Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

21 minutes ago, Crab said:

Controller is unchanged, I have had many back and forth emails with Jason and my order is in for the updated S22. Should ship out in 7-10 days with the new motor, 40T packs, and sliders installed, I also decided on the street tire option.

But is it the Pro version?

1 hour ago, Crab said:

Pro spec.

It doesn't sound like eWheels are shipping out S22 Pro's.

It sounds more like they are shipping out S22's retrofitted with the roller slider kit, and the new motor.

In the Ecodrift-Life S22 Pro video, the roller sliders, as well as the battery case channels for the slider rollers are wider.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It sounds more like they are shipping out S22's retrofitted with the roller slider kit, and the new motor.

In the Ecodrift-Life S22 Pro video, the roller sliders, as well as the battery case channels for the slider rollers are wider.

It does sound like it will be an S22 with S22 Pro specs.  This should be made more clear as buyers will think they have S22 Pro size channels on the battery boxes but in reality have old S22 boxes.  Well what is it?  Real S22 Pro or imposter?

https://www.ewheels.com/product/king-song-s20-eagle-100-deposit/

image.thumb.png.678a35bb43958cdfb33a56798da4a231.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paradox said:

It does sound like it will be an S22 with S22 Pro specs.  This should be made more clear as buyers will think they have S22 Pro size channels on the battery boxes but in reality have old S22 boxes.  Well what is it?  Real S22 Pro or imposter?

image.thumb.png.678a35bb43958cdfb33a56798da4a231.png

If it says Pro it should be a Pro anything else would be deception, perhaps someone could mail them and clarify.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah definitely a big distinction between what I've seen reported as the pro sliders with the 12mm width screw-in rollers and the ones they've been shipping out to retrofit old S22's with 7mm rollers that press on pegs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My understanding is that the pro is what they are calling anything with the new motor and sliders. I could call my second s22 a pro at this point. I've got the v1 pro sliders with wheels, I've got the new 4kw motor on the way. I've installed a street tire. I think we should be calling the updated sliders as v1 for the original s22, and v2 for the 'pro' but that might just be me. I don't foresee much maintenance on these updated sliders. I've put 500 miles on the aftermarket aluminum sliders from my wheels, and can't tell any difference from them to the new v1 sliders.

6 hours ago, Crab said:

47E47752-18CB-4B5F-802C-D53D2912BAAA.png

I believe that communication took place between eWheels and Kingsong last year in December - that's when I first saw it.

image.thumb.png.3342efc76dd89d36994eb870c815f8ba.png

@eevees has also removed mention of "150v 4.0m N-Ch Power Mosfets" from the Key Features on their S22 Pro preorder page. EDIT:  STILL SHOWS IN DESCRIPTION PER @Paradox BELOW.

Based on @chanman's photo, the S22 are 150v and may very well be the same as those in the S22 Pro.

So, this appears to be another big nothing. 

Dear YouTubers (ahem) and resellers (except eWheels): please stop echoing BS from the manufacturers until you actually receive the wheels and can verify the claims.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

To be clear you can't actually tell anything from my photo, except that the package is larger than the V11's, it could be 100V, 125V, 150V, or even higher rated. They seem to be stuck on to the board pretty good so I can't quite peel them back and see a part number, and I have some hope of repairing this board so don't really want to destroy it for science. Elsewhere people have mentioned the JMSH1504AS, which is a 150V part.

Edited by chanman
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Paradox said:

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

I had an adverse reaction at first also. I think KS probably shipped upgrade parts to (some) resellers and decided to call this a new "Pro" model, as @Crab posted above. Later batches from Kingsong will probably have these upgrades and maybe others as well, but that happens anyway.

According to @EcoDrift's excellent unboxing and first impressions, their new Pro model has the following differences:

- v2 roller sliders with screws not rivets to fasten the roller wheels

- new (4,000w?) motor, some good some not so good changes

- improved velcro attachment - velcro seems to be glued on completely and securely

- same controller

Their side-by-side photos of the original and Pro S22 indicate that the plastic parts' red color may now be a closer match to the darker red on the metal suspension frame. Chooch's recent unboxing video stated this as well.

@techyiam You could be right. However, Chooch's video implied that his S22 Pro review wheel came from eWheels, fwiw.  I guess we won't know for sure until one of us does a teardown of this new version.

13 minutes ago, chanman said:

To be clear you can't actually tell anything from my photo, except that the package is larger than the V11's, it could be 100V, 150V, or even higher rated. They seem to be stuck on to the board pretty good so I can't quite peel them back and see a part number, and I have some hope of repairing this board so don't really want to destroy it for science. Elsewhere people have mentioned the JMSH1504AS, which is a 150V part.

6 hours ago, chanman said:

The existing fets are already 150V btw, not that is particularly special, I think it's probably the minimum for the 126V system. 
Bonus shot comparing fets because I happen to have both boards lying around (V11 for failed mosfets, S22 for a damaged capacitor due to my own negligence) ignore the missing 2 on the v11, I tried to replace them but was a bit beyond my soldering skill.

Okay, original MOSFETs are or are *not* 150v. So we are back to where we started. Maybe both simultaneously? Quantum computing. :wacko:

43 minutes ago, litewave said:

has also removed mention of "150v 4.0m N-Ch Power Mosfets" from the Key Features on their S22 Pro preorder page.

It is stil there under "Description"

image.thumb.png.e79f9172ce5bc27f2e5f0ce603194634.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chanman said:

Important part of the message there, just don't feel like sacrificing my board to verify

fair enough, but without quoting the original source to evaluate for credibility, it's rumor at best.

47 minutes ago, litewave said:

You could be right. However, Chooch's video implied that his S22 Pro review wheel came from eWheels, fwiw.  I guess we won't know for sure until one of us does a teardown of this new version.

The telltale is in the width of the slot of the slide channel in the integrated battery cases.

The S22 Pro has a wider slot to accommodate the wider rail.

So, if Kingsong is sending the slider kits to retrofit, then the wheels to be retrofitted has to be S22's, not S22 Pro's.

• Like 1

KS is really making a mess with naming on this.. The way I see it there is really nothing PRO about it. Begode are marking the T4 and Master with the V2, V3 to specify that it's a newer batch and there are some changes. KS are changing the name on this wheel for a second time now after making some changes in production proces.. It was s20, than changed to S22, now S22 PRO, next is S22 PRO MAX, than they gonna get sued by Apple, than rename it again to S22 SUPER, gonna get sued by nVidia, than gonna leave it at KS S23... 

All these fuckups aside, i'm seriously considering getting the new "PRO" model as it's seems to be fixed up enough now.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drunkard said:

KS is really making a mess with naming on this.. The way I see it there is really nothing PRO about it. Begode are marking the T4 and Master with the V2, V3 to specify that it's a newer batch and there are some changes. KS are changing the name on this wheel for a second time now after making some changes in production proces.. It was s20, than changed to S22, now S22 PRO, next is S22 PRO MAX, than they gonna get sued by Apple, than rename it again to S22 SUPER, gonna get sued by nVidia, than gonna leave it at KS S23... 

All these fuckups aside, i'm seriously considering getting the new "PRO" model as it's seems to be fixed up enough now.. 

Despite the naming fuckups it's a pretty nice wheel!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1