Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 minute ago, cyfur said:

yea, mine was like that but maybe even a bit worse.. :facepalm:

Single slider video of mine below

It's normal to have a little bit resistance at the bottom entrance there because the rubber seal for the battery sticks out a little bit but once inside they should move freely without friction.

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

they should move freely without friction

At the end of the video when I'm pulling the slider out (i.e. only the top 3 wheels in the middle of the channel) it is definitely not "without friction" lol. I am pulling pretty hard.

6 minutes ago, cyfur said:

At the end of the video when I'm pulling the slider out (i.e. only the top 3 wheels in the middle of the channel) it is definitely not "without friction" lol. I am pulling pretty hard.

The reason I react is that at no point was the whole slider inside but I don't doubt your experience.

this is why i wasn't in a rush to fix my amateur s22. if i have to fix china junk, i only want to do it once. i don't need a hobby now in my present situation. 

if they ever figure it out, and enthusiasts wheels are holding up with slider changes, i might consider changing them if my amateur version doesn't wear in to my satisfaction. i'm thinking with all my myakka sand and different lubes, the sliders might wear in and suit my purpose fine. i'm not convinced ball bearing drawer guides are the best solution.

if the wheel doesn't do what i want, hopefully another one i bought will, and i'll sell the s22 to a hobbyist type wheel enthusiast.

• Like 1

With the ks version roller slides... Try only installing the rollers closest to the middle and keep the 'outside' rollers off and see the difference of fit... Ideally the slide should be doweled into position but we are talking KS here... You should only need the rollers on the inside track to keep everything centered....if there is not a lot of slop in the screw clearance.... 

Damit, it looks like plastic slide body and not aluminum like the ones KS was posting about!!!... Another easily broken item!;!🖕

Edited by MetricUSA

36 minutes ago, NErider said:

Do the Ewheels provided sliders just show up in the mail? Or is there an email notification that they are sent out? 

Probably should email them. They sent mine right away once they saw the email.

35 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

it looks like plastic slide body and not aluminum like the ones KS was posting about!

the slider body that holds the rollers is aluminum. and pretty sharp in some places, I cut my finger just pushing on the edge while trying to get the thing to slide all the way to the end...

Just got my wheel back together after putting the roller sliders in from EWheels (and motherboard swap but unrelated). Movement seems overall better than stock but still a lot of friction, also getting some vibration on hard acceleration and braking that is somewhat of a problem, both on hard and soft ride modes.

6 hours ago, chanman said:

Just got my wheel back together after putting the roller sliders in from EWheels (and motherboard swap but unrelated). Movement seems overall better than stock but still a lot of friction, also getting some vibration on hard acceleration and braking that is somewhat of a problem, both on hard and soft ride modes.

Unfortunately the vibrations means either the sliders are installed wrong (they are not facing the same way on each side) or a mounting screw is loose. 😕

49 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Unfortunately the vibrations means either the sliders are installed wrong (they are not facing the same way on each side) or a mounting screw is loose

I think the eWheels sliders only have the one orientation they can go on and I want to say all the screws should be tight. I did omit one of the rollers in the middle on one slider (out of 8) because the peg was bent, thinking with all of the 4 and 6 roller designs around it probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

Edited by chanman

9 minutes ago, chanman said:

I think the eWheels sliders only have the one orientation they can go on and I want to say all the screws should be tight. I did omit one of the 8 rollers on one slider because the peg was bent, thinking with all of the 4 and 6 roller designs around it probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

You can choose which you install on left and right side, they should be pointing the same direction on each side i.e. be symmetrical, like this:

image.png.fb86b667420cbf01396ddac0d55496ea.png

Which one did you skip? Bottom and top ones are critical.

I would probably report this to ewheels and maybe they need to send you a replacement one.

Edited by Rawnei

The thing with 6 or 8 roller sliders even the original designer Alexander said more than 4 doesn't really add much as it's the topmost and bottom-most 2 that will be taking all the stress anyway so the rest is just for show and doesn't really add anything according to him, so community modifying the 4 rollers and adding more leads to confusion, "oh one wheel is broken it's ok I have 8 of them but totally depends on which wheel as the 2 top and 2 bottom ones are vital, so if that is the case it will be exactly same with King Song ones and it's surprising they copied the 8 roller version in their official design without this consideration.

image.png.902ea8ed99db8131806f9cd027f600c9.png

image.thumb.png.b38fe6644fa13ce9c5770260c1e5ed4b.png

image.png.589d57e8de75821c0cd2025157b14523.png

Edited by Rawnei

Here's one side of what I installed, although I think I put one of these missing ones back on.  

https://imgur.com/a/Bxn12aI

Apparently I didn't think to document the other side but like I said it only really goes the one way, and all 4 pieces I got were identical.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chanman said:

Here's one side of what I installed, although I think I put one of these missing ones back on.  

