THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

13 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Z10 Review Video

Nice Z10 commentary. I kept staring at your helmet :D  That's a very impressive array of headlamps that you have. With so many lights on your helmet I wonder why you bother turning on the Z10 headlamp :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Carl....I looked at some of your photos. The bird shots feeding from hand are really interesting. The drone shot pointed down at the boats stuck at the frozen water was unique.

National Geographic credits....wow.

Good luck riding.

Thank you for your kind comment @Bob Eisenman. National Geographic is so famous in this part of the world too that it's like a top prize to be discovered by them. Here at the forum it is a litle bit more difficult :w00t2::facepalm:.
Today I have been outdoors trying new tools for my next EUC video (will be published later with the first one). I make a "behind the scenes" video to give you a detailed information on how to get the best audio and image quality while riding.
See ya!
Greetings from Finland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I'd be interested to hear what kind of video gear you have for ride footage. Do you use gimbals? I have been looking into Insta360 one; it has stabilisation but do you still need a gimbal, I wonder.

No stabilizer is needed. The heavier the tool is, the easier it is to film stable. For the video

I only used a rubber band for all shots.

But with an electric unicycle is it different, and I'll show in the next "behind the scenes" video (later on) how I use the rubber band with lighter gears. Can be good knowledge for those who do not want to invest in a new camera.
Welcome to the Finnish riders group 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dismason said:

No stabilizer is needed. The heavier the tool is, the easier it is to film stable. For the video

I only used a rubber band for all shots.

But with an electric unicycle is it different, and I'll show in the next "behind the scenes" video (later on) how I use the rubber band with lighter gears. Can be good knowledge for those who do not want to invest in a new camera.
Welcome to the Finnish riders group 

Thanks. Nice video. Yeah, I was first thinking of getting a DJI gimbal and using my phone camera, but then I came across the Insta360, which seemed like a nice concept.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

, I was first thinking of getting a DJI gimbal 

I  saw this in a US store (Best Buy) for $99.

Zhiyun - Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer - Black

Same price or less on eBay...many used ones as well.

1 hour ago, dismason said:

For the video

I enjoyed that video as well.

A local bike trail was dedicated a week ago and I was videoed by a woman using a shoulder mounted to video rig. It looked heavy.....it must be stable too.

About twenty years ago a Finnish woman worked across the hall from me. We were both long term employees of that Boston Hospital. She (Sinnika) retired and went back to family and friends in Finland. Haven't heard about her since then. She took a picture of me working in the lab....Polaroid.....can't find it though now with all my computer clutter on hard drives.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cg said:

I wanted to show some bits from my daily commute on the Z10, the path is a bit like a mini race-track :)

well, it kinda shows how much difference good equipment makes :cheers:

Be careful riding when all of the slippery leaves begin covering the path. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I  saw this in a US store (Best Buy) for $99.

Zhiyun - Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer - Black

Same price or less on eBay...many used ones as well.

I enjoyed that video as well.

A local bike trail was dedicated a week ago and I was videoed by a woman using a shoulder mounted to video rig. It looked heavy.....it must be stable too.

About twenty years ago a Finnish woman worked across the hall from me. We were both long term employees of that Boston Hospital. She (Sinnika) retired and went back to family and friends in Finland. Haven't heard about her since then. She took a picture of me working in the lab....Polaroid.....can't find it though now with all my computer clutter on hard drives.

Zhiyun seems to be a very good gimbal. The biggest advantage is that it can be used with many different cameras. Another advantage is that you can use an external microphone with it. 
Yesterday I tested my GoPro Karma grip. It also worked perfectly, but if you do audio recording, there will be a lot of noise from the gimbal engine as well. Karma is loud and at some angles it starts to shake. So I think Zhiyun can be a good investment for video recorders.

Gopro Hero 6 Black camera has a good electronic image stabilization system, one of the best I've tried so far. Perfect for video captures. However, it has overheating problems and yesterday I sent my unit back to GoPro service in Sweden. May see if they now replace it for a new one for the third time.

Sinikka is one of the most common names for women here in Finland. 
On the web, I saw that the world's first completely painless surgery was done at Boston Hospital .

