KS18L and MSuper X

chunglam

On 7/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, joku said:

I just took my KS18L for a test ride. I only have ridden a Ninebot E+ before this, so I don't have much to go off of, but I kinda liked the groove on my E+ better. I like to ride with my legs  not really touching the shell and then kind of toss the wheel back and forth between my legs. With the 18L, it's tall and the pads rub against the inside of my legs and is a bit annoying.  It's bit sluggish, but I know it's an 18" wheel and expected, but hopefully I'll get used to it and not mind so much.

I agree, I prefer wheels who's pads don't bump and rub!

13 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

I agree, I prefer wheels who's pads don't bump and rub!

These issues are very common and most of us have preferences... I also like the wheels to be slim at the top so my legs are not hitting pads or the shell... that being said, I have gotten used to my Tesla and am really liking it... when I got my ACMv2, rode it for 10 miles, then immediately hopped on my Tesla, I hated it and was a bit disapointed. I commited to riding each wheel at least 2 days in a row not switching, and now I love the Tesla... my take away is most people get used to and start to like their wheels, even if their initial preference is different... Marty loves the wide feel... @mrelwood got a MSX and absolutely hated it (read his posts)... Now he can't stop Raving about it... we get used to what we have over time... it seems much more difficult for those who have multiple wheels, or coming from a different one... Stick with it... I will probably read in a few weeks how much you love your new wheel :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/23/2018 at 3:32 PM, Marcglider said:

@mrelwood got a MSX and absolutely hated it (read his posts)... Now he can't stop Raving about it... we get used to what we have over time

We do get used to pretty much any wheel, that is true. For the MSX though, it would still be unridable for me without mods on sidepads and dihedral pedal angle. 

• Like 3

On 6/22/2018 at 7:43 PM, Electroman said:

I think so, 60 on each cell for 120 in total.

It makes sense, don't quote me on this I have never even seen one but,  KS18L should have 20s5p though, no?

3.7v * 20 cell * 3500mah * 6p = 1554Wh (Gotway 1600Wh even though the GA cell is more like 3350mah I think?)

Nope, the 18L has 20s4p...3500mah cells

and the MSX (or all GW 1600wh wheels)

have 20s6p 3500mah cells...and yes, that are 1554wh....not 1600...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 10:25 AM, stephen said:

msuper x is looking more appealing to me to than the others , need more videos and reveiws ?

One feature that is appealing to me with the MSX is the option to add a seat but I have read that this puts pressure on the plastic and possibly causing damage. Any truth to this?

4 minutes ago, sirkdub said:

One feature that is appealing to me with the MSX is the option to add a seat but I have read that this puts pressure on the plastic and possibly causing damage. Any truth to this?

Can only speak for myself and my 90 something kilos (some 200 pounds), I have yet to learn riding seated but I still apply pressure to it when sitting on it trying to. I found it not so good sitting down while riding until I know the procedure of riding seated to begin with + I want to learn seated from stand still, but so far nothing, then again the handle on MSX feels very sturdy.

Someone else may help you better with this though.

12 minutes ago, sirkdub said:

i bought the msx but not the seat I've not heard of any issues with the msx tbh?

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 9:28 AM, joku said:

One of the pros to the msx is the ability to ride seated. Why can't a seat be added to the ks18l?

Yes this is exactly the reason I’m leaning a little more towards MSX vs 18L but Kimg song uses durable plastic so worry about the MSX being less durable. Also I have heard the seat puts stress and damages the MSX plastic. Anyone ?

1 minute ago, sirkdub said:

Yes this is exactly the reason I’m leaning a little more towards MSX vs 18L but Kimg song uses durable plastic so worry about the MSX being less durable. Also I have heard the seat puts stress and damages the MSX plastic. Anyone ?

I dumped my ACM out a long escalator, it literally bounced high up in the air before crashing down next few steps and kept going all the way down, was heart pounding moments for sure and did crack a few mounting points + a bit of the handle but you know what?

Show me a wheel that could do that much better, and I rode away after picking it up again believe it or not?

Gotway use very though plastics too, don't worry about that aspect you will not be disappointed, that I actually dare to claim. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sirkdub said:

It's not like the MSX plastic is fragile. These wheels are extremely solid. The only Gotway wheel that I feel is unduly fragile is the Monster. The ACM and MSuper line of wheels are very tough, IMO.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sirkdub said:

I got the seat for MSX.  But I don't use it.  I feel seating is not as safe as standing.  Of course, it's a personal opinion. 

In the past two weekends, I have ridden three long day trips,  85kms, 98kms, and today's 90kms.  I have three or four breaks.  But have learned how to exercise feet on the wheel to get the circulation running.  90kms is my range of 1600wh.  I wish the battery capacity is larger so I can go further.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, EU_commuter said:

I got the seat for MSX.  But I don't use it.  I feel seating is not as safe as standing.  Of course, it's a personal opinion. 

In the past two weekends, I have ridden three long day trips,  85kms, 98kms, and today's 90kms.  I have three or four breaks.  But have learned how to exercise feet on the wheel to get the circulation running.  90kms is my range of 1600wh.  I wish the battery capacity is larger so I can go further.

does your battery go down quick the first 20% , about 5 miles and my battery is at 83% then settles and only charges to to 95% and 82v but then again that might be wheel log app

i love my msx but i often wonder about this ?

IMG_20180904_003146.jpg

Screenshot_20180903-113916.jpg

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

does your battery go down quick the first 20% , about 5 miles and my battery is at 83% then settles and only charges to to 95% and 82v but then again that might be wheel log app

not sure about this wheel but i will tell you of an issue I had with my Tesla... after fully charging it I went for a ride and it only charged to 90%... I ck'd voltages and they were low, long story short is I opened the side case, I found there was a small circuit board next to the battery, there was a very small 2 pin connector that had come loose because that board came loose from the little white silicone they squirted in the corners of the board to hold it... If you search for a thread by me I think under "need help Tesla not fully charging" or something along that line, you will see how I got it resolved... Good Luck...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stephen said:

i love my msx but i often wonder about this ?

Here is the plot of battery level vs distance for my 98km run.  It is roughly linear.  At the beginning, it seems dropping faster.distance_vs_batterylevel_20180903.jpg.88bbe858a2f2ce5cbb7180bbc8a37661.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
On 6/12/2018 at 2:02 AM, chunglam said:

You can check yourself

IMG_20180609_111823.thumb.jpg.351c0110850dd6cca4edf31798b3bfc2.jpgIMG_20180609_111724.thumb.jpg.3bdd80ffdd6a192ff44cf18f05f48a19.jpg

Is there a way to see these 2 units side by side from another angle?

I will soon buy one of them and haven’t seen how big the 18l live(compared to the Tesla). The chassi width...

39 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

Is there a way to see these 2 units side by side from another angle?

I will soon buy one of them and haven’t seen how big the 18l live(compared to the Tesla). The chassi width...

From my video - side by side:

• Upvote 1