Kingsong 16S Stolen .. Looking to Buy Again

Chris Grant

So today, sadly, my ride was stolen.  I'm a HUGE fan of the Kingsong 16S, especially for city riding, given that my average commute is about 2-3 miles at any given time.  I just recently got the 16S several months ago.

So before I buy, is there anything I should wait for?  Or how does this compare against the V10?  The Inmotion reminds me of a Cadillac from what I've seen in the reviews, but I was a huge fan of my previous Inmotion V5F+

Any recommendations before I make another purchase, or if the best advice is to wait a while, would be highly recommended.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Kens said:

1200WH motor

1500 watt motor. I am hoping @yourtoys7 posts his latest video recording of his ride on the MCM5. The way he rides it and the camera angle is breath taking! It is a Rocket!

2 hours ago, Edddeus said:

1500 watt motor. I am hoping @yourtoys7 posts his latest video recording of his ride on the MCM5. The way he rides it and the camera angle is breath taking! It is a Rocket!

I did post 2 videos, thanks, I do like to ride Fast. There is one shotgun view and another where I hold in my hand... (so hard to concentrate when you hold something in your hand). After watching @Marty Backe review of Msuper X, I want one bad, LOL...

I've hit 40km/h on MCM5, but 53km/h on Msuper v3s (assuming Msuper X can hit close to 60km/h) ONLY while wearing Full gear.

15 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

I did post 2 videos, thanks, I do like to ride Fast. There is one shotgun view and another where I hold in my hand... (so hard to concentrate when you hold something in your hand). After watching @Marty Backe review of Msuper X, I want one bad, LOL...

I've hit 40km/h on MCM5, but 53km/h on Msuper v3s (assuming Msuper X can hit close to 60km/h) ONLY while wearing Full gear.

Knowing you, you should place an order for the MSX :D It's such a nice ride and it's effortless to go fast (it took no effort to go 25-mph, but I don't ride faster than that).

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Knowing you, you should place an order for the MSX :D It's such a nice ride and it's effortless to go fast (it took no effort to go 25-mph, but I don't ride faster than that).

Marty, Marty, Marty, 25 mph is just a warm up, lol. Jocking aside, if/ when I do go fast I only do when Im fulyl geared and I do pay attention to beeps...

22 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

if/ when I do go fast I only do when Im fulyl geared and I do pay attention to beeps...

...and potholes:cry2:

5 hours ago, Chris Grant said:

So today, sadly, my ride was stolen.  I'm a HUGE fan of the Kingsong 16S, especially for city riding, given that my average commute is about 2-3 miles at any given time.  I just recently got the 16S several months ago.

So before I buy, is there anything I should wait for?  Or how does this compare against the V10?  The Inmotion reminds me of a Cadillac from what I've seen in the reviews, but I was a huge fan of my previous Inmotion V5F+

Any recommendations before I make another purchase, or if the best advice is to wait a while, would be highly recommended.

Thanks!

think the general consensus is that the V10F is a better wheel than the 16S (that's my opinion too). The primary downside to the V10F is that it's more expensive and they are still in short supply. Of course the KS16S is still a great wheel. Since you enjoyed it so much why not go with what you know?

6 hours ago, Chris Grant said:

Thanks!

Look at your local craigslist. Your EUC may be on sale there.

"..KS16S is still a great wheel. Since you enjoyed it so much why not go with what you know?"

Sorry for your lost. For 2-3 mile commute why pay more for something else. Many of us are interested in how your wheel was stolen??

17 hours ago, Chris Grant said:

Thanks!

I haven't heard a lot of reports of stolen wheels. The details of your experience would be interesting; help the rest of us to take better precautions.  I would recommend the KS 18L as a replacement. IMO it is the very best and most balanced of the new wheels. If you are stuck on 16" wheels I would say try the Inmotion V10F or stay with KS16S.

My personal opinion of the Inmotion is that it is pretty big for a 16" wheel, looks like an 18" wheel but........ Plus the handle atop the wheel looks goofy (like a mohawk haircut) and flimsy. The KS16s to me looks more like a proper 16" wheel should (personal taste preference not gospel), has great performance, and you could probably get your hands on one immediately. I haven't ridden an Inmotion, but it seems those who have like them. If you are handy with tools you could look at a Gotway model ?. Although I am liking the MSX so far (fingers crossed and knock on wood that particular opinion holds), I am not particularly smitten by any of the other models they offer. So, its about your preference. They are all great choices, and have their particular group of fans that swear by them.

I am a fan of the KS design and features, but I would say wait a bit on the 18L. I hate to give bad press, but it looks like they have a couple bugs to work out (I'm a double trolly lock up victim) . I'm back to my 16S right now.

