How do you store your EUC? Show your stands!

Legend27

My simple stands. I like having the 18L with tire on something so I can turn it on while in the stand and not have it go berserk and become dangerous by freewheeling. The smaller stand is just a couple boards with rubber feet on the bottom.

DSCN7811.JPG

DSCN7813.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

My simple stands. I like having the 18L with tire on something so I can turn it on while in the stand and not have it go berserk and become dangerous by freewheeling. The smaller stand is just a couple boards with rubber feet on the bottom.

DSCN7811.JPG

DSCN7813.JPG

Simple often works best

Looks like the 18L has tried to go berserk but didn't manage to escape ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, travsformation said:

Simple often works best

Looks like the 18L has tried to go berserk but didn't manage to escape ;)

Yeah buddy!! Nuthin like the smell of burnt rubber, to set the mood. The 18 stand had foam in those grooves. Turned out it was a TAD too much lift and wet tire let it spin. Scary as hell and it aint balanced at warp speed. I removed the pads and routed the grooves a shade more. It rests on its tire with a tiny gap. It stays in the grooves, but it has enough play so i can power it up and it doesnt fight the stand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I like having the 18L with tire on something so I can turn it on while in the stand and not have it go berserk and become dangerous by freewheeling.

Funny! I did the stupid and accidentally bump the switch on my V10F while it was stationed on it’s elevated stand. The wheel tried to climb the wall for a brief second. My drywall now has black skid marks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joker10 said:

Courtesy ks16s and an oops, I picked it up better put it down to stop it from spinning.  

We probably all have a mark at home somewhere like that. Mine is on the carpet in the den....... Also KS16s.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The wheel tried to climb the wall for a brief second. My drywall now has black skid marks. 

Your variation is unique indeed! A whole new meaning to the expression "going up the wall" ;)

• Like 1

wow! And now i am overjoyed at my stand taking the brunt of it. My floors take an ass kicking as it is..  wall to wall 50yr old hardwood and it looks it. Course a long burnout could be cool too. Even now, lifting the wheel as it goes crazy, still makes me nervous. The little mten ... not so much. 

4 hours ago, RockyTop said:

We probably all have a mark at home somewhere like that. Mine is on the carpet in the den....... Also KS16s.

About marks, i had a mark on the wall since 2015, we've repainted the house recently and now the wife get crazy.

So i'm trying to find a spli-flower pot like this

image.thumb.png.947392b12916f8348699d4b2ad945e7e.pngimage.png.80a56b653f2aa08d03a9081dabe1e5bc.png 

Cause it may the "the" solution to our problem :P 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Just bought it from a local retailer for 14€ with shipping!!

image.png.ab250d330286dcbaaedad8ab61312a24.png

NICE! What a discovery! I can already imagine the headlines: "Garden centers overwhelmed by hoards of electric unicyclers buying flower pots. What are they scheming?"

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, travsformation said:

NICE! What discovery! I can already imagine the headlines: "Garden centers overwhelmed by hoards of electric unicyclers buying flower pots. What are they scheming?"

They are probably using them to soak there feet in with a little bath salt. I here that those Uni-wheels are rough on the feet. ...... Or they are coming up some kind of new drugs. I would not put it past them. As they say round these parts- “They ain’t Right!l 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Very pretty!:P

49652311171_a58ba0da78_b.jpg

This. Might attract more women into the wheeling world but we might want to go a little smaller. 

6 hours ago, Lefteris said:

I"m so glad you like the idea :P 

Hey! If it works, I love it. I am a Utilitarian. 

• Like 3

I use this stand for motobikes and I am happy about it (reasonably priced for a solid, adjustable, ready to use, no need to lift the wheel stand / dock):

https://www.espritroue.fr/uploads/monthly_2020_03/image.png.e7d12c5dfed1e8a10cfca31d1615af25.pngMore details here with picture and video of what it look likes on a KS16X:  https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/11961-support-stand-costaud-pour-gyroroue-et-sans-soulever/

Edited by SamSuffit
  • Like 2

I like the flower pot solution! I use a 3D printed stand that works quite well. I've been reading about 3D printing for ages so I was quite keen to try it out but I had to use someone else with a printer. It took 48 hours to print but I'm happy with the result. I previously tried using a guitar stand to hold the wheel but it just bent so I wasn't very impressed. At the very least the printed stand allows me to put the wheel somewhere prominent in the house rather than hidden behind a sofa.

EUC_KS16S.thumb.jpg.21a8da1c37aaf4308eaebdfca1f159e7.jpg

• Like 1

Printers go from about $200 up. Obviously this is a fairly large thing to print as it's all one piece so a printer would need to have a printing area large enough. I was really surprised by how smooth all the surfaces were. You can print all sorts of stuff for EUC's from mudguards to light surround to stands. I don't know whether it's worth buying a printer to just print a few items as there are many people out there who will print them for you and post the finished item to you (for money obviously). I was charged about £20 for the stand and I think that;s pretty good value. It was quite difficult trying to decide which stand to go for as you can't try it out (even virtually). I imagine it won't be long before we can print all sorts of household items, spare parts for motorcycles etc etc.

• Like 1

If you want to 3d print something once you can do it locally, there are shops that receive the file over the internet and even send it to you. I could have 3d printed the stand, but it would have cost me about ±35€, and i choose the flower pot cause it has this feature that i can change size to fit any wheel, so. ;) 

• Like 1