Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Mine used to charge to 100% but now it charges less and less, last it was 125.2V, from what I understand the BMS and charger balancing settings might be poorly adjusted from factory, me and @supercurio will take an extra look at mine soon.

And I'm gonna be honest with you, you have many questions and if want people to see them and reply to them it's better to keep your posts short and simple.

the simple question is:(for s22 owners)

what bms firmware is ur bms using on ur king song s22?

seems there's lots of different versions!

and did the king song software automarically upgrade it as designed, or did u play with soft tuner or some other app to change ur bms firmware.

like, what is the correct version? does anbody know? 

the king somg app/software says ur bms firmware is up to date, no matter which version ur running! i was running 2.08, said it was fine, then switched to 2.15, and it said it was fine too.

Edited by novazeus

Ecodrift teardown the King Song S22 Pro and show the difference between the dimensions/roller fixture of the two 8 Roller Slider upgrade versions.

Kingsong S22 Pro. Disassembling — ECODRIFT

monokoleso-kingsong-s22-pro-26.jpg

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

the simple question is:(for s22 owners)

what bms firmware is ur bms using on ur king song s22?

seems there's lots of different versions!

and did the king song software automarically upgrade it as designed, or did u play with soft tuner or some other app to change ur bms firmware.

like, what is the correct version? does anbody know? 

the king somg app/software says ur bms firmware is up to date, no matter which version ur running! i was running 2.08, said it was fine, then switched to 2.15, and it said it was fine too.

I have 2.25 on the motherboard and 2.15 on the BMS, I usually use softtuner to update purely by personal choice.

2.25 on motherboard and 2.15 on BMS. Used KingSong app and no issues. Other than concerns about original motor which was replaced by pinned motor I haven’t had any issues with my S22. Hundreds of miles both on and off road and still works great. 

• Like 1

the king song app told me my firmware was up to date with 2.08.

soft tuner said none of their firmware for the bms was compatible, not 2.15, or 2.08 when i went back and checked. 

has anybody been in touch with king song to figure out which version we sb running?

there's 2.16 and 2.17 for the bms. why did u pick 2.15?

my internet is wireless with at&t and absolutely sucks, so i thought that might be the reason ks wasn't updating like it should.

5 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

2.25 on motherboard and 2.15 on BMS. Used KingSong app and no issues. Other than concerns about original motor which was replaced by pinned motor I haven’t had any issues with my S22. Hundreds of miles both on and off road and still works great. 

6B59925A-6457-4F7A-9D7E-379E61F4291B.thumb.png.cbeaa157fc10c3ec1de0914987fcea42.png

38429121-D58C-46F9-85F7-F43F3E2DCCCB.png

44 minutes ago, novazeus said:

If you check description on 2.16 it says "not for customer", 2.17 must be something new wasn't there before.

Perhaps you have some such an old firmware version that it won't recognize the upgrade for it, you can force it with softtuner, I would advice you to upgrade mainboard firmware first then BMS.

2 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Screenshot shows 2.15 and 2.25. Why do you think you’re on 2.08?

Nice catch, I didn't even look. 🤣

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

If you check description on 2.16 it says "not for customer", 2.17 must be something new wasn't there before.

Perhaps you have some such an old firmware version that it won't recognize the upgrade for it, you can force it with softtuner, I would advice you to upgrade mainboard firmware first then BMS.

1 hour ago, jrhz06 said:

Screenshot shows 2.15 and 2.25. Why do you think you’re on 2.08?

let me try again, obviously i wasn’t clear enough.

i had version 2.08.

the king song app said i was up to date on all firmware.

when i went to soft tuner, it said 2.15 wasn’t compatible with my device, and it said the same with 2.16, 2.15, 2.17,

and after i changed it to 2.15, i went back and it said 2.08 wasn’t compatible.

see for urself!

my question is, who picked ver 2.15 for u?

did the kingsong app automatically pick it?

if u picked, why not 2.16 or 2.17?

like i’ve said about a hundred times now, at&t blows u know what, so i tried to put this on at&t but now i think it’s just typical king song bullshit!

yeah, i know it’s on 2.15 now and it did boost the amount of charge it will take.

i just wanna know from king song, which one we sb running, u know, so we don’t have fires!

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

the king song app told me my firmware was up to date with 2.08.

soft tuner said none of their firmware for the bms was compatible, not 2.15, or 2.08 when i went back and checked. 

has anybody been in touch with king song to figure out which version we sb running?

my internet is wireless with at&t and absolutely sucks, so i thought that might be the reason ks wasn't updating like it should.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

my mainboard version isn’t the problem. it’s the same as urs.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

oh yeah, btw, now king song says both versions are up to date, the exact same thing it said when i had 2.08.

i’ll contact king song.

having the wrong version or old version like 2.15, might be a firestarter!

