EyeRide HUD support in EUC World

On 5/14/2020 at 5:16 PM, travsformation said:

Bikinis are smaller and smaller these days, I'm not sure we're going to need xray vision at this rate...

Suitable for work until....1950?  :efee612b4b:

P.S. Another thread successfully derailed by @Unventor and @travsformation :roflmao:

Bikinis get smaller

Boobs get bigger

EUC's get stronger

The 2000's isn't a bad period to be alive :-)

• Like 1

I really LOVE the techie side in you (me being a techie myself) but in this case im split.

On one hand this is very early and cool

On the other hand Intel is working with something much more refined...but will probably cost a half fortune :-S

Untill any kinda glassses comes with an integrated rear view mirror (camera) (which the monochrome camera of the intels would do poooorly) that displays live in the hud that i can chooose to block my vision or not...like the intels .., i dont think i need the EUC data that close....sure when navigating via a phone its nice, but today i hear the directions in my galaxy buds and thats ok most of the time.

But.....then i know your EUC world app/fork and that you somehow make wonders that people havent even considered so....if u feel like having a heda up yourself   and miss coding...and have time to invest...by all means go ahead and surprise us .. AGAIN 😎

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I really LOVE the techie side in you (me being a techie myself) but in this case im split.

On one hand this is very early and cool

On the other hand Intel is working with something much more refined...but will probably cost a half fortune :-S

Unfortunately, Intel actually stopped development on Vaunt, not long after that video was released. =/

I'm still very interested in EyeRide support, tho. Navigation and stuff would be really nice, and I'm sure I'll use it for that, but all my ride telemetry at a glance would be fantastic. 😁

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Unfortunately, Intel actually stopped development on Vaunt, not long after that video was released. =/

I'm still very interested in EyeRide support, tho. Navigation and stuff would be really nice, and I'm sure I'll use it for that, but all my ride telemetry at a glance would be fantastic. 😁

Isn't it possible allready today? Or does the app need a port towards glasses (due to different rez) otherwize ima thinking vuzix, albeit expensive as f (for the screen real estate) it might be an option for early adopters? Dunno bout the alexa glasses? Sounds like audio based right? 

https://www.wareable.com/ar/the-best-smartglasses-google-glass-and-the-rest

OFF TOPIC

@redfoxdude how on earth did you manage to make a gif work on your avatar on this forum. You obviously techie (guessing younger than me) cause my gif (geezer format) sure as f wont move :-)

Edited by Boogieman

layout-2020-5-23

I think it's time to watch Dragon Ball. :efee6b18f3:
Users wearing shields on motorcycle helmets do not interfere because they have space. But I don't think it's going to be useful for goggle users.:efeffe9e4a:
I hope there is a product that fits the user with a wider screen and goggles. :efefae4566:

Edited by Lindsey
  • Like 3

@travsformation , @Lefteris

Of course! You're also ahead of your time. :efee47c9c8:

We need to develop capsules quickly. There is also a way to use it. Instead, I think you should throw the capsule well.

Other contents may come out like Step 4.......:shock2:

Edited by Lindsey

I will definitely buy this! Riding with your phone in your hand sucks, and I use google maps very often. The ability to monitor battery and wheel stats on top of that would be ideal (even though the battery readout isn't quite accurate on my Nikola).

So a definite YES on my end - although my decision to further support you for developing EUC World won't hinge on whether you incorporate HUD support or not, it might make me consider an extra donation 😇

• Like 1

I would like to inform that adding of EyeRide HUD support to the EUC World application has been postponed for an indefinite future. This does not mean that I am giving up the idea. However, it has met with moderate interest, which does not justify undertaking work in this area for now. I also had the impression that the manufacturer of EyeRide HUD isn't particularly interested in introducing support for its product into the EUC World app.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seba said:

I would like to inform that adding of EyeRide HUD support to the EUC World application has been postponed for an indefinite future. This does not mean that I am giving up the idea. However, it has met with moderate interest, which does not justify undertaking work in this area for now. I also had the impression that the manufacturer of EyeRide HUD isn't particularly interested in introducing support for its product into the EUC World app.

Disappointing, but I understand, given the rather small set of interested users. I'm still going to be getting an EyeRide, so I'll probably end up using some GPS speed app and more of EUC World's audible alerts.

If you ever have time to pick this idea back up in the future, even a super minimal telemetry readout display, I'm sure a few of us would be more than happy to help with testing. =]

On 5/23/2020 at 1:05 AM, Boogieman said:

@redfoxdude how on earth did you manage to make a gif work on your avatar on this forum. You obviously techie (guessing younger than me) cause my gif (geezer format) sure as f wont move :-)

That's a great question @Boogieman... This one just happened to work. Although, I am indeed a young... "techie," as some would say, but I work more on hardware and embedded systems. 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Disappointing, but I understand, given the rather small set of interested users. I'm still going to be getting an EyeRide, so I'll probably end up using some GPS speed app and more of EUC World's audible alerts.

If you ever have time to pick this idea back up in the future, even a super minimal telemetry readout display, I'm sure a few of us would be more than happy to help with testing. =]

I'm getting one anyway too. I've reached out to the devs to see what compatibility requirements they have...if screencast is an option, EUC.W could be used with the app locked in landscape mode (a feature that's already available), and maybe EyeRide could allow for chrome-based transparency...if so, maybe @Seba could find a compromise and add a "hide stats" option that hides everything on the main screen (including top icons) except the gauge. Hope I hear from the folks at EyeRide soon...

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Really applaud your efforts here. This kind of hardware is so long overdue. The tech exists, it isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things, and the safety and quality of life improvements are so potentially significant.

Motorcycle HUD units should be as ubiquitous as motorcycle comms--really all helmets for street usage should have bluetooth audio, huds, and external safety lights.

Edited by AtlasP

I can add a 2cent side comment. 

My previous car had a true HUD. It means not projected on a screen but directly on the windscreen. The visual effect is like info was like 1/2m out in front of the motor hood. 

I had this for 3 years. I got so used to this that I decided it was key to get this in my next reasonable priced car. So I made an order for the new Toyota Yaris hybrid gen. 4. EU build(due delivery early to mid February, I don't need a huge car, only something cheap and safe that I can use for bigger shopping I can't do one my EUCs). 

It will be interesting to follow what you make of this @Seba. I am not sure I can fit this into my TSG Pass helmet. I think it would me sweet to have a HUD while riding. I wish I could get GPS map/turn by turn info, EUC info and rear view camera monitor.

I don't think it can do all this yet. But I think it will not be long until we might see such a product. 

Still looking forward for what magic you can do with it @Seba:popcorn:

Looking forward to 2021 and a new season of EUC friendly weather.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1