 'perfect' rate was 7 out of 40.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, anutheroneup said:

They were in the bag along with the bolts. And they included spares of everything. I've got the bolts lock tight'd, wheels, rails installed, and working great! Thanks for looking out. 

What kind of mileage are most getting with the 40t packs? At 106.69v I’m getting 35 miles@30 percent remaining. If I’m understanding this correctly I should be able to go as low as 90v safely?

3BB006FB-D109-4CBE-9D6B-B22F27CE605C.png

just when i was starting to like it, and deciding to keep it and fix it once the parts arrived, it does this after me dutifully watching it charge from 70% to 99%.

i checked the batteries with the app after charging and the charger turning off and everything was typical, battery pack 1 at 97% and pack 2 at 100%.

i waited a bit and then plugged the charger back into the wheel and then into ghe outlet and it consumed a little more energy for 5 minutes.

after twenty minutes or so, Bob wanted to go for his walk and the s18 was done, so not wanting to leave them in the container where i’m at, i turned on the s22 to trolley out to the road and this strange behavior happened. less than 150 miles mostly on my paved rd. no crashes just tip overs on pasture. 

manually carried and trolleyed it to thd road storage area in it’s now separate box and was able to video and take screen shots for any clues. 

be nice if king song had their battery hotline opened now. i’ll contact freemotion and see what they think.

605F0101-F02E-4FDA-8DFD-D3B2D24A3B51.thumb.png.f26db9699e3286895fd87ba3deed1e9f.png9A54202C-7538-4E85-B9F8-B543710A8152.thumb.png.2d91bade12e795eb5fbfc9a378105a6c.png

• Sad 1

so Bob and i are finally at my gate halfway done with our daily excursion.

so right before we left, i told Bob to hang on, because i was thinking maybe i should move the s22’s private keter box further away from trees and the s18’s keter box,

and i wanted to do a little peeking to see if there was anything obvious. keep in mind, ofher than attempting to cross my pastures, which does jiggle the wheels anc the rider miserably, 99.97% have been gentle miles on my road 27mph and less. i’m bery gentle on wheels because i have practically zero trust in them, because of issues like this. my first king song wheel in 2017 only charged to 92% until i bought another charger from jason and two late night messenger sessions using their developer software. finally got it to 100% soc.

this one brand new charged the left side to 95% and the right to 100%. didn’t seem like an issue, and with bms updates had improved to 97plus on the left.

now this what i call, auromatic park mode.

i’m not riding ig again until somebody analyzes and fixes it or a new wheel or a refund. i don’t trust it.

esp now. so i do my investigation, take a photo, turn on the app on the phone, stand the wheel upright and turn it on, and it beeps and says “battery one ok”. 

and i take these new screen shots.

4521C5A3-9921-4688-826C-4F5F14C5DFA8.thumb.png.6b766e69cb1fe168b272eaeb4302744c.png4C583BAE-46EE-4651-B5FA-CFDAED5BE2C6.thumb.png.063758fe507487c47d49ec4b8e3b4ce2.png4E3D411B-25B2-4887-B928-E070A44B1354.thumb.png.2f5bc3eabca23d7419e4e0b708d66401.png9352F8A7-CA87-49DA-BD3A-79E1B2F84F6F.thumb.png.de14636916a27a45ff25a2cc461ecc5f.png

didn’t know it got this cold in tampa, or anywhere on earth, maybe canada. but will cause severe tiltback to 45 degrees or more.

does make my decision about getting rid of it easier. i think a v11 would be a better fit for me. i’m not liking the s22 so much now. maybe freemotion can swap me out with a new v11 and some cash instead of attempting to fix this s22.

C98A2FA8-2D72-4CE3-B708-8433825F021F.thumb.jpeg.47e39731d365a213f98ff7e149ea8705.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

i’m not alone. yup she’s not welcomed here anymore.

https://youtu.be/yt6Ii74bvYg

here’s another video on the problem. if this is correct, and we’re not even close to rainy season here, dry as vegas now humidity wise, this would be ridiculous, esp for outdoor storage.

i don’t buy the condensation or mold or software update theory because the updates were done, weeks ago and i’ve been riding it almost daily, like last night almost 6 miles and when i trolleyed it inside this morning it self balanced and trolleyed just fine. only after plugging the charger in to confirm it was topped off, did it start with error 27 problem.

something else is screwed up.

3 month old babied wheel ridden less than 150 miles, now just junk. i won’t ride it until whatever is causinv this is repaired and something that makes logical sense.

this sb a psa because it is happening quite a bit evidently.

Edited by novazeus

@novazeus 

I would double check my battery cables, either an issue with the BMS or the connection of the battery sensors to the board. Hopefully the latter, could just be a loose cable from all the pasture shenanigans. Otherwise maybe a loose connection within the pack itself, which unfortunately not so easy to fix.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chanman said:

@novazeus 

I would double check my battery cables, either an issue with the BMS or the connection of the battery sensors to the board. Hopefully the latter, could just be a loose cable from all the pasture shenanigans. Otherwise maybe a loose connection within the pack itself, which unfortunately not so easy to fix.

it's going back to the dealer or somebody buying it as is. seems to be a common problem. error 27. now the wheel thinks it's perfectly fine. the pasture is rough riding but it's slow rough riding, and only a couple of times to see if it would be possible. harder on the rider than the wheel. wheels ridden on trails see waaay more abuse than this wheel, it's seen none except tip overs with a yoga mat bumper. this might be a software bms issue, who knows, like i said, it was charging 95%/100% from brand new. no use me opening it up and voiding my warranty.

i've already emailed and called freemotion. just waiting on them now to reply.