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

let me try again, obviously i wasn’t clear enough.

i had version 2.08.

the king song app said i was up to date on all firmware.

when i went to soft tuner, it said 2.15 wasn’t compatible with my device, and it said the same with 2.16, 2.15, 2.17,

and after i changed it to 2.15, i went back and it said 2.08 wasn’t compatible.

see for urself!

my question is, who picked ver 2.15 for u?

did the kingsong app automatically pick it?

if u picked, why not 2.16 or 2.17?

like i’ve said about a hundred times now, at&t blows u know what, so i tried to put this on at&t but now i think it’s just typical king song bullshit!

yeah, i know it’s on 2.15 now and it did boost the amount of charge it will take.

i just wanna know from king song, which one we sb running, u know, so we don’t have fires!

I think you are complicating things, if you are on 2.25 + 2.15 then you are good don't need to worry.

• Like 1

The S22 at EEVEES is now marked as Sold Out.

The V12 HS is also marked as Sold Out. But Bradley said they will no longer going to carry them.

I wonder what is going to happen to the S22 at EEVEES? Is the S22 Pro going to replace it, or has EEVEES had enough of the S22?

43 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The S22 at EEVEES is now marked as Sold Out.

The V12 HS is also marked as Sold Out. But Bradley said they will no longer going to carry them.

I wonder what is going to happen to the S22 at EEVEES? Is the S22 Pro going to replace it, or has EEVEES had enough of the S22?

You could ask, Bradley is there on and off. 
https://t.me/EUCVancouver

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Given their focus on managing their inventory load, my money is on "pro only". Unless KS is going to make the S22 Amateur at a steep discount (which would surprise me)

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

oh yeah, btw, now king song says both versions are up to date, the exact same thing it said when i had 2.08.

i’ll contact king song.

having the wrong version or old version like 2.15, might be a firestarter!

What tells you that 2.08 is not safe? Im on this Version since August and all fine and balanced , was there a sognificantely change? 

• Like 1

I'm on 2.14 for the bms, no update showing on my phone. My main firmware is 2.25. since I have an Android phone, soft tuner is not an option for me.... Hopefully my app will detect the update, although it hasn't yet on either of my s22s 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

I wonder what is going to happen to the S22 at EEVEES? Is the S22 Pro going to replace it

I think that KS will only produce the S22 Pro moving forward. The discount will be gone for sure, though it would be a good idea for KS to lower MSRP a bit since the wheel has a small battery configuration.

(s20 -> s22 -> s22 pro)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I think that KS will only produce the S22 Pro moving forward. The discount will be gone for sure, though it would be a good idea for KS to lower MSRP a bit since the wheel has a small battery configuration.

(s20 -> s22 -> s22 pro)

Yes it's seems reasonable that S22 Pro replaces the S22 since there ain't that many changes to begin with.

8 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

What tells you that 2.08 is not safe? Im on this Version since August and all fine and balanced , was there a sognificantely change? 

mine only showed 95% state of charge. now battery pack one shows 98% and pack two 100%. still below 126 volts.

i have no idea which version is safe or safer. why i'm asking what people are running, because obviously king songs updating software doesn't detect and update automatically. it thought 2.08 was fine, and after telling me in soft tuner 2.15 wasn't compatible, after installing it, it says it's fine. 

obviously nobody knows which version king song wants on the wheels. i seriously doubt jason knows. 

why not be running 2.17, or 2.16?

i know from past experience, the bms controls the charging as it should, but the firmware tells the bms what to do, the charger has very limited brainpower.

Edited by novazeus

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

why not be running 2.17, or 2.16?

It's experimental or otherwise "not for customer". Remember that SoftTuner is a tech support app that is for dealers and service centers, so firmware you could load via SoftTuner may not be suitable for general use... it might be have a feature that is only for troubleshooting, or for confirming that something is working or broken.

I'd stick with 2.25 mainboard and 2.15 BMS. If Freemotionshop won't tell you, go by what the KS app says (and you're up to date according to your screenshot).

Also, unless you absolutely need 1 or 2 additional very unpleasant miles of range, don't worry at all about getting to 126.0 volts. The only thing to worry about is the voltage difference of the cells from max to min. I'm routinely using the iOS KS app to limit charging to 80% these days, 100% if I'm thinking I'm going to do 50 miles. I check the cell voltages pre-and-post ride... so far all is fine (30 mV max-min).

• Like 1