Gotway MSuper X arrived

Got quickly used to a wider stand so the Ms.X could float between my legs...

Also made a small modification on the pads to soften the hard edge when trail riding.

Just waiting for the rain to stop so I can go out with Ms.X again.

3 minutes ago, egiljo said:

Got quickly used to a wider stand so the Ms.X could float between my legs...

Also made a small modification on the pads to soften the hard edge when trail riding.

Just waiting for the rain to stop so I can go out with Ms.X again.

show us your mod then??

44 minutes ago, stephen said:

show us your mod then??

IMG_20180818_134249.thumb.jpg.b72edada6ee815807b291b79c48c2eef.jpg

The new extra foam is going over the edge and it also has addesive against the old ones, as this was my issue area regarding my sized legs.

When I banked the bot hard and quickly to escape big rocks or dampening bigger bumps.

The new foam is also higher (thicker) than the original pads.

Only had a test drive with this mod, so looking forward to the evening to really test them (when it's supposed to be clear weather again).

Bit uncertain about durability when crashing, but this is luckily seldom so time would tell.

Also the hard edge issue was a much less issue for me after adjusting to the wider stand.

Edited by egiljo
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

After testdrive this evening on mixed terrain, the extra padding was all it needed to give me no more worries regarding the hard edge.

Combined with there's still room for a free floating wheel.

Very happy with the result.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stephen said:

that's for the pair... we should get them free anyway from gotway if we purchased a msx ?

I agree... It would be one thing if they released the product, got feedback and down the road developed a resolution to a problem or issue... to pretty much simultaneously release a new wheel and offer the resolution for $48 is BS if you ask me... this is direct from GW, not aftermarket (I know it's offered on Ali so not sure cost direct)... disappointing :efef27703d: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

From what @Jason McNeil has told me in the past, Gotway charges him as a Dealer an outrageous amount for their existing side pads (MSuper, ACM, Monster, etc). That's why you don't see extra side pads on the EWheels website. With his necessary markup they would probably cost >$75.

So yeah, Gotway screws us again. Too bad they make such great wheels, otherwise we would take our business elsewhere.

I agree and I don't think Logic will play out here... charge a little more upfront and put out a better product that people will Praise!!! small things like this is bothersome... kind of a bait and switch mentality...

I used to own a Transmission shop in the 90's... Ford was "underbuilding" their transmissions so they were failing, and had "updated planetary gears" to solve the problem. The issue was I could only get the updates from the dealer, they were charging a fortune until they were available in the aftermarket, and the customers were pissed off at me cause I was charging too much... :(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

From what @Jason McNeil has told me in the past, Gotway charges him as a Dealer an outrageous amount for their existing side pads (MSuper, ACM, Monster, etc). That's why you don't see extra side pads on the EWheels website. With his necessary markup they would probably cost >$75.

So yeah, Gotway screws us again. Too bad they make such great wheels, otherwise we would take our business elsewhere.

Absolutely, as for pads and such things though I do take my business elsewhere and I hope others do to leaving Gotway still sitting with their old stock 10 years from now, it is outrageous what they are doing in this regards it's just flat out insane greed.

I cannot claim I know really but I can approximate the cost for Gotway to make pads it's not that hard really and the more the cheaper + they are in China after all, no they can keep them business will go to EUC GUY or if any other make some nice pads (or even DIY)

On 8/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, Marty Backe said:

Well, I have yet to have an opportunity to take the MSX into the hills. I certainly will be testing that aspect, but probably in September. Southern California has been going through an extended heat spell that has kept me away from my mountain testing grounds.

Marty i just bought an ACM V2 from ewheels. How would you compare that wheel to an Msuper x? Speed wise is the acm slower? Does it have the same engine?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tadrossi said:

Marty i just bought an ACM V2 from ewheels. How would you compare that wheel to an Msuper x? Speed wise is the acm slower? Does it have the same engine?

I'm not sure if the MSX has the same motor. I suspect that it does. And I think the MSX is probably faster (because of the larger diameter wheel).

The wheels are apples to oranges in comparison, but both great. The ACM2 is my all-around favorite do it all wheel. I don't have time to write a story hear, but lots of been written about both wheels.

Just remember, it's not very useful to compare different sized wheels. They serve different purposes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not sure if the MSX has the same motor. I suspect that it does. And I think the MSX is probably faster (because of the larger diameter wheel).

The wheels are apples to oranges in comparison, but both great. The ACM2 is my all-around favorite do it all wheel. I don't have time to write a story hear, but lots of been written about both wheels.

Just remember, it's not very useful to compare different sized wheels. They serve different purposes.

Thanks Marty. I kinda figured that. But so many people that I respect are raving about the new Msuper X that it had me second guessing my purchase. To be honest Im still terrified of the speed I can hit on the Acm 2.:efef77eaf5:

Im coming from an MCM4 so I still havent pushed past 27mph on my new wheel. Still learning it. Thanks as always for the info.

P.S I really enjoyed the podcast with you Duf and Jason. Very informative.:clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tadrossi said:

Thanks Marty. I kinda figured that. But so many people that I respect are raving about the new Msuper X that it had me second guessing my purchase. To be honest Im still terrified of the speed I can hit on the Acm 2.:efef77eaf5:

Im coming from an MCM4 so I still havent pushed past 27mph on my new wheel. Still learning it. Thanks as always for the info.

P.S I really enjoyed the podcast with you Duf and Jason. Very informative.:clap3:

I generally won't go faster than 25-mph, so all the current crop of wheels works for me. Stay terrified of those upper speeds, for your health :whistling:

I have lots of wheels and I still love my ACM2 :D  You do know that I advocate multiple wheels, right ;)

Hey, a fan of the podcast. Thanks for the feedback. Always nice to know that it's enjoyable at some level.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jack Frost said:

To be honest, I've grinded down the pedals so they are of lower degrees and put the ACM pedal on the MSX and I absolutely love this machine to death!

I've also been really lucky to jump from transition to transition without much issue.

Ninebot E+ (still alive)-->KS16(still alive)-->MSX

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Stay terrified of those upper speeds, for your health :whistling:

Amen!

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You do know that I advocate multiple wheels, right ;)

Baker’s dozen yet?  ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jack Frost said:

To be honest, I've grinded down the pedals so they are of lower degrees and put the ACM pedal on the MSX and I absolutely love this machine to death!

Omg how could you do that?  :thumbup: i hope it works awesome! 

There is a dummy on this forum that actually put spikes in his ACM pedals.... and then crashed!  :P

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2