2020 EUC

F.J. Abaya

Does anybody know any news regarding new 2020 wheels? Any leaked info or rumors? Is the iPhone 12 included in every purchased?image.png.d32a21c81bb4a1ad523e89927a358254.png

Edited by F.J. Abaya
  • Like 1

@Afeez Kay did a visit of Gotway where they where working on (producing even) a successor to the Tesla, it looked quite the same, we didn’t get any details AFAIK.

It would be nice with a successor to the 16S (I hope they keep it, the weight makes it valuable in the city) but I doubt it will happen in a while as it’s not long ago they remade the handle to be metal and cut off.

There have been rumors inmotion worked on some shock absorbers, but we haven’t heard much from that side in a while.

Edited by Mimolette
  • Like 1

Gotway should do a 2500-3000watt acm 3 with a wide wheel like the nikola while maintaining the short squat nature of the acm.  

Skip the speakers and waterproof the wheel to a decent ip rating official or unofficial, with even higher guage motor wires and the upgraded mosfets.

Nikola is just too flashy for my tastes.

or a 2000watt mcm6 14 inch wheel would be interesting.  

• Like 1

If we’re on wishlists 14”x3” format would be interesting for the city, could keep weight down while being comfortable. 

And real weatherproofing would indeed be great.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

The Mten3 is so ready for an upgrade! I want a 12 inch wheel , 3 inch tire with a 2000w motor 100v

Or go the other direction...... 8 inch wheel 500 watt, but only 15 pounds.  :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, paulz said:

That 15 lbs wheel is called the GotWay Luffy. I can''t recommend it.  

Edited by greentung
removed picture.

1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

Gotway should do a 2500-3000watt acm 3 with a wide wheel like the nikola while maintaining the short squat nature of the acm.  

Skip the speakers and waterproof the wheel to a decent ip rating official or unofficial, with even higher guage motor wires and the upgraded mosfets.

Nikola is just too flashy for my tastes.

or a 2000watt mcm6 14 inch wheel would be interesting.  

Definitely agree with you, I want to see an ACM3, it's more nimble than a Tesla :clap3:

2 hours ago, paulz said:

2 hours ago, greentung said:

That 15 lbs wheel is called the GotWay Luffy. I can''t recommend it.  

That 15lbs wheel is the ips i5. 12 inch if I remeber correctly.

i5-Slenders-Beauty.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I were to sign up a wishlist these is the points I hope to see in a new wheel. 

Propper weatherproof and a wheel you can hose down/wash without any water damage risk. 

Enlarge the KS16X rim size vs motor diameter to an 18" rim. Instead of extending rim as in KS18L/XL. With a 3" tire, and with clear tire developed for summer/offroad/winter/allround options of recommended tires. And enough case vs tire clearance to use real mc 18" tires. 

Keep a staible/steady trolley option, and a parking function, with secure antitheft options. 

Keep KS16X pedals hight and size/design but on a 18" wheel. In other words make the distance between axel and pedal base longer than KS16X but not as much as KS18L/XL. 

The more lights on the wheel the better. Add a Horn button/smart status screen optional. I know Wheelog have some option, but I rather have wheel developer do an option/accessory instead, that also leads to a proper app too. Seat option too, as goes for personalisation options. 

A metallic/mat red finish look to a wheel. 

Easy maintenance wheel for eq. Tire change made easy. Without breaking weather seals. 

Suspension would be nice. 

Personally I am not looking for 45+ kmh wheel. As long as the wheel with be able to handle 40kmh for most of the range. 

(I hope @Micheal Shenmakes notes here). 

• Like 1

My wishing list: 
1. Waterproof wheels 
2. Battery and speed indicator (maybe using the LED lights.) 
3. A horn operated by a handheld remote control 

4. Stronger headlights operated by remote.
5. On board Loudspeakers with good sound else forget em. 
6. Trolley handle on all wheels - make em sturdy. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

This is quite wishful thinking but how about making the motor narrower but still as strong? I'd love to see a donut shaped cavity for a wide tire but narrow motor so the battery pack can come closer in. It would make a narrower wheel but with a wide tire and more battery capacity.

Just weighing-in here my own opinion:

Of course I agree with weatherproofing, and that should be a given... but for me, I'd really like the Big Three (Kingsong, Gotway, Inmotion) to bring us options that have MORE power & torque (which I equate with SAFETY & fun, not necessarily speed, as I'm fine with 50kph) -- along with STABILITY (I'm not a fan of wobbles), but without making it as big as a tank.  Sure, the Monster is powerful and stable, but it's also so massive that it loses nimbleness and quite a bit of convenience of being able to get up and down stairs as well as off-road capability.  This would likely mean a compromise of battery life, but hey, we already have wheels with massive battery life, and I rarely ride more than 25 miles on a charge.

What I'm looking for might have specs like this:

18" wheel for STABILITY
2400w motor
1000wh battery
40 pounds or LESS!

In the car world, this is more of a Ferrari than a Camaro, if you get my reference.

And if it looked more like a Ducati and less like a Roomba, that would be a plus too. ;)

-J.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

This topic is very meaningful, and hope all riders can join and speak out their ideal wheels' features.

Easy and important upgrade for Kingsongs: you already have two USB ports, why not have one of them changed to usb-c? Most new phones are usb-c already. 

And all manufacturers should be experimenting with suspension. 

• 2 months later...

The most important point to improve for me: BATTERY RANGE AND WEIGHT !  In a modern society where all devices are obsolete in one year, it is surprising  that the unicycle renewal of models is so slow,for example the Inmotion VF10 is already 2 years old and no replacement model in sight.