I too would be interested in the details of how one would get stolen. Maybe keep an eye on Ebay as well, if you have known markings (esp SN).

In San Francisco, we had a gal got her wheel robbed. As part of her daily routine to work, she used the subway. One day, two guys apparently had their eyes on her wheel, knew her routine. They were in a car. One guy got out of the car, robbed the wheel from her and they drove off. Another instance, my wife was wheeling about 30 yards behind me, a group of kids on skateboards started harassing her saying that they wanted her wheel. Then they followed her very closely with their skateboards. I then became aware of this and turned my wheel around and wheeled towards my wife. Noted that I had my pepper spray and 110db wheel alarm with me, I approached them and that resolved the harassment. As wheels are becoming popular, crooks are aware of their pricey tags. They are well-to-do people's high end gadgets. Not too many parents would spend $1000 to $2000 on a wheel for their kids, when a $100 skateboard can also make them equally happy. Average age of wheel owners, I gathered, is between 30 to 50. Putting these pieces together, more crimes against wheelers may be coming. So be prepared for any unforeseen circumstances!

5 hours ago, scubadragosan said:

In San Francisco, we had a gal got her wheel robbed. As part of her daily routine to work, she used the subway. One day, two guys apparently had their eyes on her wheel, knew her routine. They were in a car. One guy got out of the car, robbed the wheel from her and they drove off. Another instance, my wife was wheeling about 30 yards behind me, a group of kids on skateboards started harassing her saying that they wanted her wheel. Then they followed her very closely with their skateboards. I then became aware of this and turned my wheel around and wheeled towards my wife. Noted that I had my pepper spray and 110db wheel alarm with me, I approached them and that resolved the harassment. As wheels are becoming popular, crooks are aware of their pricey tags. They are well-to-do people's high end gadgets. Not too many parents would spend $1000 to $2000 on a wheel for their kids, when a $100 skateboard can also make them equally happy. Average age of wheel owners, I gathered, is between 30 to 50. Putting these pieces together, more crimes against wheelers may be coming. So be prepared for any unforeseen circumstances!

Your wife should've slapped the bleeding S#&% out of one those little fatherless Ba#$%&@# and reminded him to respect his elders.

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

No problems here.  My wife open carries.  A lot of women here do.  

No means No!   

He lives in California though, only the illegals can carry there.?

I've upset a liberal. Good.

4 minutes ago, dieterGRAMS said:

Correction, anyone who chooses not to follow unconstitutional laws can carry there and anywhere. Thanks for playing

I don't follow that double negative but I hear your condescension. 

36 minutes ago, Kens said:

Preach it brother!!
I just had my first fall last week because of invisible pothole.. :cry2:

SmartSelect_20180731-153503_Gallery.jpg

Invisible pothole? Where? Also, I'd too like to hear details on this theft. As I started the anti-theft thread (most people have avoided it) it would be good to put the information there.
There have been listed ideas on how to prevent theft but preventing muggings would be much harder.
Again, my suggestion to many people that live in areas where they might be targeted is to install within the device a gps tracker/locator the cost for one is less than a new wheel.

3 hours ago, Kens said:

Preach it brother!!
I just had my first fall last week because of invisible pothole.. :cry2:

SmartSelect_20180731-153503_Gallery.jpg

Potholes are horrible! Glad your ok! Unfortunately I hit mine at dusk. Never saw it. 

28837544917_7526e2c551_b.jpg

23 hours ago, Esper said:

Invisible pothole? Where?

It's very narrow but deep hole near the middle left of the picture. You can't see it in broad day light if you don't pay attention and impossible to notice while riding EUC..

SmartSelect_20180801-153443_Gallery.jpg

20 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Potholes are horrible! Glad your ok! Unfortunately I hit mine at dusk. Never saw it. 

Your picture is horrifying! I feel like I'm about to fall again :shock2:
I have full gear including the field tested Bell Super 3R but of course we never fall when we are wearing full gear right? I'm not wearing any when I fell. Scrapes some skins off on both of my palm and left shoulder. My left elbow was dripping red kool aid.. but zero regrets :clap3:

25 minutes ago, Kens said:

It's very narrow but deep hole near the middle left of the picture. You can't see it in broad day light if you don't pay attention and impossible to notice while riding EUC..

SmartSelect_20180801-153443_Gallery.jpg

Your picture is horrifying! 

Glad your semi ok. Is that blood in the hole?

My pot hole definitely changed my life as my shoulder reminds me daily.

25 minutes ago, Kens said:

I have full gear including the field tested Bell Super 3R but of course we never fall when we are wearing full gear right?

Rest assured I field tested the Bell Super 3R that evening and it saved my life. 

Archived