Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 minute ago, spitfire1337 said:

Little update, since all the bolts on that side were loose I was able to pry up the battery box just enough to get the bolt off of the pack and then slide that pack out. There's damage to the pack, thankfully the cell wasn't punctured or 2 cells bridged and shorted but the side of one cell was definitely ground down some. Now I'm fighting with the bolt to try and either tighten it some or get it out to be a le to pull the motor out while I wait for word back from alienrides.

20230329_132734.jpg

20230329_132727.jpg

I think you can disconnect the suspension system at the top where lift handle is then unscrew and pull out the top bridge and unscrew the front bumper and trolley handle making the battery boxes not connected to each other other than the motor, that way you might get enough loose tolerance to move that box out a bit and pull it off the frame, just an idea, not guaranteed to work but possibly.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I think you can disconnect the suspension system at the top where lift handle is then unscrew and pull out the top bridge and unscrew the front bumper and trolley handle making the battery boxes not connected to each other other than the motor, that way you might get enough loose tolerance to move that box out a bit and pull it off the frame, just an idea, not guaranteed to work but possibly.

I've already got the entire suspension assembly removed, you can remove the bridge that goes to each box but I need to get a torch and heat up the bolts on one side. Seems they switched up the loctite from the motor to those bolts 🤣 that box needs to come off either way as it will need to be replaced.

• Like 1

Ultimately the blame is on kingsong if they came from the factory without thread locker. I still have to question how the guy let it get like that though, I mean that doesn't happen in a day, or probably even a week.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, spitfire1337 said:

And another update, got a blowtorch and was able to separate the battery boxes, which did give me enough wiggle room to lift the box away from the bolt and tap it out with a hammer. All but 1 motor bolt had no loctite.20230329_211617.thumb.jpg.3879ea93bf9599793d954cb64d1434f9.jpg20230329_211646.thumb.jpg.5f845dd47cfaadddcd2079f4c5da4ff4.jpg

Let me tell you, you got super unlucky here, for most everyone else it's the total opposite problem with these screws where it's super hard to get them out even with heat, must be a complete QC miss at the factory.

20 minutes ago, chanman said:

Ultimately the blame is on kingsong if they came from the factory without thread locker. I still have to question how the guy let it get like that though, I mean that doesn't happen in a day, or probably even a week.

What must this shitshow sound like when riding? LOL, unbelievable someone wouldnt notice that there is a massive/catastrophic problem with the wheel....

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

What must this shitshow sound like when riding? LOL, unbelievable someone wouldnt notice that there is a massive/catastrophic problem with the wheel....

+1.

The bolt head was grinding into the battery case with each suspension movement.

This is metal grinding metal. How can one ignore this noise, and still ride?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

+1.

The bolt head was grinding into the battery case with each suspension movement.

This is metal grinding metal. How can one ignore this noise, and still ride?

He had assumed it was the suspension sliders getting worse since he was feeling the suspension start to tighten up and that's when he had ordered the slider kit. Unfortunately the kit arrived after things got too bad.

13 hours ago, NErider said:

I got a set of the Grizzla upper fenders, and thier front bumper for the S22. With the Eride Pedals and the roller suspension I couldn't be happier with it. This thing is awesome! 

20230407_101640.jpg

did u move the pedals forward or is that how the eride pedals mount on the stock hangers? i like it!

answered my own question. here's my stock pedals moved forward and down.

A7BFCBA0-A84A-4713-8AC2-001CDD2E7FD8.png.e0ff1ca449f83c0380eba71efaf53fb2.png

Edited by novazeus

19 hours ago, Tawpie said:

warranty item for sure... looks like it's nearly worn a hole in the case. :efee96588e:

Really just the finish I think , glad I caught it. Got my 244 on last night.

072D1B25-CB27-43DF-BC54-B4A1D7790CF6.jpeg

0932B9AA-B2D3-48D1-88E0-AE78BDBC7E8E.jpeg

Grade 10.9 fasteners in photo above, I decided not to lock tite them rather will inspect after every ride. They were on there so tite I needed to use my impact driver to get them loose, heat didn’t work.

Edited by Crab

7 hours ago, Crab said:

Grade 10.9 fasteners in photo above, I decided not to lock tite them rather will inspect after every ride. They were on there so tite I needed to use my impact driver to get them loose, heat didn’t work.

You can always use the light duty loc tight. I think it is pink or purple? It's nice to have something holding them from working loose. 

1 hour ago, NErider said:

You can always use the light duty loc tight. I think it is pink or purple? It's nice to have something holding them from working loose. 

I might go with longer ones next time, I’d recommend 500mi tear down for everyone.

• Like 1

My batch 1 bearings are done after just 1750 km. Just by riding on wet ground with puddles. Luckily I have another motor waiting already. I’m expecting the new bearings to be just as weak. Any ideas on hot to protect them?

47 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

My batch 1 bearings are done after just 1750 km. Just by riding on wet ground with puddles. Luckily I have another motor waiting already. I’m expecting the new bearings to be just as weak. Any ideas on hot to protect them?

I believe the S22 already has the second outer seal. I think re-lubricating the bearings with a quality marine wheel bearing grease would be one possible course of action. 

A 20-30% percentage fill is considered normal

Edited by techyiam

On 4/7/2023 at 11:40 PM, novazeus said:

did u move the pedals forward or is that how the eride pedals mount on the stock hangers? i like it!

You can actually mount them in the default position or shifted forward depending on preference. 

On 4/7/2023 at 11:40 PM, novazeus said:

Yes, the Pedals are swapped from right to left to bias them forward. But I think the Erides pedals don't offset as far forward as the original pedals do if you swap them left to right. 

I can't say enough good things about the erides pedals. And the Grizzla front bumper. Great mods. 

7 minutes ago, NErider said:

Yes, the Pedals are swapped from right to left to bias them forward. But I think the Erides pedals don't offset as far forward as the original pedals do if you swap them left to right. 

I can't say enough good things about the erides pedals. And the Grizzla front bumper. Great mods. 

i want to change out my v13 pedals when somebody makes some for it with forward bias. i had to move the pedal hangers on the s22. there was a youtube video showing  how to do it.