EyeRide HUD support in EUC World

I find it interesting. But I am waiting a bit just yet. Had I not just ordered a new V11 and shipped my KS16X for service (not knowing what expenses comming from this yet) I might have ordered one too. 

Interest is there. Money not so much...yet.🙄

• Like 1

For me, without interest, you better spend time elsewhere, such as family or fine tuning eucworld. If it were a mass affair, yes, but under these conditions, I do not see any point in it now. It's up to you to decide.
It would definitely be nice to have a swipe screen on the watch in eucworld map / navigation as another tab. Back to the question, my opinion is that it doesn't make sense.

30 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Interest is there. Money not so much...yet.🙄

Cool concept but I  hear ya! Money Money Money....  Mon....ey. 

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Cool concept but I  hear ya! Money Money Money....  Mon....ey. 

It it is this or V11... I keep my preorder on V11.

Had I preordered the S18...cancel preorder direct (joking) :w00t2:.

35 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

If it were a mass affair, yes, but under these conditions, I do not see any point in it now.

That's what this thread seeks to find out :)

35 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

For me, without interest, you better spend time elsewhere, such as family or fine tuning eucworld.

That's because you don't have one! Wait until you see me riding with one, then we'll see if you think the same! :P ;)

1 minute ago, travsformation said:

That's what this thread seeks to find out :)

That's because you don't have one! Wait until you see me riding with one, then we'll see if you think the same! :P ;)

You need to get superman xray vision mode on it as you ride by the Spanish beaches...maybe you got me persuaded.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You need to get superman xray vision mode on it as you ride by the Spanish beaches...maybe you got me persuaded.

Bikinis are smaller and smaller these days, I'm not sure we're going to need xray vision at this rate...

Suitable for work until....1950?  :efee612b4b:

P.S. Another thread successfully derailed by @Unventor and @travsformation :roflmao:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

For me, without interest, you better spend time elsewhere, such as family or fine tuning eucworld. If it were a mass affair, yes, but under these conditions, I do not see any point in it now. It's up to you to decide.

That's why I want to determine if there is more broader interest. I already know that there is interest for smartwatch app - to get required information easier. Now imagine having all that informations right ahead of you, in your eye's field of view. This may be much safer and even easier to use than using smartwatch. EyeRide HUD price is in similar range to Samsung Gear watch, and according to manufacturer, it will last for entire day of riding - lot more that a watch with screen turned constantly on. Manufacturer also claim that picture projected by device will be readable in every lighting condition. OLED screen of smartwatch won't be easily readable in direct sunlight. So I see several benefits of using device like EyeRide HUD with EUC World. It may be especially beneficial to riders that love to push their wheel hard and want to get instant information about current wheel limits and capabilities. Also long-range riders may find it useful, as it may be combined with both navigation directions and wheel params.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

It may be especially beneficial to riders that love to push their wheel hard and want to get instant information about current wheel limits and capabilities.

For me, this hits the nail on the head. Simply trying to read a Pebble whilst near/on the limit isn't the simple/quick process that you might at first assume. Often, I decide that the risk in disrupting my attention from the road is not acceptable. A quick shift of my eye would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

That's why I want to determine if there is more broader interest. I already know that there is interest for smartwatch app - to get required information easier. Now imagine having all that informations right ahead of you, in your eye's field of view. This may be much safer and even easier to use than using smartwatch. EyeRide HUD price is in similar range to Samsung Gear watch, and according to manufacturer, it will last for entire day of riding - lot more that a watch with screen turned constantly on. Manufacturer also claim that picture projected by device will be readable in every lighting condition. OLED screen of smartwatch won't be easily readable in direct sunlight. So I see several benefits of using device like EyeRide HUD with EUC World. It may be especially beneficial to riders that love to push their wheel hard and want to get instant information about current wheel limits and capabilities. Also long-range riders may find it useful, as it may be combined with both navigation directions and wheel params.

+100 :thumbup:

I've been on the fence about a WearOS or Tizen watch for a long time...they just don't seem to meet my requirements so I made do with EUC.W's voice message for quite some time.

When I reconsidered using a watch for EUC.W sometime later,  I was hoping to have decent Google Maps or Komoot navigation, but it's not really the case, and the small screen defeats the point anyway. Direct sunlight visibility and battery life are also a negative point for me. I'm not going to use a 300€ watch for EUC.W only, I'd want it to be my daily driver/fitness watch too, and having to charge every day or two---even more often if I use it with EUC.W---just doesn't cut it for me. Also, taking my watch off, having to mount it on my wrist-guard whenever I want to ride...putting it back on my wrist...a bit of a hassle.

So in the end I went for an Amazfit Bip (60€ with a flash offer) for daily use and a Pebble classic (that cost me 23€ on ebay) that lives on my wrist guard for dedicated EUC.W use, and am very happy with my decision. They both have excellent battery life (Amazfit is 20 days+) and direct sunlight visibility on the Pebble is fantastic. Neither of them have the fancy bells and whistles you get with a Samsung Gear or a WearOS watch, but they get the job done which is all I need. Pebble gives me instant speed., temp. and battery %, screen is always on, and for distance, avg speed and other stats, I request a voice message with my Flic button.

All I was missing was a hassle-free navigation system. I've tried using my old phone attached to my wrist but it's not an ideal solution.

The EyeRide Hud pretty much ticks all the boxes for me and is pretty much in the same price category as a TicWatch Pro or a Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm. When I know where I'm going, I'd be able to use it with EUC World---both for visual riding stats and voice messages, since it has an integrated Bluetooth headset---, and for longer tours in uncharted territory, I can use it for hand-free navigation. If EUC.W and Google Maps/Komoot can't be displayed at the same time, I can still use my pebble for basic data and EUC.W voice messages for other stats (distance, avg speed, time in motion, etc.), so for me, this proves a very versatile solution.

