Reckless riding is going to get us banned

5 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Might be over 25mph. And I agree… however 

I just think we should hold bicycles and cars to the same standard then. If you are driving a car 5 mph over the speed limit  ( 10 mph is the norm in the US before you get a ticket) turn a corner and there is a drunk man lying partly hidden in the road are going to blame the car? 

Of course the drunk was in the wrong place, no question. But a fact of life is that sometimes people are in wrong places. It is something that bicyclists, car drivers and EUC riders alike need to take in consideration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Esash said:

"High speed around a blind spot, nearly hits a homeless person, blames the homeless person."

Outrageous. I've never known a homeless person to be a drug user, and every homeless person I've encountered sprawled out across the sidewalk has only done so out of concern for the greater good.

All chooch had to do was stop and talk to that gentleman, and he probably would have discovered the gentleman had an advanced degree in STEM. He was probably conducting a physics experiment about inertia. Chooch is probably anti-science.

You’re good!! CNN is hiring. :D

• Like 1

To be clear. In older videos, I am sure that Chooch could be charged with more violations than I could count. … However almost hitting someone sitting in the bike lane is not a violation. I have noticed that he has become more law abiding as he gets older. :thumbup:

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 3

That video that was shown earlier about newscast and some rather hasty law-making is what I would talk about. There is certainly growing setting that some do not approve others moving about if it was not by cars. The main topic should be that road network has plenty of space in the USA to give this form of traffic a lane of their own. Instead the chatter is about some inviduals behaviour and then punishing everyone else by making rather foolish laws. This would make huge saving to the expences of maintaining this road network too.

Some guy from far away other country, smacking lip and condemming some young mans youthfull vigor to travel about, is just a nickel comment in rain of opinions.

I think anyone from USA should spend their energy of talking about roadnetword for bicycles and electric devices. Sadly anything new will always face resistance

I rest my case with this hate toward snowboarders who was not allowed to skislopes, anyone remember this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LOL. I just watched that video a few months ago. I was explaining to my kids how the olympics were extremely lame when I was a kid. No skateboards, snowboards or BMX. Adding synchronized swimming was the last straw. That is when my generation invented the Xgames.  

The video depicts the snowboarders as complete idiots that can’t even ride snowboards. … I actually remember those days very well. The skiers were just jealous of our mobility.  

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tasku said:

I rest my case with this hate toward snowboarders who was not allowed to skislopes, anyone remember this?

Heck yeah, I remember those dang snowboarders all showed up with their 'crazy' uni-skis; riding too fast and disrespecting all us god-fearing folk!

A bunch of drunk hippies and beatniks carving out all the fresh powder. We'd beat 'em if we could catch 'em, but they'd fly right by us like missiles.

Damned if they didn't have no breaks; like every good skier for sure uses on the downhill , but these 'boarders' ain't got no sense to slow down!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Heck yeah, I remember those dang snowboarders all showed up with their 'crazy' uni-skis; riding too fast and disrespecting all us god-fearing folk!

A bunch of drunk hippies and beatniks carving out all the fresh powder. We'd beat 'em if we could catch 'em, but they'd fly right by us like missiles.

Damned if they didn't have no breaks; like every good skier for sure uses on the downhill , but these 'boarders' ain't got no sense to slow down!

:shock2: come on now, :D I caused much more trouble when I was on skies. I don’t think I ever hit 70mph on a snowboard. :w00t2:

Seriously tho, how many sports can you think of that allow you to go 60mph plus with only 25 pounds of equipment? Skies and the old body board skateboards.  I enjoy those. What ever happened to them? 

I can’t even find them on YouTube. They were a cross between an old Baby buggy go cart and a skateboard. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul A said:

You'll take your two thousand dollar unicycle, three thousand, four thousand dollar now, is what they are getting to now, and you will literally completely destroy it, hurt yourself, because society in the United States presents itself to have people with mental health problems, and on every drug under the entire sun, just out in public, and just out around you, while you have to operate vehicles, you have to get to work, and you have to go make the money to support these people. 

People who reliably inject drugs into their bodies are good at getting money to buy those drugs. One effective way it to place oneself at urban chokepoints where people must step over you. This person laying on the ground isn't laying there by mistake, but to beg for money.

An urban area like St Louis, has about seven major homeless shelters and about ten minor outreach homeless shelters, making around 17 total homeless shelters. In addition, there's two state mental hospitals (SLPRC and Metro) in St Louis alone (I worked for about five years at SLPRC). However, the vast majority of homeless do not want to be in either shelters nor mental hospitals because they are understandably drug-free.

Yesterday as I was doing my daily walk in downtown Montgomery, AL, I noticed a man on a bench with his pants off. Coming closer, I realized he had urinated himself massively on the bench through his pants. I do see him everyday as almost without fail he asks me for money, and today I saw him again.

While I do believe being unemployed and living off state largess (hey, I was unemployed recently for four years...and enjoyed myself immensely) is perfectly fine in my book, I do see drugs destroying what is left in humans. Their brains are fried, and whatever humanity they had before, all that is left is this feral hunger for more more more drugs.

• Like 2

That bike lane is quite narrow, winding, and it's got a pretty obstructed view. The edges seem quite capable of clipping a pedal. A high speed limit like 25MPH tells me there's a fair amount of freedom in this place and also because of that, personal responsability.

Try to be careful out there when the warning signs indicate it. It helps everyone. You pass the same road 1000 times and there's nothing, then there's something. :)

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

the 'other way' was: stop, backup, get some speed, preload, JUMP and assume the victory pose

I was on the Sherman. It will be a cold day in hell before I skillfully bunny hop that 85lb chunk over anything (by default the rim would have shattered on landing and we both would have been on the floor).

11 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I was on the Sherman. It will be a cold day in hell before I skillfully bunny hop that 85lb chunk over anything (by default the rim would have shattered on landing and we both would have been on the floor).

Bring a pump and a portable ramp with you. :lol:

Man that would be something to see. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2022 at 7:23 AM, TantasStarke said:

Amped Electric games:

Seth jumps over a bus
Chooch jumps over a homeless person
NYC riders get into fights
Random country riders get into fights with NYC riders
Paul A gets into a fight with Chooch
Gon2fast breaks a rim