7 hours ago, dismason said:

Boston Hospital

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My 'Yi gimbal' picks up unwanted audio from the servos too.

I was in research but not clinical. My boss had both MD and PhD credentials and would narrate events in the clinic from time to time. In her words:

"Young kids (youthful) can tolerate higher levels of discomfort than adults. If you take a kid (patient) and apply a treatment or procedure......the kid is up and about playing in a few days. If you were to apply the same treatment or proceedure to an adult it might take weeks for the adult to recover'.

Since Children's sees many infants in the clinics the problem that arises for the doctor/staff is that the infant hasn't the language ablity to be able to tell the doctor where it hurts, etc.

To that extent the many laboratory testing resources allow diagnostic appraisal (plus comparison to reported case reviews in the literature) of the very young patients condition by using processed samples and various tests to develop a 'clinical picture' of what's going on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dismason said:

On the web, I saw that the world's first completely painless surgery

Maybe it was a balloon catheter treatment for a heart blockage in adults.

I've read:

The surgeons feed the catheter through blood vessels to 'deploy' the balloon at the site of interest. The surgical trauma associated with opening the chest and retracting the ribs is significant. Former California Governor Schwarzenegger had a recent catheter type proceedure for a heart condition. Something unexpected (infrequent as the proceedure goes) happened and they had to open his chest anyway. Blood clots are a major concern as well since strokes may follow. Timing is supposed to be critical.

"However, during this less-invasive procedure, Schwarzenegger may have experienced a complication that required emergency open-heart surgery, according to TMZ."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/62182-arnold-schwarzenegger-heart-surgery.html

That's gotta be painful.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dismason said:

Gopro Hero 6 Black camera has a good electronic image stabilization system, one of the best I've tried so far. Perfect for video captures. However, it has overheating problems and yesterday I sent my unit back to GoPro service in Sweden. May see if they now replace it for a new one for the third time.

I'm very surprised to hear you are experiencing over-heating on your HERO6 Black. That shouldn't happen unless you're shooting in really hot conditions.

I presume you're shooting at 4k60? How long are you able to shoot before shutdown, and what was the approximate ambient temperature?

Are you using 3rd-party batteries?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

I'm very surprised to hear you are experiencing over-heating on your HERO6 Black. That shouldn't happen unless you're shooting in really hot conditions.

I presume you're shooting at 4k60? How long are you able to shoot before shutdown, and what was the approximate ambient temperature?

Are you using 3rd-party batteries?

I have not received a response from GoPro yet about what can cause this issue. They have earlier made the decision to replace it without reparing. I only use original GoPro parts and the temperature outside was below 20 ° C (68 ° F). Shooting 1080 p 60 f / s. 
The camera body became so hot that it could not hold it. The battery (GoPro) was emptied of power in five minutes. When it was cooled, I had to drill a hole in the battery (GoPro) and pull it out with a screw. New batteries (GoPro) can not be insert to the camera any more. Batteries fits perfectly in Hero 5 Black. So it will be interesting to see what they find wrong in my unit and they have promiced to give answers within three weeks.
YouTube search: gopro hero 6 overheating

On 9/19/2018 at 5:24 AM, cg said:

I wanted to show some bits from my daily commute on the Z10, the path is a bit like a mini race-track :)

well, it kinda shows how much difference good equipment makes :cheers:

Beautiful and healthy daily commute. Great place to ride a Z10. Are you riding this path in rain and bad weather as well or are you then using alternative means of commuting? I bought myself a huge colorful rain poncho and are now enjoying rainrides on my Z (without the mudguard) ? 

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Doesn’t anybody besides me wish the LED lights on the back of the Z would go up all the way instead of vanishing half way into thin air...! It’s the only flaw (besides the changed pedal design from cool to dull!) the Z really has, and I hope Ninebot will address this flaw. Would be reason enough for me to buy a second Z. ?

I agree as well. In the front they are ok. I wonder if the mudguard would block the upper leds and that's why they didn't put them higher up in the rear.

But I still think Z10 has the coolest leds of all wheels.

Just checked: yes the mudguard and trolley handle would get on the way.

Edited by Ziiten
  • Like 2