I see it as a very worthwhile investment (much more so than a watch) that provides me with functions a smartwatch can't, and is much more convenient too (place on helmet, leave it there, the end). Watches fall short in battery life, direct sunlight visibility and navigation, so they just don't fit my requirements. This, on the other hand... :wub: (and that's not even taking into account the awesome futuristic aspect, which is also great, but not my top priority) 

In the end it's a matter of personal preferences and priorities, how much you ride, what your riding habits are, what you need/want when riding... I plan on travelling extensively in my RV (my line of work allows for a nomadic lifestyle) and spending much more time riding, so having a dedicated HUD for EUC riding makes sense to me, but I understand that for others it may not. 

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

I really like the idea. I had actually joined the Indiegogo, but then I backed out, because I wasn't sure if EUC world would ever support it. If there was support in EUC World, it would be a definite yes for me.

(I also have concerns about whether my eyes can focus on a tiny screen 1" away. I've never used one.. Does anyone know if there's a lens to compensate for the extreme close vision?)

• Like 1

It sounds like a great concept, however, I will personally not be investing money in a HUD until it has proven itself as a reliable product. I would be concerned that actual product performance  would fall short of the manufacturer claims, and poor product performance will ruin the experience no matter how well the programming is executed. Smartwatches have their drawbacks but they are pretty well known; you can easily research individual pros and cons with a simple Google search, and their uses extend beyond EUC World. People will have to take a leap of faith to invest in this technology so I fear the many hours you would spend in development would only benefit a very niche market.

All that being said, the work you have done with this application so far has become an essential tool for many riders, including myself. Staying on the leading edge of technology is the only way we will continue to grow and improve but there is always a risk that the tech might fizzle and die (who else still has a 3D TV and a box of 3D glasses gathering dust LOL). Perhaps I am being too tentative or cheap, but until smartglass/HUD tech becomes more mainstream I will be content with my smartwatch and audio feedback.

Thanks for all your hard work. Keep riding and stay safe!

• Like 1

I've backed the campaign - I think it would be an awesome option for ride stats. Also, I do occasionally use GPS navigation when I ride, and the HUD would be much safer when I need to check for a turn in case I didn't hear the instruction well.
 I regularly check my speed, and periodically check my battery and wheel temperature when I ride. Especially as I get closer to the end of a charge! So I would be thrilled if there was support for the EyeRide in EUC World! :)

34 minutes ago, JustChris said:

(I also have concerns about whether my eyes can focus on a tiny screen 1" away. I've never used one.. Does anyone know if there's a lens to compensate for the extreme close vision?)

Yep, there is a lens that effectively projects the focus much further away.

• Like 2

What sorts of helmets are you thinking of applying this tech to? I, for instance, have a TLD Stage, and am not sure it would work for me. I have asked them via their compatibility check link and will report back. In the meantime, spill!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jonm42 said:

What sorts of helmets are you thinking of applying this tech to? I, for instance, have a TLD Stage, and am not sure it would work for me. I have asked them via their compatibility check link and will report back. In the meantime, spill!

According to FAQ, all helmets are compatible. However I'm not sure about light, bicycle helmet. Apparently, EyerRide HUD has been developed with motorcycle riders in mind. Below image from their site:

bf31a456c780aa878f97e9e7373df224_origina

• Like 1

I'm not really using Euc world much yet so I don't quite understand what information I'd be able to see on the display. Please excuse me for this newbie question. Does it mirror any app from the phone on the display?

When I do more exploratory trips I use the OsmAnd app for viewing maps+route. If I could get the map with marked route on a HUD instead of having to hold the phone in hand, that would easily justify the cost for a new gadget. On the bike it's easier, phone goes to the handlebar. But on the wheel it's a bit of a pain holding the phone.

2 hours ago, rolekl said:

I'm not really using Euc world much yet so I don't quite understand what information I'd be able to see on the display. Please excuse me for this newbie question. Does it mirror any app from the phone on the display?

When I do more exploratory trips I use the OsmAnd app for viewing maps+route. If I could get the map with marked route on a HUD instead of having to hold the phone in hand, that would easily justify the cost for a new gadget. On the bike it's easier, phone goes to the handlebar. But on the wheel it's a bit of a pain holding the phone.

If you've ever checked on the main screen of EUC World you get a gauge with speed, temperature, battery, as well as stats such as distance, speed, etc. If adapted for the EyeRide HUD, I imagine it would provide similar stats to the ones shown on smartwatches (see here) but in a layout more suitable for a rectangular screen.

You'd have to check with OsmAnd developer to see what kind of support they'd be willing to add support for the EyeRide HUD.

• Like 2

I want this so much, but unfortunately do not have access to EUC World on my current phone of choice, so the buy-in price for me would be the combination of the HUD device and an Android device to live in my riding bag to drive the thing. All of these devices (smartwatches/HUDs/etc) sorely need to be freed from current mobile phone platforms (and those who control them).

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

I want this so much, but unfortunately do not have access to EUC World on my current phone of choice, so the buy-in price for me would be the combination of the HUD device and an Android device to live in my riding bag to drive the thing. All of these devices (smartwatches/HUDs/etc) sorely need to be freed from current mobile phone platforms (and those who control them).

From what I hear, it's possible DarknessBot will look into EyeRide compatibility ;)

Otherwise, you can look into a cheap Android, there are plenty.

About platforms...'tis the way of the world...