How do you store your EUC? Show your stands!

Legend27

52 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

If you want to 3d print something once you can do it locally, there are shops that receive the file over the internet and even send it to you. I could have 3d printed the stand, but it would have cost me about ±35€, and i choose the flower pot cause it has this feature that i can change size to fit any wheel, so. ;) 

oh for sure. I was just kind of amazed, as its very common I need some stand or little part. I was about to order some plastic parts for my paramotor starter and its a 3d printed kit that was going to cost quite a bit for his time and overseas. Its times like this that I wonder just how much is really involved in 3d printing and how fast would it pay itself off? But that a thread hijack for sure.

Are all you guys using stands that are allowing you to SAFELY turn your wheel on while in place? My wheel becomes dangerous if its not on the ground when i turn it on (my stands allow me to not have to touch it after turned on). Seems to me that it makes sense to ensure they stay safe even if powered on. Sometimes i power mine on with no intention of riding, as Im mucking in apps or other randomness. I have powered it on in the past while leaning on things. Usually its okay, but 'usually' is a little suspect when we're talking a 50lb item that can tear across a room alone.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

On 3/15/2020 at 8:28 PM, mike_bike_kite said:

I like the flower pot solution! I use a 3D printed stand that works quite well. I've been reading about 3D printing for ages so I was quite keen to try it out but I had to use someone else with a printer. It took 48 hours to print but I'm happy with the result. I previously tried using a guitar stand to hold the wheel but it just bent so I wasn't very impressed. At the very least the printed stand allows me to put the wheel somewhere prominent in the house rather than hidden behind a sofa.

EUC_KS16S.thumb.jpg.21a8da1c37aaf4308eaebdfca1f159e7.jpg

I'm still waiting for my first cycle. Hoping for it to arrive this or at least next week. Meanwhile I also thought about making a stand for it so I printed a model from Thingiverse.
Was fun finding your print, and also in the same colour!
I used draft excluder for windows/doors on the top. Not sure if it's any major difference :) Maybe I'll try some under it too, to get a softer impact on the floor.

CykelStall.jpg

Yeah, that model was a generic EUC stand, so hopefully...
If not, maybe it's possible to rescale it somehow and do a reprint. Gonna need a stand for work and one for the music rehersal too,
so I'll need to print more anyway.
There's a stand for the tesla too, but I liked this one better.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

wall stand

Thanks for the inspiration guys, i finished mine up today. I had to get the wife's approval on design and stain color before hanging it on the living room wall. But like having it by the door ready to go AND out of reach of my 4 boys, age 6 and under. Made out of 4x4s, 2x4s, 2x6s, and a small piece of plywood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MathewG said:

wall stand

Thanks for the inspiration guys, i finished mine up today. I had to get the wife's approval on design and stain color before hanging it on the living room wall. But like having it by the door ready to go AND out of reach of my 4 boys, age 6 and under. Made out of 4x4s, 2x4s, 2x6s, and a small piece of plywood.

Holy crap thats up there! Good looking lumber on that!

DSCN8006.JPG

Edited by ShanesPlanet

On 9/12/2020 at 5:41 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Holy crap thats up there! Good looking lumber on that!

DSCN8006.JPG

Yeah, luckily it's not a huge heavy wheel. When I end up getting another, it'll probably go below it. Sorry the link expired. I'll try posting the pictures here...

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

Adjustable Stand

20200911-091046.jpg

20200911-091150.jpg

I like this idea. Smart and yet simple. So the wooden pillars are the loose or hold in place? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I like this idea. Smart and yet simple. So the wooden pillars are the loose or hold in place? 

Actually I had ordered 40 stainless steel clamping rings and wanted to secure each wooden board from slipping, but the stainless steel rod fits so perfectly in the wood that these are totally unnecessary. So I used them only at the beginning and end. Nothing moves by itself and since I used 30mm thick wood this time, nothing tilts. Additionally under each piece of wood is 4mm EPDM foam, which prevents accidental movement of the wood or the whole stand on the floor.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CharlesRomer said:

Hey I know this post is old, I saw your wheels with seats on them, I'm just wondering where you got them? or are they custom made? Is it possible to get 1 for an inmotion v8?

They look custom made. Bike posts welded to a clamp.

15 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Actually I had ordered 40 stainless steel clamping rings and wanted to secure each wooden board from slipping, but the stainless steel rod fits so perfectly in the wood that these are totally unnecessary. So I used them only at the beginning and end. Nothing moves by itself and since I used 30mm thick wood this time, nothing tilts. Additionally under each piece of wood is 4mm EPDM foam, which prevents accidental movement of the wood or the whole stand on the floor.

Looks great! :wub:
It reminds me of the artistic floating stair cases of 60’s - 70’s.  ......... That’s a good thing. .....:rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

So what are you planing to fit in the last gap?

Have you told your wife yet?

And where will it's charger go?

MSP RS already ordered and it will share the same adjustable fast charger 😅

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, CharlesRomer said:

Hey I know this post is old, I saw your wheels with seats on them, I'm just wondering where you got them? or are they custom made? Is it possible to get 1 for an inmotion v8?

They are custom welded supports with clamps to allow easy removal and attachment to various wheels of which I have too many.Although I have never owned a V8,I think it would be kind of small for a seat unless you're vertically challenged.I'm 6' tall and can ride seated on many wheels but only the taller ones are comfortable for lengthy seated riding.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Small, Medium and Large. What to drive today? I printed all of these in petg from same model. Not great, but they work. The sherman stand took over 24hrs and is 1kg (entire roll) of filament. I wasnt overly happy with the results, but Im not doing it again.

euc trio.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...