Apparently I didn't think to document the other side but like I said it only really goes the one way, and all 4 pieces I got were identical.

Since these are different length much longer than the 4 wheel variant I wonder where most of the stress are applied if it's the same (two top ones).

Another thing to check for is loose mounting screws but possibly ewheels can offer better advice what's causing it since I haven't worked with these myself, I think ewheels should replace the broken/bent one.

Edited by Rawnei

On 1/13/2023 at 4:52 PM, Paul g said:

Am I the only one who thinks KingSong claims are pure bulls!tt?? They claim the S20/22 had 3,300W motor while real life tests show the Sherman S, which has a motor of 3,000W, has visibly more torque, while speed is about the same in both. 

Wattage is a measurement of energy per second, not torque. On EUC World I can see that the S22 pulls power beteen 3-5Kw.

5 hours ago, chanman said:

Re: Friction, looking further at this photo, are you 100% sure that all those wheels are fully pressed down as much as possible? The picture is a little bit blurry so it could be my imagination but I think I see some variances there and some wheels do look more pressed down than others if you compare the pins.

Edited by Rawnei

34 minutes ago, PourUC said:

Wattage is a measurement of energy per second, not torque. On EUC World I can see that the S22 pulls power beteen 3-5Kw.

You forgot about the relation Power = torque x angular velecoty ~ torque x speed

So same speed and power (and tire radius) has to result in the same torque!

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Re: Friction, looking further at this photo, are you 100% sure that all those wheels are fully pressed down as much as possible

Yes, there were some variances, the tolerances on these are not great, I tried to push the problem ones in a good bit before install but I couldn't get all of them perfect, although worth a second attempt if I'm going to take it apart to do the screws again anyway.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PourUC said:

yes! the other issue is wheel diameter and torque - it's amazing how may don't get this (v13). It would be good to get a measurement of torque to the ground. Quite a few have questioned the v12ht re torque; it seems not much different to the HS. As wrongway has pointed out, heavier wheel and heavier tire are probably negating most of the extra torque by the time it reaches the ground.

Edited by Uras

Will someone help me understand the real difference of the 4000W motor vs the 3300W motor with the S22 Pro version?  I noticed that those are the nominal wattages and that the peak voltage is 7500W for both models.  I have the S22 from eWheels that has the Samsung 40T battery pack, a pinned motor, and the new official Kingsong sliders on it, so it seems to me that everything on it is the same as the Pro version coming soon, minus the 4000W motor.  When it comes to specs, the top speed is the same, the 40 degree climbing ability is the same, peak voltage of 7500W is the same, so what real difference would I see with the 4000W motor?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anutheroneup said:

Will someone help me understand the real difference of the 4000W motor vs the 3300W motor with the S22 Pro version?  I noticed that those are the nominal wattages and that the peak voltage is 7500W for both models.  I have the S22 from eWheels that has the Samsung 40T battery pack, a pinned motor, and the new official Kingsong sliders on it, so it seems to me that everything on it is the same as the Pro version coming soon, minus the 4000W motor.  When it comes to specs, the top speed is the same, the 40 degree climbing ability is the same, peak voltage of 7500W is the same, so what real difference would I see with the 4000W motor?  

Traditionally (and EUCs aren't 'traditional'), motor wattage is a measure of the amount of sustained power the motor can 'handle', and this effectively means "before it starts to melt". It has been a measure of heat dissipation capability and not a measure of acceleration or brake horsepower or speed.

The OG S22's motor seems to run hot—which might be from where they placed the thermocouple or it might actually have more losses in it that are converting power to heat instead of thrust. Bumping up the wattage rating could be something as simple as "it cools better", or something else like it's wound differently or the electromagnets are more efficient.

Another thing is they did change motor manufacturers. The new factory may have a 4000W offering and no 3300W. 

There are rumors that KS also changed the MOSFETs on the Pro, but until someone is willing to pry one up it remains a rumor. If they did, and as a consequence they're able to deliver more current to the motor (and they modify their firmware to do so), they'll need a motor that can handle the higher power.

Hang tight for EcoDrift, they'll let us know what's actually different!

(it doesn't matter, but I'm not seeing anything that makes me believe my S22 Amateur needs to be replaced)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

I'm not sure if the MOSFETs are really improved either, Ecodrift didn't look at them. The "upgrade" specification they've been boasting is the same specification as the existing MOSFETs as I understand it. 🤷‍♂️

Possibly just marketing shenanigans, they we're going to "change" the mosfets first (which doesn't always mean better) but in the end they might have left the controller as is.

Controller is unchanged, I have had many back and forth emails with Jason and my order is in for the updated S22. Should ship out in 7-10 days with the new motor, 40T packs, and sliders installed, I also decided on the street tire option.

7A4A58EA-CFB1-439C-99DC-B1AA6A250D51.png

Edited by Crab
  • Like 1