King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

1 hour ago, OldFartRides said:

Would have kept going, but it was time to play scrabble w/ the dgf.

Acronyms…. dgf :confused1:… toss up…‘destructive guerrilla force’ , dissolved gas flotation’ or ‘digital group forming’?

51855913840_63bed24721_b.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 4:55 AM, Fahrtwind said:

any suggestions on how to fix this?

Try adding a shim between the 2 suspension arms that are touching: 10mm i.d. X 15mm o.d. X 0.125 shoulder shim

51854343972_149488b507_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Dgf

Dear girl friend

Ah…That makes sense. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paul A said:

A Nokia clam shell flip phone......no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the social media of narcissists

True, true. But also no youtu.be. I'm not sure having no youtu.be is a recipe for success in 2022, I mean, I'm not entirely sure I'm even picking my nose correctly enough without consulting the rabbit hole... there are least a dozen techniques, all situationally dependent. Also, how are you going to document the 45 minutes you spend trying to figure out where to put that teeny washer thing you thought you bought for some reason the other day?

:blink1:

Edited by Tawpie
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Must have been put together on a Wednesday

The second Wednesday of the third week of a month with a blue moon... and on day shift, not night.

15 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Now, do I leave that stock tire on, or try that new one I got from EWheels ? Hmmm…

Was that the H666? If so, you HAVE TO PUT IT ON. Cuz I love it on my 16X and kind of want to squirrel one away to try on the S18. The TR1 is nice and all, but the H666 did everything I needed it to do off road and I thinking the TR1 is gonna wear out if I ride it on pavement very much.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, that tire isn’t doing anything for me sitting in a box, is it ? And it’s a pretty nice looking tread.

I had not taken apart the two suspension arms at the pivot where that big washer is. I’m just shimming that out with a couple of metric washers so it’s not rubbing on the arm. Also going to install four nylon bushings where the shock mounts so that steel pin is not wearing  wearing out the aluminum arm.

Kind of a lazy man’s approach to the suspension upgrade. 

Oh yeah, I epoxied the slider “wipers” in. 

Edited by OldFartRides
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OldFartRides said:

Desk / chair tire changing station. Note antique tire irons and cardboard rim pro.

I love the simple MacGyver set up!:cheers:  Man I got ripped off!;)

51865048855_5095959529_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Took me probably eight or ten hours over three days to put it back together. Im slow. Got to ride today on the new rubber. I like it, but it runs a little out of true.

Thinking I need to get it warm, and add some air to try and straighten it out. The fit on the rim seemed good. 

As slow as I ride it’s not a big deal. I only notice it when I look at it. On hard left cuts, it rubs a little. I only have about 25# in it.

P.S. I put a lot of time into getting the axle right. Seemed important to have maximum contact area there.

Those shims seemed like pivot points. 

Edited by OldFartRides
Adding to it.
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 1:38 PM, OldFartRides said:

The axle sits nicely in the slider cradles sans shims

11 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

I like it, but it runs a little out of true.

You should have left the shims on. I too though the same thing when changing out my tire only to have to disassemble again to replace the shims.

Also, be aware as how you tighten the axle bolts. Do not fully tighten one side without having tightened the other to say 85% or so. Then start tightening one bolt at a time alternating sides while checking for the wheel to be centered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5Cauac said:

You should have left the shims on. I too though the same thing when changing out my tire only to have to disassemble again to replace the shims.

Also, be aware as how you tighten the axle bolts. Do not fully tighten one side without having tightened the other to say 85% or so. Then start tightening one bolt at a time alternating sides while checking for the wheel to be centered.

Just the tire, not the rim. Rim is centered and runs straight. Those shims were a really quick and dirty way to address a bad fit of the axle to the slider casting. 

Ja, I’m a nut about cross torquing.

• Like 1

I have found out, that my wheel has a strange charging behavior. 
Yesterday I plugged the charger in, after a couple of hours, the battery was up to 83,9xV. Charger was green, only 200mA charging. I left the charger in the whole night for balancing. 
This morning, battery was down to about 96% charge. Instead of charging. DarknessBot tells me, wheel is draining energy. After a Powercycle it started to charge again. So at Night, the Charger stopped and left the wheel on with vampire drains? Not what I expected…same observations? How do you charge your wheels?

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Once every 3-4 months I will let my battery drain to tiltback (6-7%)

If it is not for some longer tour one wants to ride, there is no reason to emtpy li ion batteries from time to time. They do not have anything comparable to a memory efffect like other batteries.

This could maybe only help joule counters showing battery capacity, which are not used in EUCs (just some ninebots?)

• Upvote 1