I would say there's no warranty voiding just for undoing a few screws and reseating some cables, you don't even have to access the control board, and it makes sense to try some simple troubleshooting before mailing off wheels. However I don't know how reasonable Freemotion is compared to other dealers, and it seems like you've made a decision that you don't want anything to do with it anymore anyway, so maybe it's not worth the effort for you.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chanman said:

I would say there's no warranty voiding just for undoing a few screws and reseating some cables, you don't even have to access the control board, and it makes sense to try some simple troubleshooting before mailing off wheels. However I don't know how reasonable Freemotion is compared to other dealers, and it seems like you've made a decision that you don't want anything to do with it anymore anyway, so maybe it's not worth the effort for you.

until i hear back from freemotion and or king song. 

battery issues, especially ones that aren’t isolated, the comments in the youtube videos proves there are several with the same issue, sb investigated thoroughly and resolved so there are no more fires. i saw the video of the one in nyc.

and it doesn’t seem to be resolved. 

and people have gone to great lengths already to try and fix the problem.

mine says no problem now, but it’s too late.

Edited by novazeus

1 hour ago, chanman said:

If you're trying to associate the battery fire in NYC with the S20 and the BMS errors that occur now, it's not related at all. The fire incident was root caused, there was a serious software flaw that allowed the batteries to continue to short out when the control board failed. There was a report published and a fix, and an associated renaming to S22 once the fix was deployed. The BMS errors you see now are things like bad connections to temperature sensors or similar, and are not a fire risk by themselves, but may require a pack replacement to get working normally.

well this guy thinks e rides fixed his removing mold.

this he said is the video e rides made while fixing it.

so guessing won't fix it. freemotion or king song needs to figure it out. happening to lots of wheels.

posted on reddit.

lots of wheels same problem.

KS22

renderTimingPixel.png

I got my beloved KS22 two weeks ago. Best wheel I‘ve ever ridden in terms of power/comfort. I have ridden many euc‘s. The last the two weeks were so exciting, rode many nice paths I knew from before and had a hell of a time. 300km.

2 days ago I went for errands and came back to my wheel tiltbacking at mounting on and showing error 27 on the display ( er 27 ).

Yeah, did everything in the range of possible and the wheel wouldnt „deerror“ if you know what i mean.

Contacted reseller got a special kingsong apps userdata and password.

Logged in and and got „Malfunctioning BMS“ and „no connection left batterypack“ alerts.

Ok on advice from a very commited engineer at the reseller I got the battery packs out and shorted 2 pins. Yeah - thats the way to reset your 126v batterypack bms. If you dont take that serious that shit can kill you.

Assembled everything together started special app diagnoses again and boom

Er 27 and that fucking annoying peeping all the time.

Rinse and repeat 2 times, no better outcome.

Sry for the rant i cant w8 to hear from kingsong/reseller tomorrow.

Edit: entered ridden km on ks22

17 minutes ago, chanman said:

Cool, not at all related to the fire like you were trying to imply for some reason.

we, u and me, do not know what is causing this error. could this error whatever it is, cause a fire, again, u or me do not know.

only somebody like king song or the dealer investigating it and figuring out what is causing error 27, and in my wheel, battery packs unbalanced from new. if somebody knows what is causing error 27 in all these wheels, it hasn't been made evident yet. mine had it, not it's gone. loose connectors doesn't seem likely. idk, i don't guess when riding something like a wheel. could this error 27 happen while riding, again, idk, i don't want to guess. maybe king song knows?

Edited by novazeus

You're being general enough now as to not be completely off base, but you should have left the original now irrelevant fire out of your point, as it's a completely separate and now solved issue.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, chanman said:

You're being general enough now as to not be completely off base, but you should have left the original now irrelevant fire out of your point, as it's a completely separate and now solved issue.

i have it stored outside away from my other wheel because with any battery error code that seems prudent when lots of other wheels are having the same problem but no consistent remedy. one said new motherboard, one says mold, mine thinks it fixed itself, another thinks software update problem, etc etc etc, would these issues possibly cause a fire, idk, be stupid to keep it under ur bed. 

freemotion or king song will do something, or they won't. i'll certainly be patient enough, and store it where it hopefully won't start a fire, until they contact me. i'm not riding it or screwing around with it until i receive direction from them. maybe they will learn something. doesn't seem to be any conclusive reason why this is happening or any conclusive fix. is this problem making it a ticking time bomb, i don't think so, but i don't like a bms thinking it's -400f.  something is screwed up. could just be software/firmware, because the firmware thing about checking for updates isn't working on the device software. 

if u read the comments in the videos, and the posts, same issue error 27, but doesn't seem like anybody has nailed down what is causing it. and can error 27 happen while riding? that's kinda of a big deal.

Edited by novazeus